Recipes from the Carnival Kitchens

PineappleGal

Judith - No, they are sold only on the ships. I bought the set of three a coupla cruises ago.

You might try EBay. I understand they have a lot of cruise stuff on there...?

We cruise around our anniversery. The book is my gift request. Hint Hint DH

OMG...Love, Love, Love this thread and wish I had seen it sooner!!!

Sailed on the Splendor in late June of this year. Prior to sailing, during my pre-cruise research, many, many people commented on the Mac n Cheese and how good it was. Tried it on the first day and had to admit that it was as delicious as everyone had said. One day at sea the Pinnacle (Splendor's steak house) had a cooking demo and lo and behold one of the side dishes was the MnC but with potatos added as well. I was able to get the ingredients from the Chef after the demo (as I believe the secret is the types of cheeses used) but not quantities. I've made the sauce a couple of times so far and the taste is there (abeit too much garlic the first time) but I haven't got the consistancy right. If anyone has the actual recipe I would surely be grateful.

Listed below are the ingredients for the Splendor's Mac n Cheese...

Sautee minced onion and garlic in butter; deglaze with white wine; add fresh heavy cream, mascarpone, grated Swiss, sour cream, brie and just a dash of parmesan; salt and pepper to taste.

• 2 weeks later...
OMG...Love, Love, Love this thread and wish I had seen it sooner!!!

Sailed on the Splendor in late June of this year. Prior to sailing, during my pre-cruise research, many, many people commented on the Mac n Cheese and how good it was. Tried it on the first day and had to admit that it was as delicious as everyone had said. One day at sea the Pinnacle (Splendor's steak house) had a cooking demo and lo and behold one of the side dishes was the MnC but with potatos added as well. I was able to get the ingredients from the Chef after the demo (as I believe the secret is the types of cheeses used) but not quantities. I've made the sauce a couple of times so far and the taste is there (abeit too much garlic the first time) but I haven't got the consistancy right. If anyone has the actual recipe I would surely be grateful.

Sautee minced onion and garlic in butter; deglaze with white wine; add fresh heavy cream, mascarpone, grated Swiss, sour cream, brie and just a dash of parmesan; salt and pepper to taste.

Hello Brian! Is this for the Mac n Cheese that is at the Rotisserie Area? It is white and not orange in color. I hope this is the ingredients list for the one that I love, love, love!! Haha...I wonder if many people commented on the Mac n Cheese or if it was me commenting many times. :o I could eat that everyday and never grow tired of it. It's that good!!! I'm trying to remember...do they put bacon on top of it? Thank you Brian!

Strawberry Bisque w/ Picture

strawberry8ix.jpg

Strawberry Bisque

3 c strawberries, washed and hulled

1 ½ c water

¾ c sugar

3 T lemon juice

1 t grated lemon peel

1 ½ c red wine

1 c. sour cream

fresh mint leaves

Directions:

Combine strawberries, ½ c water, and sugar in a blender. Cover and blend the mixture until pureed. Stir in lemon juice, peel, 1 c. water and wine. Stir in sour cream until blended. Chill for several hours before serving and garnish with mint.

GOOD LUCK!!

PineappleGal- This is a very old post so I hope you see my reply. Is this the Strawberry Bisque that is served in the MDR? I never tried it because I can't have any milk or whipping cream. The Bisque always looks so good and I was afraid to try it. I thought something so creamy must have milk or cream in it. Your Bisque has NONE of the stuff that I need to stay away from. I'm sooo happy, it looks like I get to order Strawberry Bisque on my next cruise! Thank you PineappleGal!!!

Hey Ms.

Yes, this is the one with the white sauce that's served in the Rotis. The recipe was gotten from the Chef in the Pinnacle.

I've made it now 3 times. The flavor that I remember is there but I've not yet got the consistency down, that's why I was hoping someone would have the directions with quantities.

Hey Ms.

Yes, this is the one with the white sauce that's served in the Rotis. The recipe was gotten from the Chef in the Pinnacle.

I've made it now 3 times. The flavor that I remember is there but I've not yet got the consistency down, that's why I was hoping someone would have the directions with quantities.

I hope someone has it for you. I would also like to have it. When I finally get on the Splendor, I'm going to have that everyday for lunch. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would love to have the recipe for the Wild Mushroom Cream Soup. I love, love, love this soup and would absolutely love to have the recipe!!

I would also love to have the recipe for the Wild Mushroom Cream Soup. It would be a fantastic addition to our Thanksgiving dinner.

You forgot the Spam...

I would also love to have the recipe for the Wild Mushroom Cream Soup. It would be a fantastic addition to our Thanksgiving dinner.

This isn't quite the same as the Wild Mushroom Cream Soup but it's equally as good. From the Carnival Collection cookbook...

Crema Funghi

2 tbsp butter

2 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 tsp minced garlic

1/4 cup brandy

3 cups chicken stock

1 cup Half and Half

1/4 cup roux

1 tbsp procini mushrooms

2 bay leaves

1/4 cup whipping cream

In a large frying pan melt butter over high heat, stir in mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often until mushrooms are tender. Add brandy, continue cooking stirring constantly until the liquid is reduced by half.

Stir in stock, half and half, roux, porcini powder and bay leaves. Cook stirring constantly until thickened. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove bay leaves. Stir in whipping cream. Serve immediately.

:)

havent even cruised yet and i have recipes.

someone a long time ago asked about meringue cookies, they are really really easy to make, the hard part is the letting them sit in the oven for the extreme amount of time i find overnight is helpful plus you get up in the am, its all done.

if you have someone in a culinary program or call them they are usually really good about adjusting amounts its good practice for them and gives them good ideas.

i will try and collect recipes when we sail and see if i can add more.

I recently returned from a cruise on Miracle where I had an outstanding Indian vegetarian main course in the dinning room. As best I recall it was titled something very obvious like "Indian Vegetarian Menu" on the menu. It was hands down the best food I had while on the ship and hoped it would be offered again (it wasn't). I have no idea what Carnival's policy is regarding menu suggestions, but perhaps vegetarians and those cruisers who prefer a vegetarian option can call/write Carnival and ask for it.

• 4 weeks later...
havent even cruised yet and i have recipes.

someone a long time ago asked about meringue cookies, they are really really easy to make, the hard part is the letting them sit in the oven for the extreme amount of time i find overnight is helpful plus you get up in the am, its all done.

if you have someone in a culinary program or call them they are usually really good about adjusting amounts its good practice for them and gives them good ideas.

i will try and collect recipes when we sail and see if i can add more.

Hi Jaxkai,

If you could get the Wild Mushroom Cream Soup, that would be AWESOME!!

Thanks soooooo much for offering to try to get any recipes!!

Juanita

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this post. Thanks! :-)

My entire family and I went on a Carnival Cruise a couple years ago. We all love the Caramel Apple Tart dessert. Does anyone by chance have a recipe for it? Pineapplegal, could you possibly get it? Thank you all so much in advance!

I am trying to attach a picture below:

2967102600051384943UhpkNB_th.jpg

Btw, you can contact me at ambrose AT saga-realm DOT org if you need to send it to me directly. I will gladly share once I get it. :-)