Giovanni's at Lunch

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

This is probably EXACTLY what I'll be trying when we go. I'm excited to finally try a specialty spot. ( I don't count Playmakers) 

I could say it's a Philly thing but who doesn't like steak and I'm sure people would order a wide range of Italian dishes. FWIW, my wife always got the risotto with her filet and it was good too but I love carbonara.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it and can't beat those lunch deals from Black Friday (pretty sure that's when you purchased it).

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I could say it's a Philly thing but who doesn't like steak and I'm sure people would order a wide range of Italian dishes. FWIW, my wife always got the risotto with her filet and it was good too but I love carbonara.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it and can't beat those lunch deals from Black Friday (pretty sure that's when you purchased it).

It may have even been before that- they had this weird "national lunch day" or national pasta day...something like that... and the lunch prices were just SO low, I think even lower than they were for Black Friday. I couldn't NOT grab it.  Recently there was another good one so I grabbed a Chops lunch for Embarkation day, but just canceled that one because I know the boy just wants Pizza, and since we haven't done Liberty yet, I'll want to stroll around until the room is ready. So Pizza and maybe some WJ for lunch it is! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

It may have even been before that- they had this weird "national lunch day" or national pasta day...something like that... and the lunch prices were just SO low, I think even lower than they were for Black Friday. I couldn't NOT grab it.  Recently there was another good one so I grabbed a Chops lunch for Embarkation day, but just canceled that one because I know the boy just wants Pizza, and since we haven't done Liberty yet, I'll want to stroll around until the room is ready. So Pizza and maybe some WJ for lunch it is! 

We don't book specialty often, and have never done lunch, but we couldn't pass on that deal. It was $18 CAD so we grabbed it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Ah, OK. I think it might have been the same deal as BF, 40% off (that's when I booked our Mason Jar brunches). I was on a cruise for one of those random national whatever day deals in October, so it was possibly that one. A woman was trying to book it onboard at Giovanni's while I was behind her waiting to change our reservation and it was a mess.

I get why you cancelled Chops (and also why you grabbed it of course). I'm already in the minority for enjoying WJ if you get there early on embarkation day. I know lots of people enjoy specialty lunch after boarding but even on ships I've been on before I still enjoy wandering a little and then making the rounds to WJ and other included venues, randomly grabbing a drink, and doing whatever until 1:00 when rooms are ready. I'd rather be settled in before having a huge special meal. You know we don't do a ton of specialty either (and Playmakers counts in my book, lol, I have to pay extra, that's special) so I look forward to those meals!

We're having our anniversary dinner this Sunday at Giovanni's Kitchen (with our first ever D+ BOGO, woohoo) so I have to reel it in when we board and not go nuts in WJ and ELF and wherever before dinner like I normally do (as my wife keeps reminding me).

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We don't book specialty often, and have never done lunch, but we couldn't pass on that deal. It was $18 CAD so we grabbed it.

We also booked it on all of our cruises when it was on sale.  Best decision ever, we have enjoyed it so much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We also booked it on all of our cruises when it was on sale.  Best decision ever, we have enjoyed it so much.

Great to hear! 

• Like 1