Dining Room Menus by night

Hello,

We are sailing for the first time on HAL. We are on the 7 night Norse Legends cruise out of Rotterdam on the Rotterdam. Very excited. We are trying to decide on what nights to book specialty restaurants.  Does anyone have copies/pictures of the nightly menus?  Recommendations on specialty restaurants?

Thank you in advance!

If you post a simplified itinerary, somebody might make a guess at your Gala (Dressy) nights. If that has relevance to you. Some don't want to miss the "special" foods in MDR; others like us who do not eat (say) shellfish, may want to book specialty restaurants ON the Gala nights.

Specialty restaurant menus can be found here, by CC member @Crew News

https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-specialty-restaurant-menus/

We enjoy Tamarind's atmosphere best, but find more variety of foods we like at Canaletto. We only eat at Pinnacle Grill with the complimentary dinner if we have HIA.

• Like 1

My cruise on the Rotterdam April 2025 is too far out to have any of the MDR menus on the app. It’s a 7 night itinerary: one sea day, 4 port days, one sea day. So I assume the Gala nights will be night 2 and 6. Is this correct?

Also, I don’t want to make a thread to ask this question but anyone that’s had the MDR lasagna, does it have ricotta in it? The description doesn’t say so but I need to confirm that for DH who won’t eat lasagna with ricotta in it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, tigervixxxen said:

My cruise on the Rotterdam April 2025 is too far out to have any of the MDR menus on the app. It’s a 7 night itinerary: one sea day, 4 port days, one sea day. So I assume the Gala nights will be night 2 and 6. Is this correct?

Can't help with the ricotta question, but historically the last night onboard was never Gala, because people would have to have packed their tuxedos and gowns. Is the last port day an early all-aboard? That's where I would expect it. Day 2 almost certainly.

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Can't help with the ricotta question, but historically the last night onboard was never Gala, because people would have to have packed their tuxedos and gowns. Is the last port day an early all-aboard? That's where I would expect it. Day 2 almost certainly.

Thanks but no, it’s a late departure, 8 p.m.

17 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

Thanks but no, it’s a late departure, 8 p.m.

Well, do post if the last night is Dressy! maybe HAL will admit that no one is bringing outfits that need a separate suitcase for (formerly) Gala night.

12 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

Also, I don’t want to make a thread to ask this question but anyone that’s had the MDR lasagna, does it have ricotta in it? The description doesn’t say so but I need to confirm that for DH who won’t eat lasagna with ricotta in it. Thanks!

We were on the Noordam for 38 days earlier this year.  I had the lasagna several times.  It was very good.  I could not tell what was in the white cheese filling.  I have made lasagna with cottage cheese, so it is possible HAL's recipe does not have ricotta.   

19 minutes ago, WisRiver said:

We were on the Noordam for 38 days earlier this year.  I had the lasagna several times.  It was very good.  I could not tell what was in the white cheese filling.  I have made lasagna with cottage cheese, so it is possible HAL's recipe does not have ricotta.   

Anything other than mozzarella is a no go for him so sounds like it’s not going to work, thanks for the info! 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

I have checked my extensive HAL recipes and can confirm that the lasagna does include ricotta cheese in the filling sauce.

"1.  Place the milk in a pan add the studded onions and bring the milk to the boil.

2.   Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour until a roux is formed. Cooked out for 10 minutes without burning

3.   Slowly add the milk until a thick sauce has been obtained and stir in the ricotta cheese. Add the nutmeg."

Edited by Crew News