Radiance Class Ships - AFt cabins & Elevator Hump cabins

Tyrkitty

Has anyone stayed in 7172, or 8168? If so does the balcony wrap at all to the port side of the ship. Also, feedback on the other aft cabins on these ships would be helpfull. I guess since the ship has a sloped back you can't look right down to the water, but would have a great view of the wake in the distance.

Also, any feedback from anyone who has stayed in 7092, 7094, 7188, 8086, 8088, 8102, 8104, 9076, 9078, 9092, 9094. These are the cabins either side of the outside elevator. Did you like them - any noise from the elevators or fellow passenger's boarding the elevators?

If anyone has pictures of views from any of these cabins please let me know.

Can you tell I'm trying to get ready to book a cruise on RCL? I just love these message boards!:)

We are booked on the Radiance in cabin 8088 next to the elevator for our Alaska cruise in September. I asked for and received links to photos of the balcony in that cabin. It is 120 square feet (compared to 40 for a normal balcony!). We purposely booked that cabin so we could have the extra large balcony. From what other posters said, the room is not noisy and the wall next to the elevator side is solid. Since it curves out, you see forward but have to lean over the rail to see towards the back of the ship. I can't wait!

Can anyone tell me if the balconies on the forward cabins deck 7 are larger than the ones on 8,9,and 10. It looks that way on the deck plans. I want to be able to look down at the water. If anyone has stayed forward on deck 7, I would love to hear how it was.

• 7 months later...

I have booked an aft 7676 on the Radiance in May...On the deck plans the balconies look deeper than the ones on the ends...is that true? Do the decks on the corner port aft's wrap around? If so, I might want to watch to see if they open up....

Can anyone tell me if the balconies on the forward cabins deck 7 are larger than the ones on 8,9,and 10. It looks that way on the deck plans. I want to be able to look down at the water. If anyone has stayed forward on deck 7, I would love to hear how it was.

Have you already sailed? I just saw that the last post was from April....

Haven't been on the Radiance yet, but was on the Serenade last month. The Aft balconies are deeper - also I got the answer to my question about the forward balconies on deck 7 and they are also deeper. We lucked out and got 9256 for next year and it does wrap somewhat. Here is a great picture I found on the internet you can see your balcony. It is one of the Radiance class ships and they are all pretty much the same. Really excited about Alaska next year on the Radiance after experiencing the Serenade.aftwcabins.jpg

Haven't been on the Radiance yet, but was on the Serenade last month. The Aft balconies are deeper - also I got the answer to my question about the forward balconies on deck 7 and they are also deeper. We lucked out and got 9256 for next year and it does wrap somewhat. Here is a great picture I found on the internet you can see your balcony. It is one of the Radiance class ships and they are all pretty much the same. Really excited about Alaska next year on the Radiance after experiencing the Serenade.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the photo! I printed it and put it in my file....It really shows the differences and congrats on securing 9256!

How was the Serenade? Any tips on cabins there? I would like to book her repo in 2008.

From all of my research the Radiance and the Serenade are practically identical. The Serenade had glass shower doors and I believe the Radiance still has curtains. I have learned on these boards that the Brilliance, Jewel, Serenade and Radiance are pretty much identical in layout. There is a thread somewhere that spells out the few differences. If I find it I will post the link. As I said when I posted the picture I'm not really sure whick of the 4 ships this is, but I believe all the aft balconies are the same. I was on a short 5 night cruise from San Diego to Cabo on the Serenade last month and we lucked out with a family Oceanview cabin designed for 5 people for just the two of us. Someone must have backed out last minute and we grabbed it on the spur of the moment. Really enjoyed the Solarium and also spent a lot of time up by the Rock Wall. My daughter climbed it and I was a spectator.

Couldn't find the comparison thread, but I know there was discussion about some of the suites on the hump deck 10 - Just checked the deck plans and the two newer ships Jewel and Serenade are slightly different on the hump deck 10 (the suites) Art work is probably different on the 4 different ships, but as far as I have read the layouts are pretty much the same. I'm sure our D1 cabin will seem small after being in the Family Oceanview, but am thrilled by our balcony. The first thing I did on the Serenade was look down at the aft balconies from The Windjammer to check out the sizes.

• 1 month later...

I don't have my brochure with me and I can't remember our cabin # from last year. But it was on the 7th floor on the "hump" on the right side (opposite the elevators).

We never heard any atrium or elevator noise. It was a superb cabin!

