Price Drop

I'm really envious that everyone seems to get price reductions. I booked through a TA and found the same cabin and ship to be $200 cheaper if I had directly booked it through Norwegian. My TA says they cannot get me the discount because it was a special. Well, it doesn't look like a special to me since it's been that way since they advertised the trip.

I'll never go through a TA again. I asked for a quote to take my daughter - never called me back. I asked for insurance to be taken off - they never did it. They were supposed to call me when my final payment was due - they never did. It hasn't been pleasant and I paid $200 more for this type of service.

Wish I had booked directly.

Michelle,

You've got a bad TA. (although I am sure I am not telling you something you do not already know) Our TA has assisted us in taking advatage of two price drops in our cabin as well as two reductions in our kids' cabin on the AOS in June for a savings of almost $1,600 We're still nine weeks away from our sailing and hoping RCCL hasn't stopped lowering our price yet!

BTW our TA could not have been more helpful or pleasant in helping us receive the lower prices.

Good luck.

Fred

Other posters quoted supply and demand saying that as long as cruisers were willing to pay the prices, RCI was going to charge them. And they were happy to have the opportunity to sail this new mega ship. :eek:

Well, it looks like more people were realizing how over priced Freedom was. And so they were beginning to cancel in the same large droves as the droves that originally signed up. So RCI has had to bring the price of sailing on the Freedom to a more reasonable level.

It's still close to double the standard rates. I don't think RCI is crying in their coffee just yet. :)

And yes, I am one of those who is very happy to be sailing this new mega ship! Even happier than it is going to cost less than I had planned for.

Tracy

It's still close to double the standard rates. I don't think RCI is crying in their coffee just yet. :)

And yes, I am one of those who is very happy to be sailing this new mega ship! Even happier than it is going to cost less than I had planned for.

Tracy

I agree. I think RCI will indeed make $$ off of Freedom.

My point was just that I found it amusing to hear about the price cuts so soon after all the comments that were made on the other thread.

Those comments implying that Freedom was somehow so special that people would pay any overly expensive amount for the honor of sailing her. And now we hear that RCI is needing to drop rates to fill the ship. My guess would be that the early sailings (those having final payments come due here soon) are the first to experience the cancellations necessitating the price drops . We may well see more drops as final payment dates for future sailings come due. People will get caught up in initial hype and book the crazy rates. But when it comes time to actually pay out that overly expensive amount many come to their senses and book something more reasonable. And those cancellations are what will bring the price on Freedom more in line.

No wonder we cruise in January....wow what a price difference from that time period. And we caught some great deals for Oct so we are trying it that time of year instead of January. Well enjoy the savings and happy cruising!

Thanks, as you probably read in my earlier post, we're going in June to celebrate our son's high school graduation, but.......after August, we will be empty nesters!!!! I must admit I'm a little excited about my husband and I being able to plan trips and such during the off season and not have to worry about our son's school schedule. So maybe sometime soon you'll see me on that October or January cruise!!!!:D

We live in a suburb of OKC, how about you? As you can tell by my signature we also will soon be empty nesters. My son is also a senior, graduating this year. Congratulations on your price drop and enjoy your cruise!

Marie,

First of all I like your user name:) !!! We live in Enid, our son has been offered quit a few scholarships at OSU, which is great with my husband, he's an alumni, so I think he's off to Stillwater. I was just so afraid he was going to leave state. Since he's our one and only I just didn't want him too far from home.

Our ds is staying here in Edmond and attending UCO. Even though he is only 10 minutes from home, he'll be staying in the dorms. I could barely take the thought of ds at OU or OSU...too far, lol. You should join us on our Rhapsody cruise. The prices keep falling for this one :).

Marie

does anyone know where i can see if the price for my cruise dropped. I cant check online anymore since the particular room I have is sold out (N/A). I am on the Dec 16 on GRandeur in an Owners suite. any suggestions? or should I just call

Thanks

does anyone know where i can see if the price for my cruise dropped. I cant check online anymore since the particular room I have is sold out (N/A). I am on the Dec 16 on GRandeur in an Owners suite. any suggestions? or should I just call

Thanks

I'm guessing that since your category is already sold out there won't be a price drop? Did you book directly with RCI? If so, why don't you give them a call. Anyone else have any input?

Marie

Our ds is staying here in Edmond and attending UCO. Even though he is only 10 minutes from home, he'll be staying in the dorms. I could barely take the thought of ds at OU or OSU...too far, lol. You should join us on our Rhapsody cruise. The prices keep falling for this one :).

Marie

Thanks Marie, I'll have to check the October cruise out. I have a friend here in Enid that her two sons attended UCO and her youngest that's graduating this year is attending there as well, I understand it's a real good school. Marie, I am thrilled our ds is going to Stillwater, he was looking at schools in Ohio and Maryland!!! Just wanting to spread his wings I guess. But OSU has made him offers that he cannot refuse. I'll let you know if we decide anything on the October cruise. :)

I can only imagine the panic you were feeling at Ohio or Maryland. It's wonderful he has such scholarship opportunities. Please do let me know if you decide you need an empty nester cruise :). The Rhapsody will pale in comparison to the new Freedom. We have previously sailed on the Rhapsody in 2004. It was fairly underwhelming, but in all fairness I had just two weeks prior come off the Mariner. The Mariner is a beautiful ship.

Marie

You guys make me wonder why I didn't get a price reduction when I called my TA. The price of my cruise went down $200. My TA tried to convince me that NCL was only offering a internet special. Well - this has been the internet special since they offered the trip. For some reason it was $200 more when I booked it through my TA who has done absolutely nothing. She never returns my calls and never reminded me that my final payment was due. Is there anything I can do like you guys did????

I've never cruised on NCL so I am not familiar with their pricing policies. Maybe someone else will know. When do you sail? It sounds like you've already made final payment, so I have a feeling, based on what you have shared about your TA that there is not a whole lot you can do at this point except not to use her again.

Marie

Archived