When do the papantla flyers perform?

kad56

Has anyone noticed if theres any sort of schedule or timeframe for the Papantla flyers in the port area? I'll need to leave quickly after embarkation for a tour, and I'm wondering if I'll have a chance to see them when I get back. I've noticed in other port that the musicians that greet ships tend to be gone by the end of the day (not the same thing.... but also entertainment).

our last time in CM (January) they were performing when we went through the port area around 8:30A.  But didn't see them when we came back through around 3:30P.

Posted (edited)

I saw a recent blog with a good up to date review of the port and its new area and facilities.

It stated that there wasn’t an actual schedule posted for the flyers, so no start and stop time (probably dependent on how many ships and port hours) but they appeared to perform every hour.

Edited by c-leg5

12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I saw a recent blog with a good up to date review of the port and its new area and facilities.

@c-leg5 Got a link or general directions for it? Will be there next week and just going to walk around the port for a bit then get back on the ship. TIA!

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

@c-leg5 Got a link or general directions for it? Will be there next week and just going to walk around the port for a bit then get back on the ship. TIA!

I have learnt a lot from posters during my 15+ years on CC. 

Unfortunately it has become very difficult to post useful links because although helpful and innocuous in themselves they are often linked to travel sites. Hence the reason I edited my previous post. 

I found it by searching “Papantla schedule Costa Maya”. It is a photo blog with   description of a walk around the port. 

There is also another up-to-date You-tube video that shows the new pool and flow rider although I haven’t seen anything that lists prices for the flow rider anywhere. 

Good idea just to walk around for a couple of hours in my opinion these days. Unfortunately my enthusiasm for Costa Maya has sadly declined.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Unfortunately it has become very difficult to post useful links because although helpful and innocuous in themselves they are often linked to travel sites.

Understood, that's why I asked for "general directions" if you couldn't share a link. Thanks.

I have learnt a lot from posters during my 15+ years on CC. 

Totally get that. I've only become a daily reader/contributor in recent years now that we're able to cruise a bit more often but that's how I learned much of what I know.

Good idea just to walk around for a couple of hours in my opinion these days. Unfortunately my enthusiasm for Costa Maya has sadly declined.

We cruise mostly for the ship and try to do one long excursion plus CocoCay per cruise (just works well for us between personal preference, cost, etc.). Costa Maya quickly becomes a non-excursion port between lack of interest and it's an early departure on our usual Western itinerary. We enjoyed a smaller beach club there many years ago but it's not appealing to us to go to a beach club when all-aboard is 1:30pm.

Thanks for the ongoing Mexican port knowledge. I'll go try to find that blog now.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1