Balcony Room For Three

Hi,

will be on Adventure of Seas in a few weeks.  Three of us and we were just assigned our balcony room, as we had purchased a balcony guaranty.  Looking at the deck plan, our assigned room does not have a “triangle” or “asterisk” indicating it sleeps up to 3 or 4, respectively.  Should I be concerned our room only sleeps 2, or does the deck plan map not accurately reflect all of the rooms that sleep 3 or 4?  Or, is RC expecting our 3rd to sleep on a couch?

Thanks!

A travel agent can provide better details if they look at your cabin # in the TA portal.  

Absent of having a travel agent call Royal and inquire with them.  

7 hours ago, Petrel said:

Hi,

will be on Adventure of Seas in a few weeks.  Three of us and we were just assigned our balcony room, as we had purchased a balcony guaranty.  Looking at the deck plan, our assigned room does not have a “triangle” or “asterisk” indicating it sleeps up to 3 or 4, respectively.  Should I be concerned our room only sleeps 2, or does the deck plan map not accurately reflect all of the rooms that sleep 3 or 4?  Or, is RC expecting our 3rd to sleep on a couch?

Thanks!

Hmm. There is another recent thread reporting the same situation. Here's the link if you want to read it:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Petrel said:

Hi,

Thanks!

Royal has converted many rooms that were previously  double occupancy into triple occupancy staterooms and they just make the couch into a bed.  It does not pullout like a sofa bed.

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has converted many rooms that were previously  double occupancy into triple occupancy staterooms and they just make the couch into a bed.  It does not pullout like a sofa bed.

The couch is turned into a bed? I can't lie out straight on the couches and I'm not even that tall.

How does RCI handle the increased capacity? Do they leave other cabins empty?

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The couch is turned into a bed? I can't lie out straight on the couches and I'm not even that tall.

How does RCI handle the increased capacity? Do they leave other cabins empty?

There was excess capacity and there end up being a lot of quad cabins that didn't get booked to full capacity.

I am very leery of booking anyone into a triple that is only available as a triple unless the third is a child.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For our cabin on allure next week (see above linked thread), Rccl insists our balcony stated for 2 pp has a sleeper chair   It only sleeps one person.

1 hour ago, keishashadow said:

For our cabin on allure next week (see above linked thread), Rccl insists our balcony stated for 2 pp has a sleeper chair   It only sleeps one person.

I'd rather a couch than one of those chairs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The couch or chair is really only for a small child.  If I problem, I would upgrade asap.

But why should they have to upgrade? If Royal sold them a Balcony GTY for 3 people then that's what they should get, not some hastily adapted two-berth cabin that may not provide suitable sleeping arrangements for the 3rd person.

• Like 5

We were a bit hampered as not being officially assigned until last week 

Annoyingly, told if we had a cabin assigned would probably have been able to switch to a higher category with 4 berths

we rolled the dice for the first time, GD was good with a sofa bed.  The last one she had on Indy looked more to be a love bed size, thinking it may have been considered a chair as cabin max was 3 pp

granted, mattress awfully thin & uncomfy to point where she (short & light enough) angled & slept sideways to avoid the bars. 

to her credit not a single complaint about it!   In that vein, there will be none from us either…as long as there is some sort of berth for her  

a Q tho, never requested one in the past, are mattress egg shell requests an option?   If not might bring a blow up

Pool sort of air mattress along to see if it helps 

I called RC today and was told that my cabin has a sofa bed.  I’m still confused why the Deck Plan does not reflect the room being able to sleep at least 3, but hopefully their info was accurate.  Guess we’ll find out in a few weeks.

• Like 1