TxTeach79's LIVE Venezia Summer 10 Day from NYC 5/27

48 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Filthy Luka 3 pointer to win it for the Mavs

Mavs up 2-0 with two road wins

I’m trying to wind down so I can get to bed… what a finish 

• Like 1

So tonight @HelloItsMeB and I spent the evening at the house with my mom, telling stories and ordering in a mess of food from our favorite local burger joint….

IMG_9774.thumb.jpeg.b7d49d472a8f270bec3828b919de26d4.jpeg

IMG_9775.thumb.jpeg.fc720f7c91ad422e44fd20548ae629ad.jpeg

IMG_9776.thumb.jpeg.08885c584205363e8c8270d77ca30b94.jpeg

it was a real “this is hard and we have a long way to go and we’ll always miss him but we’re gonna be okay” kinda night. Really good for the soul. Mom was happy and relaxed and ate like a regular human for the first time this week. Hell, I could say the same. I’ve lost 6 pounds since Dad went into the hospital on Saturday. Anyway, this still sucks and I’m still processing, but after a day spent getting finances in order, finding insurance policies, reorganizing bill pays, shutting services off, etc… it felt good and at least like a step in the right direction. And thanks to everyone following along with me here - this one is gonna be weird, but I’m ready for it. 

(Oh, and I got home in time to watch the 4th quarter of the Mavs game.)

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

So tonight @HelloItsMeB and I spent the evening at the house with my mom, telling stories and ordering in a mess of food from our favorite local burger joint….

IMG_9774.thumb.jpeg.b7d49d472a8f270bec3828b919de26d4.jpeg

IMG_9775.thumb.jpeg.fc720f7c91ad422e44fd20548ae629ad.jpeg

IMG_9776.thumb.jpeg.08885c584205363e8c8270d77ca30b94.jpeg

it was a real “this is hard and we have a long way to go and we’ll always miss him but we’re gonna be okay” kinda night. Really good for the soul. Mom was happy and relaxed and ate like a regular human for the first time this week. Hell, I could say the same. I’ve lost 6 pounds since Dad went into the hospital on Saturday. Anyway, this still sucks and I’m still processing, but after a day spent getting finances in order, finding insurance policies, reorganizing bill pays, shutting services off, etc… it felt good and at least like a step in the right direction. And thanks to everyone following along with me here - this one is gonna be weird, but I’m ready for it. 

(Oh, and I got home in time to watch the 4th quarter of the Mavs game.)

"We'll always miss him but we're gonna be okay" - This really struck a chord with me and going back to what I posted on the tribe, it really is true.  

For me, the trick to getting over the initial shock / pain is finding little pockets of 'normal' like you did last night, enjoying your cruises this summer etc.  Let it hurt when it hurts, but when you've got a chance for some normal moments, dont feel bad taking them!  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Hey @MeganGC1983, I’m glad you’re here, cause guess what’s coming with me 

IMG_9750.thumb.jpeg.c4f854e9d458f39f7f394cfb4274b03e.jpeg

If these dont work for you (and they were just OK for me)...Waterboy has a magical product that just deleted my hangovers on my last cruise

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ggooglyboogly said:

If these dont work for you (and they were just OK for me)...Waterboy has a magical product that just deleted my hangovers on my last cruise

I was just looking at Waterboy for our trip! Did you drink at night before bed or in the AM?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ggooglyboogly said:

I’ve used Liquid IV once before on a Vegas trip, and I’m not sure if it helped or not but it didn’t hurt. These were given to me as a gag by coworkers at the end of the year, but it’s a gag I’m gonna put to use. Knock on wood I really don’t get hangovers too often or badly, but an ounce of prevention as they say…… (someone is gonna use this last sentence against me at some point this week and I’ll deserve it)

• Like 7
  • Haha 12

Posted (edited)

Most of y’all know I live in Dallas and prefer DAL over DFW times fifty so i’m generally a Southwest guy…. Got B29 this morning. Not the best, but flying solo that’ll be just fine for my customary window near the back of the plane 

IMG_9790.thumb.jpeg.97a8546018438f96bd5e403fce84c401.jpeg

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 15

42 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Most of y’all know I live in Dallas and prefer DAL over DFW times fifty so i’m generally a Southwest guy…. Got B29 this morning. Not the best, but flying solo that’ll be just fine for my customary window near the back of the plane 

Safe travels, and I hope you have an amazing trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

We had B45-50 yesterday and ended up with the last 2 empty rows. I hate sitting on the last row of the plane, but the kids enjoyed it. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We had B45-50 yesterday and ended up with the last 2 empty rows. I hate sitting on the last row of the plane, but the kids enjoyed it. 

Solo I just look for a window with nobody in the middle seat (or preferably a still empty row) and dive in. The weird way I convince myself I’m good with the back of the plane is on these rare occasions when I check a bag, like this one (because it’s an 11 day trip and bags are free on SW), I just tell myself by the time I get off the plane and to the baggage claim there’s that much less of a wait. 

look, I may not be the athlete I once was, but I’m still pretty good at mental gymnastics 

• Like 6
  • Haha 20

47 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Solo I just look for a window with nobody in the middle seat (or preferably a still empty row) and dive in. The weird way I convince myself I’m good with the back of the plane is on these rare occasions when I check a bag, like this one (because it’s an 11 day trip and bags are free on SW), I just tell myself by the time I get off the plane and to the baggage claim there’s that much less of a wait. 

My solo go-to strategy on SWA, regardless of queuing position, is to sit as far upfront as possible, even if it's a middle seat (the proviso being it must be between two clean and thin passengers), as I hate the deplaning part of arrival to your destination. 

That said, with all the wheelchair, special assist passengers, and families, it usually means I find a spot in the middle of the plane. 

Oh, also...amazing little-known fact: the act of flying on SWA, regardless of the airport or destination, has a magical curative healing power where wheelchair and assist passengers can walk-off themselves without any issues.  It must be the air they pump-in.  It's quite amazing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 18

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Costco has an extra 20$ off their $500 for $450 gift card, So it was $430 for $500 today. We bought several.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mom, going through some of Dad’s things…. “These are the last sweatpants he ever bought, I don’t think he ever even wore them. You want them?”

um. Wow. Yeah. Yeah I do. And why do I suddenly feel better about going? Thanks, Dad.  🥹

IMG_6687.thumb.jpeg.31d2b317c631452ee86931e3e44bbcc9.jpeg

• Like 59
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

look, I may not be the athlete I once was, but I’m still pretty good at mental gymnastics 

I once was stuck with the back row against the wall (no window) with the engine just on the other side of the wall in front of the bathroom…..from Newark to DFW.  Absolutely miserable.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, z_cruisers said:

I was just looking at Waterboy for our trip! Did you drink at night before bed or in the AM?

I would wake up in the morning and take it first thing with some Cold water....20 mins later I was golden (just like the golden refreshing crisp of miller lite....that got me into the hangover mess in the first place lol)

• Haha 14

16 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Hey @MeganGC1983, I’m glad you’re here, cause guess what’s coming with me 

IMG_9750.thumb.jpeg.c4f854e9d458f39f7f394cfb4274b03e.jpeg

Are you implying that Megan might need to consume liquid IV after a night of over consuming on alcohol?  This can't be true, I always thought that Megan was a teetotaler. 😄😁😂🤣

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Are you implying that Megan might need to consume liquid IV after a night of over consuming on alcohol?  This can't be true, I always thought that Megan was a teetotaler. 😄😁😂🤣

Indeed. 
💀

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Liquid IV should be named after @MeganGC1983 at this point, at least some new flavor varietal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10