Price Drop

I need advice on how to do this. I just checked the RCCL website and the balcony cabins like the one I booked a month ago has dropped $700.00 pp. I booked directly through RCCL. Do I call them about adjusting rate or am I just stuck paying the extra money??? Please let me know, thanks in advance for all of your help:)

I need advice on how to do this. I just checked the RCCL website and the balcony cabins like the one I booked a month ago has dropped $700.00 pp. I booked directly through RCCL. Do I call them about adjusting rate or am I just stuck paying the extra money??? Please let me know, thanks in advance for all of your help:)

Call them ASAP. They are very nice so don't be afraid. They will make the price adjustment. If you have already paid in full they will put a credit to your cabin.

Just call Royal Caribbean and tell the rep that you say that the price went down. (don't tell what the price is, sometimes their computers show an even lower price, if their's isn't lower tell what the price you saw)and ask for an adjustment. Let me know how it worked out.

Lisa

Call them ASAP. They are very nice so don't be afraid. They will make the price adjustment. If you have already paid in full they will put a credit to your cabin.

Wow, thanks for the quick response!!! I appreciate it so much, I'll call right now:D Have a good weekend.

I just got an adjustment AFTER I had paid in full and it was credited back to my credit card, not given as a cabin credit.

Either way is fine by me! :D

I just got an adjustment AFTER I had paid in full and it was credited back to my credit card, not given as a cabin credit.

Either way is fine by me! :D

Either way is fine with me as well, I'm not sure if they credited my credit card or gave me a cabin credit, but thanks to you wonderful people at CruiseCritic, I saved a total of $1,840.00 on my 2 cabins. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!:D :D :D

Either way is fine with me as well, I'm not sure if they credited my credit card or gave me a cabin credit, but thanks to you wonderful people at CruiseCritic, I saved a total of $1,840.00 on my 2 cabins. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!:D :D :D

Could you please post the name of the ship and date you are sailing so other CC's on here can also check to get the discount?

Thanks

I didn't book my cruise through RCCL..I went through a TA. Should I call my TA or RCCL to see if the price has come down on my cruise. We are leaving May 7th on the Explorer for a 5 night cruise. Thank You for any info that you can give me.

Go to www.rccl.com and make like you want to book a cruise. Go as far as picking a cabin and you will see the price of it. If it is less, call your TA.

Your TA has to make the call to RCCL.

Could you please post the name of the ship and date you are sailing so other CC's on here can also check to get the discount?

Thanks

Oh sure, sorry I didn't do that in the first place. I'm on the 6/11/06 sailing of the Freedom. As you cruisers that are already booked on the Freedom know these cabins were going at a top $$$$$, so I was pleased to save the extra cash, this will pay for our airfare from Oklahoma to Miami!!!

Oh sure, sorry I didn't do that in the first place. I'm on the 6/11/06 sailing of the Freedom. As you cruisers that are already booked on the Freedom know these cabins were going at a top $$$$$, so I was pleased to save the extra cash, this will pay for our airfare from Oklahoma to Miami!!!

I have a feeling you may have just made a lot of CC's very happy on here. ;) :D The RCCL website is probably real busy right now.

I'm on the Inaugural and notice last week (after final payment) that my cabin dropped by $1000 over what I had paid (more if people had booked even later than I did). One call to the TA, and it was credited back within a day.

That's allotta bloody marys! :)

Tracy

I still keep checking, and no such luck for me:mad: we have two cabins/6people and all i got was a $50.00 per room (not pp) onboard credit from my TA. Maybe because we are going in July???

I am always amazed at such huge price drops to fill a ship. I would think that they money they are refunding would make it better to sail with the 'empty' cabins at higher rates than lower to fill and then refund.

Well congrats to you all.

Wait a minute... I just looked up that sailing to see what it went down to. The balcony for june 11 on freedom is listed at 1,909( or close..I saw 1,9.. and that was enough...lol!) This is the price drop? it was 700 more than this?

