LIVE MSC Meraviglia May 19-26… and (hopefully) reopening of Ocean Cay

Notch8

I think I like the idea of Brunch. Is it the same menu every day? I might be a bit sad to miss out on a variety on the sea day lunch menu, but I guess I am willing to trade that for the ability to get breakfast in the MDR past 9:00. I always felt very rushed trying to write up my blog, drink my coffee, shower, and dress to get to the MDR for breakfast by about 8:30.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Notch8 said:

Brunch is a real thing now.  No separate breakfast and lunch except for the day in Nassau.  Other port days have breakfast only; sea days have brunch.  Brunch hours are 8:00 - 1:30.

I'm a little confused with what's offered when. The implication on port days is break fast only and no lunch? What if you stay on the ship?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Notch8 said:

Brunch is a real thing now.  No separate breakfast and lunch except for the day in Nassau.  Other port days have breakfast only; sea days have brunch.  Brunch hours are 8:00 - 1:30.

Duplicate post 

Edited by kwokpot

On 5/18/2024 at 2:21 PM, GA Dave said:

Jim,

My last two cruises (Seashore and Magnifica), they were no longer giving out the paper Daily Programs in the cabins. Everything has migrated to the app.

For the those of you, like me, who like the paper Daily Programs you can just ask your cabin attendant to deliver them to you. We did this on the Meraviglia last month. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jamon said:

would like to hear more about going to private island...dates and times you will be there

We will be there Thursday.  Looks like times are 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.

Jim

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I think I like the idea of Brunch. Is it the same menu every day? I might be a bit sad to miss out on a variety on the sea day lunch menu, but I guess I am willing to trade that for the ability to get breakfast in the MDR past 9:00. I always felt very rushed trying to write up my blog, drink my coffee, shower, and dress to get to the MDR for breakfast by about 8:30.

Same menu every day.  Another thread has the menu but here it is again:

IMG_7807.png

21 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm a little confused with what's offered when. The implication on port days is break fast only and no lunch? What if you stay on the ship?

Buffet will stay open.  Just nothing in Main Dining Room.

Jim

• Thanks 1

Ok, time for a bit of a rant.

If you look at the menu for brunch, it has, in the upper right, a list of drinks.  One of which is “fresh pressed orange juice.”  So I asked for this (we have drink package) and the server said someone will come around to take drink orders.  OK, fine.

Drink server informed me that they don’t serve it in the dining room; you have to go to a bar.  My reply was “Then don’t put it on the menu!!”

I guess he could tell I was irritated so the head waiter came by and took care of it.  I got my juice.

I’m usually pretty easy going, but - come on; I should be able to order what’s on the menu!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Notch8 said:

Ok, time for a bit of a rant.

If you look at the menu for brunch, it has, in the upper right, a list of drinks.  One of which is “fresh pressed orange juice.”  So I asked for this (we have drink package) and the server said someone will come around to take drink orders.  OK, fine.

Drink server informed me that they don’t serve it in the dining room; you have to go to a bar.  My reply was “Then don’t put it on the menu!!”

I guess he could tell I was irritated so the head waiter came by and took care of it.  I got my juice.

I’m usually pretty easy going, but - come on; I should be able to order what’s on the menu!!

I had the fresh squeezed last cruise and it’s worth demanding it!

On 5/18/2024 at 12:47 PM, tony s said:

Please send a beer list if possible? Safe journey!

I grabbed a couple of beer menus from a couple of bars.  Hope they have something you like!

I see any more I’ll post.

Jim

IMG_7769.jpeg

IMG_7808.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Notch8 said:

Not a rant, but an eye roll…. Anyone see a problem with this?

IMG_7659.jpeg

We got the paper copy but ended up using the app. It was very easy to see what was going on when and where.

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Clearly they expect you to have two phones or a partner with a phone to make use of that QR code!

FYI, if you have a QR reader app on your phone, you can take a screenshot of your phone and then open it within the QR reader app.

• Like 3

Ok, so much like Royal they did away with the paper (unless requested) and have a QR code to the PDF version of the exact same thing. I like that, the apps are nice too, but something about seeing the actual activity\schedule sheets, even in digital form, is a little nicer to me. Plus you can just download each day and have them as a "souvenir"  if that's something you like. 

2 hours ago, Notch8 said:

"Another thread has the menu but here it is again"

I noticed this menu does not have the $12 24-layer Venchi chocolate cake. I suppose a dessert that pricey was an immediate flop. Unfortunate, but understandable.

Maybe it will survive on other ships' brunch menus.

@Notch8 @JamieLogical IS IT TRUE Meraviglia does not provide facial tissue by default?! Will it be provided if asked? OP, please let us know if you have (or have had) tissue in your room without asking

also does anyone know if bar soap can be requested? For NCL they stopped giving bar soap to non-Havens a few years ago but bars are still available if asked. 

thanks 

11 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

@Notch8 @JamieLogical IS IT TRUE Meraviglia does not provide facial tissue by default?! Will it be provided if asked? OP, please let us know if you have (or have had) tissue in your room without asking

also does anyone know if bar soap can be requested? For NCL they stopped giving bar soap to non-Havens a few years ago but bars are still available if asked. 

thanks 

Facial tissue is not provided. I am unsure if you can request it. If you need it, I suggest you bring your own. I am also unsure about bar soap. Liquid hand soap is provided in a dispenser by the sink and liquid body wash is provided in a dispenser in the shower. I never had a need for bar soap or facial tissue, so neither of these things have impacted me.

22 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

thanks 

No facial tissues in our room, nor bar soap.  Not sure if they have them available.  The shower has body wash and shampoo in dispensers; DW and I brought our own.

They don’t have a trash bin in the bathroom either… bit of a head-scratcher on that one.

Jim

On Seashore and Seaside there was a metal bin inside a cupboard below the sink in the bathroom.  My cabin steward brought me a box of tissue.  I joked that maybe it was a diamond bonus.  EM

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Notch8 said:

No facial tissues in our room, nor bar soap.  Not sure if they have them available.  The shower has body wash and shampoo in dispensers; DW and I brought our own.

They don’t have a trash bin in the bathroom either… bit of a head-scratcher on that one.

Jim

There should be a trash can hooked to the inside of the cabinet door....

2 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

thanks 

Yes,they will provide bar soap and facial tissues if requested. Also note they don't provide body lotion either. 

3 hours ago, Notch8 said:

Jim

Hmm we were on Mera this past week (12th-19th) and had a box of facial tissue in the bathroom and a bin on the inside of the bathroom cabinet. We were in an Aurea balcony room. 

• Like 1

You may also receive reports of people not receiving wash cloths. I have always received wash cloths in my stateroom on all five of my MSC sailings without requesting them. I am sure that, if you mistakenly do not receive wash cloths, you could ask for them, as they should be there.

• Like 2