Any news regarding fixing Vistas cabin noise issues?

It was reported awhile back that they planned on doing something to the cabin walls to reduce the noise levels. Has anyone heard anything recently about this?  I will be sailing in one years time 🤨

• Thanks 1

We did not have any noise issues on our 30 plus days aboard in same cabin with different neighbors but know others that had noise issues in different cabins and others that had no noise issues in same cabin on different sailing...so it appears to be a combination of your neighbors and insulation issues on some cabins,  They will need to take Vista in to dry dock to tear out walls and increase insulation.,.,not something that can be done onboard or while in port for a day.  They did say they were looking to address the issue on Allure which was still in construction.

Looking at Vista’s schedule I see a cruise ending in Miami on 1/3 and the next cruise starting in Miami on 1/8.  Not sure if they could do some spray insulation during that time or not. 

Just now, EJL2023 said:

Looking at Vista’s schedule I see a cruise ending in Miami on 1/3 and the next cruise starting in Miami on 1/8.  Not sure if they could do some spray insulation during that time or not. 

Certainly a possibility but could be a charter too....

My partner plays on an O Facebook group where there's very recently been a brief mention. Someone had commented about the problem on the "mid cruise" survey and had received a reply that "something" was going to be done in  the not too distant future. No further details and, of course, this may be something to take with a pinch of salt. But it does seem to be a sort of official acknowledgement of the problem. 

We didnt experience any issues on our recent cruise. We were in 9063. My partner has noted, from the Facebook discussion, that a number of other occupants of nearby cabins were also reporting no issues. May be co-incidence or may be a suggestion that it's not a problem throughout the ship. Fingers crossed - as we've booked a cruise with the same cabin for next year. 

1 hour ago, Harters said:

My partner plays on an O Facebook group where there's very recently been a brief mention. Someone had commented about the problem on the "mid cruise" survey and had received a reply that "something" was going to be done in  the not too distant future. No further details and, of course, this may be something to take with a pinch of salt. But it does seem to be a sort of official acknowledgement of the problem. 

We didnt experience any issues on our recent cruise. We were in 9063. My partner has noted, from the Facebook discussion, that a number of other occupants of nearby cabins were also reporting no issues. May be co-incidence or may be a suggestion that it's not a problem throughout the ship. Fingers crossed - as we've booked a cruise with the same cabin for next year. 

You were very lucky. On two recent Vista cruises, two different cabins on two different decks ( 9 and 10) we could only sleep when neighbors' TV was off. On one of the cruises neighbor showed me that his TV volume was as low as 7% and still I kept hearing his UK sports channel...could even distinguish the words. I slept when he turned off his TV..about 11:15 p.m. and ..woke up when he decided to continue to fufill his TV addiction...usually about 7:15 a.m. Spoke to reception desk and GM about it. Was told there was no point in changing cabins because the problem is pervasive throughout the ship. I even said I would pay an upgrade cost to a PH...perhaps that would be quieter due to possible differences in construction/design/location of TV. Was told that that complaints tend to come from all levels of cabins. Seems that only escape is luck of having pretty quiet neighbors who do not watch much TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2