Rooming with newbie question

Hw4

My cabin mate will be a newbie to O. Can I bring her to the returnee's cocktail party? Can she bring me to the new to O party? Thanks all!

Of course, the Captain's Party is public and open to all. It will be widely publicized. But the Repeater Party will be by invitation only, by your door. They didn't have a Newby Party on Riviera 12/2021 so I've never gone to one, but I assume it, too, will be by invitation, by your door. The invitation should show who is being invited. I'd say stick to what the invitation says.

2 hours ago, Hw4 said:

My cabin mate will be a newbie to O. Can I bring her to the returnee's cocktail party? Can she bring me to the new to O party? Thanks all!

Yes and yes!

There is no need to ‘show’ your invitation card. Just walk in and enjoy!

@Hw4

Consider your roommate your guest and go and Enjoy.  Same for you going with roommate to a Newbies party, if there is one. We have had Newby friends on Vista in October invited to a party so I expect if there is a significant number of First Timers, there will be a party for them,besides O is committed to adding more cruisers to its rolls, because they have an over abundance of brochures in the warehouse and need to ship them out. OK, just joking 🤪👍
No one is checking your Invitation so do not worry about it. If we have friends traveling with us and we get an Invite and they did not, we bring them along with us. 
Mauibabes

20 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

... No one is checking your Invitation so do not worry about it....

No wonder NO one follows any rules, whether pool/lounge chairs or alcohol consumption or more.

I do remember handing my invitation to the crew outside a lounge. And also at least showing it. But that's at 3 different repeater parties for us since 12/2021.

Do you encourage people who bring their own alcohol to just put it in a container so no one can see into and then just go out and about drinking? I doubt it. But I enjoy the privilege bringing my own alcohol on board and drinking it in my cabin as well as FREE alcohol at the Repeater Party. Hate to see either taken away. 😞

OK, 30 lashes!

I too appreciate being able to bring some wine or alcohol aboard and pay my corkage fee or drink in my room. It is a privilege and do not want to lose it so we always discourage anyone from sneaking that glass if wine.
 When it comes to bringing a friend along to a ship cocktail party, I do not consider it anywhere near the same thing, just sharing some of Oceania’s largesse with others and letting them know what awaits them when they sail on O. If I have had 2 or 3 friends on the cruise, I will usually stop bye the Oceania Club Ambassadors Office and ask about bringing a friend along to the party and they have always told me to bring them along. Maybe there is a benefit in being at the Platinum level 😇👍. I don’t camp out on a pool lounge either.

Hope I can be “forgiven” for my indiscretion but I do like to share the O wealth.🍹🙏🤪

Enjoy your cruise and we will enjoy ours. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

No wonder NO one follows any rules, whether pool/lounge chairs or alcohol consumption or more.

I do remember handing my invitation to the crew outside a lounge. And also at least showing it. But that's at 3 different repeater parties for us since 12/2021.

Do you encourage people who bring their own alcohol to just put it in a container so no one can see into and then just go out and about drinking? I doubt it. But I enjoy the privilege bringing my own alcohol on board and drinking it in my cabin as well as FREE alcohol at the Repeater Party. Hate to see either taken away. 😞

In all fairness the policy says you can only bring on 6 bottles of wine, yet we know that's not enforced. BUT, it is the rule. So, at what point do we decide what rules we should follow and what ones to break?  From your past posts we all know that you bring on beer & hard spirits. I do also.  I've never been to a newbie party, but I have been to multiple repeater parties on the same cruise, sometimes invited more than once, sometimes not. But once again, they really don't care. I agree with Mauibabes. To me this falls in the same category as the bringing booze onboard policy. Of course others might decide that reserving a lounger is ok. We all have to decide what we're ok with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, ORV said:

... We all have to decide what we're ok with. 

And all I said was this:

"The invitation should show who is being invited. I'd say stick to what the invitation says."

But if anyone on board had any questions about the invitation in light of their situation, they could certainly ask at the Reception Desk or the CD or someone like that for clarification.

In 18 cruises on all the R and O class ships, we have never been asked to show our invitation to a repeater party.  As for the newbie party, we've waltzed into a couple of those over the years for a free drink when Martinis was full.  

Of course, as they say in stockbroker ads: "Past performance does not guarantee future results."

Just dress and act like you belong; you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Oh, I feel so exonerated 😇🙏 Maybe I have to take the 30 lashes 🤪. I ask the O Club Ambassador because it is their and GM’s party and GM is paying the bill for those ill gotten drinks and appetizers consumed by the “unofficial” guests. To me, ANY Free drink is a good drink and O pours a lot of them. When we have been invited to dine with or invited one of them to dine with us, the Senior Staffer, CD, Club Ambassador or others, they have always “bought” the wine 🍷🥂

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 2