Sunday 5/26 on ncl JOY nyc to Bermuda Margarita question

Hello Critics:

Sailing this Sunday on JOY R/T NYC Bermuda.. 

it will be our first time on the JOY.. 

We have the standard booze package up to $15 I believe. Is there a particular bar / area to get a good classic margarita? Or is it hit or miss when we belly up to the assortment of bars on the ship.

We are in an inside suite with virtual balcony if that matters.

Anyone just off in the last couple months that may have had a terrific margarita while onboard?

In my head that’s all I’m thinking about to be able to relax and unplug from life for the week. I’m also partial to good mojitos as well..

thanks in advance!!!!

Best,

Mark

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, expectthebest said:

Hello Critics: Sailing this Sunday on JOY R/T NYC Bermuda. It will be our first time on the Joy. We have the standard Premium Beverage Package up to $15 I believe. Is there a particular bar / area to get a good classic margarita? Or is it hit or miss when we patronize the assortment of bars on the ship. We are in an inside suite with virtual balcony if that matters.

Anyone just off in the last couple months that may have had a terrific margarita while onboard?

In my head that’s all I’m thinking about to be able to relax and unplug from life for the week. I’m also partial to good mojitos as well..

wrt margaritas, every bar has the same alcohol, every bar has the same mixers. It all comes down to the bartender. Bartenders work split shifts and sometimes work at multiple bars. And after your first 7 margaritas of the day, even the bartender won't matter. 

You could select a premium tequila if you want. But again, after the first 9 margaritas before lunch, even that won't really matter. 

image.png.83d56754b2f791024dd803c118051bf3.png

wrt Mojitos, you can go to the Sugarcane Mojito bar and start at the top of the menu, work your way down to the bottom, then restart at the top, each day of your cruise. 

image.thumb.png.e20ee52c42b932e5c99efdfdb210896a.png

image.thumb.png.ef1bef723197ca6f0df1e1f00e614e67.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

wrt margaritas, every bar has the same alcohol, every bar has the same mixers. It all comes down to the bartender. Bartenders work split shifts and sometimes work at multiple bars. And after your first 7 margaritas of the day, even the bartender won't matter. 

You could select a premium tequila if you want. But again, after the first 9 margaritas before lunch, even that won't really matter. 

image.png.83d56754b2f791024dd803c118051bf3.png

wrt Mojitos, you can go to the Sugarcane Mojito bar and start at the top of the menu, work your way down to the bottom, then restart at the top, each day of your cruise. 

image.thumb.png.e20ee52c42b932e5c99efdfdb210896a.png

image.thumb.png.ef1bef723197ca6f0df1e1f00e614e67.png

Thank you Bird!!! You always offer the best advice and I value your feedback always. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

OP, Great advice from @BirdTravels about the Mojito Bar!  Work your way through that menu and see what you want to go back for.  It was a favorite for us on the Joy.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise😎

We are goi g to explore the margarita and mojito menus starting on Sunday afternoon… by the time we get to Bermuda I think our group will have the bars figured out 🤣

• Like 1