Vancouver transfer to Seattle Airport

ernnnn

Hi!

We have our flight at 16:10 from Seattle, and we are looking for a transfer from Vancouver to the Seattle airport. Will we get there on time if we book the transfer with Princess? Have you used it before. If so, what time does it leave from Vancouver?

Best regards!

We did this 6 years ago, if memory serves me we were in the first groups off the ship but don't remember exactly what time it was. The bus ride is about 3 hours. You can either see the Transfers on your Personalizeer (under Travel) or if you used a TA, contact them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ernnnn said:

Hi!

We have our flight at 16:10 from Seattle, and we are looking for a transfer from Vancouver to the Seattle airport. Will we get there on time if we book the transfer with Princess? Have you used it before. If so, what time does it leave from Vancouver?

Best regards!

We have never used the Princess transfers but know others that have and they made it to their flight in time down at SeaTac but it was tight.  
When buying the transfers, I’m sure they will give you an idea on what time your flight should take depart.  All transportation from Vancouver to Washington state will have to go through Customs and Border Control and that takes anywhere from 40 minutes to a couple of hours, depending on the line up at the border.  If it’s a national holiday (in either Canada or the US) or a three day weekend, it can lengthen the line.  You have to take all your luggage through their scanner and show them your passport.  The luggage then needs to be loaded back on the bus.  I would think the same process goes for the Princess transfers, as well. 
Luckily, our last few times have been around the 45 minute mark.  

There is also a shuttle bus, one we always use as we usually get off at the Bellingham airport instead.  However the bus will continue down to SeaTac and it picks you up at 09:10 from Canada Place and estimates the ride, door to door to be almost 5 hours.  You will get there at 14:00 per their estimation.  Hopefully, that would be enough time for getting to your gate in time.  The shuttle bus is $50 pp USD and you can look it up under QuickCoach.com.  

Having fast track through the screening process will definitely help at SeaTac.  SeaTac does have a SeaSpotSaver app where you can reserve your place in the security line, which may be helpful.  Of course, having a first or business class 
Will also get your through faster if you don’t have global entry, TSA pre-check or Clear.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 2

Quick Shuttle (access at quickcoach.com) , leaves from Canada Place cruise ship level 9:10am, scheduled to arrive SeaTac at 2:00pm, as noted by Cruise Raider.

I've used this fine, fine business several times, very professional, easy to book, easy to find the bus..

Murphy's Law applies at the border and around both cities (and that would affect the Princess transfer as well), but they've always been on schedule for me.

That's what I'd do anyway with a 4:10pm flight out of Seattle.

• Like 2

I had booked this transfer for a cruise this September. I haven't taken the transfer, so all I can give you is what Princess told me.

The following information is extracted from my Princess Travel Summary:

"Please note: Passengers making their own air arrangements out of Seattle must depart no earlier than 4:00 P.M."  Note that this was for a cruise scheduled to arrive in Vancouver at 7:30am.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, walkingsoon said:

Quick Shuttle (access at quickcoach.com) , leaves from Canada Place cruise ship level 9:10am, scheduled to arrive SeaTac at 2:00pm, as noted by Cruise Raider.

I've used this fine, fine business several times, very professional, easy to book, easy to find the bus..

Murphy's Law applies at the border and around both cities (and that would affect the Princess transfer as well), but they've always been on schedule for me.

That's what I'd do anyway with a 4:10pm flight out of Seattle.

The problem with Quick Shuttle is that you are not assured to be the first ones to disembark, but using Princess shuttle you are going to be one of the first ones as you have a shuttle. And for the day I'm arriving to Vancouver, the price is $50 each, so not big difference with Princess shuttle.

I had the next one to get to Seattle, but then Alaska Airlines changed our flight to an earlier one, so I had to get to the airport much earlier than expected. let's see if Quick Shuttle refund me the money as the shuld.

By the way, Alaska Airlines changed my flight and they didn't send me anything regarding this. I heard about the change as I had a look to the prices to see if thay have increased or not, and I noticed my flight wasn't there anymore. Is this a common procedure?