Liquor store at San Juan port ?

OK, one ( I promise ) more question about this so I can know in my head what I will want to do. If we should happen to be leaving from pier 2 ( Serenade on April 8th) where there is NO liquor store, is it a far walk to terminal 1, Pan Am terminal? Thanks, Karen

OK, one ( I promise ) more question about this so I can know in my head what I will want to do. If we should happen to be leaving from pier 2 ( Serenade on April 8th) where there is NO liquor store, is it a far walk to terminal 1, Pan Am terminal? Thanks, Karen

It's about 100 yards

We will be arriving in San Juan, on the Jewel of the Seas, does this info regarding Terminal 1 and 2 still apply? I am sorry if that is a dumb question, just wasn't sure if the cruise that originate from San Juan are at the same place as the ships 'visiting' - so, if it is the same place, I can assume that we can purchase some items and them bring them back on the ship, as long as we are not obvious about it? Am I assuming correctly? We are a group of 7, on an 8 day cruise, and we like our Coors Light. We aren't cheap by any means, we would just like some 'comfort' in our cabins for those warm nights on our balcony! Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We will be arriving in San Juan, on the Jewel of the Seas, does this info regarding Terminal 1 and 2 still apply? I am sorry if that is a dumb question, just wasn't sure if the cruise that originate from San Juan are at the same place as the ships 'visiting' - so, if it is the same place, I can assume that we can purchase some items and them bring them back on the ship, as long as we are not obvious about it? Am I assuming correctly? We are a group of 7, on an 8 day cruise, and we like our Coors Light. We aren't cheap by any means, we would just like some 'comfort' in our cabins for those warm nights on our balcony! Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Most ships just "visiting" usually dock at the Old San Juan pier. This is not the same place as the Pan Am Pier. I know there used to be a liquor store at that pier, but I am not sure if it is still there.

Not sure, but if San Juan is just one of your ports and you are only visiting, you will probably be scanned as you enter the ship. This is different than embarking from San Juan, where you are scanned in the terminal building. You wouldn't think it would make a difference, but the ship security might be stricter than the San Juan Port Authority

We were just at The Pan American Pier#1 on 3-22-06 (NCL Dawn) and purchased Rum, Scotch Whiskey. Prices were excellent. Store is called SMT PR, Inc. They do accept credit cards !!! This is inside the Terminal. You will be searched when boarding the Ship. If you walk out of the Terminal you will run into a vendor selling Gucci, coach handbags at excellent prices also !!!!

We are discussing carry on luggage at San Juan terminals. Many have reported (us included) that you can carry on liqour in your carry-on luggage. For sure at the Pan American pier when embarking on the AOS They scanned our carry-ons, but did not confiscate. There is a duty free store in terminal one.

Then the question is now: what if your ship is visiting San Juan, vs embarking from San Juan?

Archived