Single cabin Rotterdam?

The single cabins started with the first Pinnacle Ship (Koningsdam) and are now included on Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam. They are all on deck 1 forward and vary in size. Photos of several can be found at https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/

I have been in 1012 on all three ships. It is convenient to all the entertainment venues and not a terrible walk aft to dining options. I haven't been bothered by noise from the main stage, although some may have been.

When Koningsdam first joined the fleet prices for these cabins were very good. However, because of demand the price has increased and is sometimes not much lower than going in a regular oceanview as a solo.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, saltshell said:

Anyone have info on this cabin. My PCC has never offered it, and I was unaware that it existed.  I usually travel solo.

It appears that cabins 1002, 1006, 1008, 1012, 1014, 1018 and odd numbers from 1001 to 1011 are solo OVs. Here are two videos -- of the smallest 1001 and the largest 1018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvMeQooeJ1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdTqmeAs_GU

9 minutes ago, saltshell said:

Thanks Crystalspin. Doesn't look bad; wonder why it's  never been suggested as an option. 

One trick is that when you look at a cruise, the default number of passengers is always 2.  The first thing you must do is change the number of passengers to one.  They are also quite popular and if you do not look early they may be sold out.  Finally, as @richwmn said, there is supply and demand involved so they may actually be more expensive than solo occupancy of a double cabin.

Roy

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The first thing you must do is change the number of passengers to one.  They are also quite popular and if you do not look early they may be sold out. 

5 hours ago, saltshell said:

rafinmd, I booked very early with my PCC. PCC never mentioned the option.  I live and learn.

Like @rafinmd mentioned, the single cabins ( similar to HC cabins ), sell out quickly. There might not have been any available when you booked.

This cruise on Rotterdam already shows that the solo cabins are sold out.

21-DAY PANAMA CANAL & SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN: ABC ISLANDS
Sun, March 1 - Sun, March 22 2026

• 1 month later...

I've booked a solo cabin for March 7th sailing out of Ft Lauderdale.  This will be my first solo cabin. Usually travel alone in regular cabin,  I would give it a go and see how it works out. 

I inquired about a solo cabin on the Rotterdam and it was more expensive than a standard interior. I saved $1000 by choosing the interior, which I later upgraded to an ocean view for $200. I had a solo cabin on the Prinsendam and that was a lovely room with a larger-than-twin bed. At that time the price wasn’t more than a standard.