TxTeach79's LIVE Venezia Summer 10 Day from NYC 5/27

51 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

You better hope the Stars figure out how to better handle the puck pressure by the Oilers.  Dallas is lucky it’s still tied right now.

Stars figured it out in the 3rd.  I was seriously nervous after the 2nd.  McDavid-Draisaitl together is lethal.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dmet0225 said:

Stars figured it out in the 3rd.  I was seriously nervous after the 2nd.  McDavid-Draisaitl together is lethal.  

That's as good as it gets in the NHL. The Oilers top end is insane elite. The Stars are the deeper team. Gonna be a heck of a series. That Canadian crowd is gonna be INSANE, and Dallas is the best road team in the league. 

• Like 3

I live literally across the street from the FC Dallas home stadium. Their game against Real Salt Lake ended 3-3 tonight... that means fireworks shook my walls three times tonight,

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

That's as good as it gets in the NHL. The Oilers top end is insane elite. The Stars are the deeper team. Gonna be a heck of a series. That Canadian crowd is gonna be INSANE, and Dallas is the best road team in the league. 

The depth of the Stars is unbelievable.  They are not afraid to throw out the 4th line, and that 4th line can even score.  Nothing better than playoff hockey.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmet0225 said:

The depth of the Stars is unbelievable.  They are not afraid to throw out the 4th line, and that 4th line can even score.  Nothing better than playoff hockey.  

That 4th line is what got us past Vegas. So gritty.

3 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Dad and I on Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda, 2016

IMG_9636.thumb.png.48c0e4779f32f0c33795296107f83925.png

never mad about Showtime. Showtime is fun. Showtime = memories. 

IMG_9643.thumb.jpeg.6002c351e97250e0a68c2d76c42386a7.jpeg

Great pictures.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

OT playoff hockey?

my blood pressure spiked reading this post

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

OT playoff hockey?

Well, that goes without saying, but I’d much rather Dallas take care of business in regulation.  In game 7 against Vegas, I took my pulse in the waning moments….let's just say my doctor would have been startled.  My resting pulse is high enough as it is.

I was actually in attendance for the double OT loss against the Devils in 2000 and also in the 5 OT game against Anaheim in 2003.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Well, that goes without saying, but I’d much rather Dallas take care of business in regulation.  In game 7 against Vegas, I took my pulse in the waning moments….let's just say my doctor would have been startled.  My resting pulse is high enough as it is.

I was actually in attendance for the double OT loss against the Devils in 2000 and also in the 5 OT game against Anaheim in 2003.  

Loudest sporting event of my life was Game 7 against the Avs in 1999. Mike Keane forever.

• Like 2

Just now, TxTeach79 said:

Loudest sporting event of my life was Game 7 against the Avs in 1999. Mike Keane forever.

I was at that game, too.  Mike Keene was one of those character guys.  We always used to watch him in pregame warmups spit out the piece of gum he was chewing in warmups and flip it into the crowd.

I have to say, though, that the loudest sporting event in which I was attending was a game 7 double OT between Philly and Washington in Washington.  I happened to be there for work and got myself a ticket about 5 minutes into the game. Unbelievable experience.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Oh, and who could forget the “Eddie’s better” chant?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

We always used to watch him in pregame warmups spit out the piece of gum he was chewing in warmups and flip it into the crowd.

IMG_9845.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Oh, and who could forget the “Eddie’s better” chant?

I keep meaning to by a bottle of the Belfour whiskey but it’s not cheap

• Like 2

Thanks so much to the 90 folks following along! So excited to have y’all along for the ride. Business is about to pick up. Alarm going off in 6 hours. Hold me. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay so there’s a tornado in my county but it’s way north of me. What a night 

Yep, wait just a second.  Looking at the radar loop, it appears to be on a NW to SE trajectory.  That’s an odd movement.  And now looking at the NWS X feed, Anna, Melissa and Celina are in the tornado warned area.  That’s definitely south from where this supercell started.

• Like 2