MSC Newbie - Yacht Club, restaurants, excursions and everything else!

Harriet75C

So, sailing on Seascape in YC out of Miami to Bahamas, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.

Never been with MSC before.

Tell me everything I need to know about YC, speciality restaurants and excursions.  What are the must dos?  What should I avoid?  What are the best things about YC and the things that aren’t necessarily obvious from the website but are fab anyway?

Travelling as a family of 4 and the kids will be 11 and 13.

Just read every thread here on the first ten pages or so that has YC in the title.  That will tell you more than you want to know.  EM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Harriet75C said:

So, sailing on Seascape in YC out of Miami to Bahamas, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.

Never been with MSC before.

Tell me everything I need to know about YC, speciality restaurants and excursions.  What are the must dos?  What should I avoid?  What are the best things about YC and the things that aren’t necessarily obvious from the website but are fab anyway?

Travelling as a family of 4 and the kids will be 11 and 13.

Many posts on this plus quite a few YouTube videos.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We were on the seashore last week in the YC. It was phenomenal. We are seniors so would have a different experience than you.  The chef came out during every meal service greeting guests and asking if all was ok. The food was delicious. the filet which is always on the menu for dinner was the best we’ve ever had. We loved the top sail lounge with the best homemade potato chips always available.there were also many other sweets available too.  On a sea day we had high tea in the lounge which would be a different experience for the kids. Our butler Emmanuel and jr butler Jayesh were always available and were continually asking if they could get us anything.there were plenty of loungers and cabanas available on 20 and the buffet was very good which served breakfast and lunch. I think they served appetizers in the evening until 8 but we never went up there.  We never went in the pool or hot tub but I never saw them overcrowded. We really enjoyed the shows each night in the theater. You have reserved seating until just before 7:30. Just show your wrist band and walk in. We had great pizza delivered to the room and also went to the buffet on 16 to get the pizza late in the evening. Be sure to get the round pizza. It’s at a station with pasta. We didn’t do this but if you put your wrist band under the elevator control supposedly it gets YC guests faster service. Be sure to repeat your floor for each guest. You’d do it 4 times.  I hope you enjoy the seascape as much as we loved the seashore.

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were also on the MSC Seashore last week in YC. I echo everything that @Mommapadraig have said. Our butler was Anton and junior butler was Sonji. They were also very attentive! It was our first time sailing on a larger MSC ship as we have only sailed on Fantasia-class ships before this. You do notice the increase in the number of passengers but not to a large extent.

- Jack

• Like 1

Th YC pool is small and is pretty much an adult stand around thing

Take advantage of the Water slides and other bigger pools on the ship. The water slides are great fun for adults too!!

Also, if you are going to Ocean Cay, maybe do an excursion. Or bring your own snorkeling gear and snorkel at several of the beaches. You do not have to use only the YC area beach.

Have you sailed with the kids before, or will this be your first family cruise?

Don't want to tell you stuff you already know

• Like 1