We've had this cabin twice. Once on both the Radiance and the Jewel. It is by far the best location of any we've had. Right in the center of the hump and opposite the elevators. No noise whatsoever. We have booked in a similar location on the Explorer. In our opinion it's just about perfect. The only cabin better would be the Royal Suite.

We sailed on the Radiance in November 2006.This was our first time in an Aft cabin.Cabin was 7674,the aft balcony was large,but the aft cabin area,looked like a tramp steamer!!She needs lots of paint work,railings redone,RCL,you let me down.Cabin inside was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in 7094 on the Radiance the balcony is huge. We liked it so much we booked the same cabin on the Serenade. We changed our Serenade cruise to the Jewel and we were not able to get 7094 so we are in 7108 which is just aft of the elevators.

There is no noise from the elevators just a bit from the Centrum. The entertainment in the Centrum stops at midnight so this did not bother us.

We sailed the Jewel in early Jan06 in E1 cabins 8088/8086 I can't remember which is closer to the elevators so my numbers may be mixed up but... the more forward of the two (8086?) has a better view to the front of the ship, and, in my 4 balcony cruising experience, a nice shape for enjoying the cruise. It's not as long (ie, not as many sqare feet) as the other balcony.

We had our older kids (17, 19, 22) in the 8088 w/long balcony and DH and I and littlest (4) were in the 8086. The older kids had a pull down bunk above the two beds and enjoyed the long balcony. We had a futon-like foldout sofabed for the extra bed. Little guy wants a bunk on the next cruise--this would save floor space, too.

Both balconies are completely covered, so no sunbathing. The 8088 is quite private! Our 4yo could slip under the partition between balconies to join his siblings (with permission of course). He probably couldn't do that this year since he's grown. Glass under the railings makes a nice view. Railings are over 4ft high--you'd have to try to get over them.

Wind wasn't a big problem on either balcony and both rooms were amazingly quiet considering the amount of sound coming up in the atrium. When I opened the door one night, I couldn't believe how loud it was outside while inside the cabin we could hardly hear it at all.

Overall, we thought the cabin was a bit small for three people. But that's a matter of preference--plenty of closet space, luggage hiding space, and drawers. Inroom safe was goodsized, too.

I'd pick the forward of the hump cabin over the center of the hump cabin becasuse of the view from the balcony. Either way--Enjoy!

Larkwind: Thanks for the information on 8086. I'm still booked on it for a Transatlantic. It was the only cabin left with a larger balcony. Wish it was a D-1. From what I have found out the difference in size of the cabin is more in length than width with the E-1 having a loveseat and the D-1 a full sofa. From pictures it does look like 8086 balcony though smaller has a better shape for viewing and possibly not as dark as the one next to it.

Thank you for that great shot of the aft balconies! We have 8168 on Jewel Jan 2008 and I am counting down the days! It took me almost two hours to secure this stateroom but I think from all the posts it will be well worth it! I don't even mind the hike to it from the lifts. Great exercise to work off all that great food! Looking forward to my little piece of paradise for 8 days ;)

Susan

• 7 years later...

I realize this is an old thread, but just wanted to add my two cents, for what it is worth! Also to make the thread easy to find before it is archived!:o

We sailed in JS1100, a Junior Suite on the aft of the Jewel in 2006.. By far, the nicest cabin and balcony we have ever stayed in..:p We currently booked 7172 aft (Deck 7) on the Serenade of the Seas for a 10 nite southern Caribbean sailing for 2016! Usually, all the afts are booked first except for Deck 7 which are over the Congo Bar.. Sometimes a little noise/vibration late at night, but nothing that I can't bear! To have a corner aft cabin, makes up for any inconvenience, such as the bar below!:p

We stayed in a center hump on the Explorer, and even tho' it is a great location, we missed the view of the aft! Naturally location is ones own decision.. I am still young enough (so far) to make the hike to the aft, as the SOS doesn't have aft elevators.. Our choice is still the aft, and the corner port cabins are our first choice. :D

We were just recently in #8168 on Radiance in Alaska...Great corner aft...you could "squeeze" into that small corner area but sorry you couldn't really see much around the corner.
I really think the only true aft/wraps were on Carnival Conquest/Freedom Class ships..:)

A true aft wrap which affords views aft and port/starboard depending on location!:p

The newer Carnival ships have a version of the wrap, but its more 'rounded' and quite expensive considering cabin size...:rolleyes: