Joy booking evening entertainment

I am unclear if I have to book the evening entertainment venues or just show up.  Main theater?  The Beatles venue?  The comedy club?  If these need booking can they be done before sailing on only once on board?  Planner shows no booking available now but I am 6/23 sailing so maybe it’s too early? These are things I’m really looking forward to since I’m a solo cruiser so I hope I can get into all of them or at least one or two.  Or if I need to show up early, how far out from the scheduled time of the show? Same for those game shows I guess but I’m not terribly interested in them.  They seem to be selling things.  TIA.

You can’t book the Cavern Club or the comedy club.  I think the only show you can make reservations for is Elements in the main theater.  I got off the Joy earlier this month and loved Elements!  Went back a second time (without a reservation) but had the time wrong so only got to see the second half that time.

If you want to see the Beatles show in the Cavern Club, be prepared to line up at least an hour in advance to get a seat.  And you might not get a seat.  On my cruise they were in the main theater twice, no reservations needed.  We had no problem getting seats.  I’m not a huge Beatles fan, they were a little before my time, but I know the music and the shows were fantastic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

I am unclear if I have to book the evening entertainment venues or just show up.  Main theater?  The Beatles venue?  The comedy club?  If these need booking can they be done before sailing on only once on board?  Planner shows no booking available now but I am 6/23 sailing so maybe it’s too early? These are things I’m really looking forward to since I’m a solo cruiser so I hope I can get into all of them or at least one or two.  Or if I need to show up early, how far out from the scheduled time of the show? Same for those game shows I guess but I’m not terribly interested in them.  They seem to be selling things.  TIA.

You can book elements 21 days prior to departure. That is the only bookable show. Without reservations, you can go and see Elements by standing in the standby line and being let in 10 minutes before show time. You will be able to sit in any seat no one else wanted. 

All other shows are Open Seating (first come first serve)

IMG_3123.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, stinkyharriet said:

You can’t book the Cavern Club or the comedy club.  I think the only show you can make reservations for is Elements in the main theater.  I got off the Joy earlier this month and loved Elements!  Went back a second time (without a reservation) but had the time wrong so only got to see the second half that time.

If you want to see the Beatles show in the Cavern Club, be prepared to line up at least an hour in advance to get a seat.  And you might not get a seat.  On my cruise they were in the main theater twice, no reservations needed.  We had no problem getting seats.  I’m not a huge Beatles fan, they were a little before my time, but I know the music and the shows were fantastic!

Great, thanks for the info!  Do other bands besides the Beatles band play in the Cavern Club?  I thought I read that somewhere.  

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You can book elements 21 days prior to departure. That is the only bookable show. Without reservations, you can go and see Elements by standing in the standby line and being let in 10 minutes before show time. You will be able to sit in any seat no one else wanted. 

All other shows are Open Seating (first come first serve)

IMG_3123.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

Thanks for the info!  I will be sure to book the main theater show.

7 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

Great, thanks for the info!  Do other bands besides the Beatles band play in the Cavern Club?  I thought I read that somewhere.  

When I was on the Joy in 2022 they also had karaoke in there.  I don't recall other bands playing there but they may have (they do on the Bliss).

• Like 1