I still keep checking, and no such luck for me:mad: we have two cabins/6people and all i got was a $50.00 per room (not pp) onboard credit from my TA. Maybe because we are going in July???

Same here Denred. We have two D2 balconies and one Promenade cabin on the Aug. 6 Freedom sailing. After reading the board this morning I checked RCCL's website, noticed a slight price reduction in the Promenade cabin price, called RCCL and sure enough, the Promenade cabin dropped by $50. Last August my friends paid $1525 for that Promenade cabin and now the price is $1475. When I called RCCL the salesperson immediately changed the balance due and sent a confirmation email to my friends. Of course our two balcony cabins have not budged, but I'll just rest comfortably until after the deadline for final payment has passed at the end of May, when I'll make a "newsomes" out of myself checking online and needling RCCL weekly until the day we board. I figure as long as RCCL's website still shows prices for all categories of cabins our cruise has not yet sold out and we have a chance for additional price reductions. I can only hope.

Wait a minute... I just looked up that sailing to see what it went down to. The balcony for june 11 on freedom is listed at 1,909( or close..I saw 1,9.. and that was enough...lol!) This is the price drop? it was 700 more than this?

Well actually for our D1 it was $2,769.00 pp, so that's why I was thrilled with the 700.00 price drop pp. Like I said these cabins are going for top dollar. But, we're celebrating our 25th anniversary and our son's graduation from high school Would have preferred to have taken another less expensive cruise, but our son had to leave after June 10th and his friend will be leaving for either West Point or the Naval Academy June 26th so we were in kind of a tight time frame, and this was the cruise that fit our timetable.

No wonder we cruise in January....wow what a price difference from that time period. And we caught some great deals for Oct so we are trying it that time of year instead of January. Well enjoy the savings and happy cruising!

This thread reminds me of the thread from a couple of weeks ago where the OP complained about the rediculously high price of sailing on Freedom. Other posters quoted supply and demand saying that as long as cruisers were willing to pay the prices, RCI was going to charge them. And they were happy to have the opportunity to sail this new mega ship. :eek:

Well, it looks like more people were realizing how over priced Freedom was. And so they were beginning to cancel in the same large droves as the droves that originally signed up. So RCI has had to bring the price of sailing on the Freedom to a more reasonable level.

So apparantly supply and demand really does work. As long as consumers are smart enough to "not shop" when prices are too high. ;) :D

Our sailing is almost sold out--no drops for us. 12-03-06 Freedom :(

I just checked, and we still paid less for our D1 than the E2 is going for!

Who cares! We are going anyway......the money will be spent one way or another :o

Our sailing is almost sold out--no drops for us. 12-03-06 Freedom :(

I just checked, and we still paid less for our D1 than the E2 is going for!

Who cares! We are going anyway......the money will be spent one way or another :o

It is still early for a Dec. sailing price drop. Come late summer/early fall - and close to time for final payments - if there are multiple cancellations then the price will drop to encourage re-bookings.

I'm really envious that everyone seems to get price reductions. I booked through a TA and found the same cabin and ship to be $200 cheaper if I had directly booked it through Norwegian. My TA says they cannot get me the discount because it was a special. Well, it doesn't look like a special to me since it's been that way since they advertised the trip.

I'll never go through a TA again. I asked for a quote to take my daughter - never called me back. I asked for insurance to be taken off - they never did it. They were supposed to call me when my final payment was due - they never did. It hasn't been pleasant and I paid $200 more for this type of service.

Wish I had booked directly.

No such luck here...I just checked the prices for the Freedom for our sailing on July 16, 2006 and the prices have gone up since I booked. Our balcony room is now going for over $900 more than when we booked it (total amount for 2 people in the room), and our Promenade view room is going for over $400 more (also the total for 2 people in the room). I'm so glad that I booked this trip almost a year in advance!

Holly

Archived