Qaqortoq update

Posted (edited)

I have posted on three different threads, updates on Qaqortoq should anyone be interested.  This the only way I can think of to alert members to them as there are too many individual posts on each to "quote" alerts  and not everyone is following either.Updates on these threads.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2812546-qaqortoq-greenland/page/3/#comment-67724260

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2996696-currency-in-greenland/#comment-67724298

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3018170-nanortalik-and-qaqortoq-greenland/page/2/#comment-67724218

Edited by edinburgher

17 hours ago, High C's said:

Huge thank you for posting this.

I was unsure whether or not to post, but for some making their first call at some point, and who have read past threads, I thought that they should be aware of some changes since those past threads and posts were written. Pleased you found it informative/helpful and thank you for acknowledging as many don't😀

• Like 2

Edinburgher, appreciate your posts!  First trip to Iceland/Greenland and was getting disappointed about the ice situation - recent posts are encouraging.  Will be boarding Celebrity Eclipse on August 16.

12 hours ago, CTSandy said:

First trip to Iceland/Greenland and was getting disappointed about the ice situation

It appears that the ice has melted sufficiently to enable port calls so hopefully you will be OK.😀

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CTSandy said:

Edinburgher, appreciate your posts!  First trip to Iceland/Greenland and was getting disappointed about the ice situation - recent posts are encouraging.  Will be boarding Celebrity Eclipse on August 16.

We are with you on the Eclipes and I have been watching the ice situation too. As Edinburgher said, the situation has been improving the past few weeks since the winds finally shifted back into their normal pattern for the summer raising temps and pushing the ice away from the land mass.  Lets hope it continues.  Cruisemappers shows ships making port and also being able to cruise Prinz Christian Sund.  

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 2:48 PM, Mr. Click said:

also being able to cruise Prinz Christian Sund

Friend currently onboard Volendam (the one who sent the Misc Qaqortoq updates)  sailed through  PK/C Sund a few days ago.

• 3 weeks later...