Recipes from the Carnival Kitchens

PineappleGal

I recently returned from a cruise on the Dream. I'm looking or a recipe for the Eggplant side dish that was served with the Short Ribs. It was not the Eggplant Parm. I'd love a to know how to prepare this side dish. Anyone able to help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had the recipe to the baked stuffed white mushroom appetizer. My husband and I went on a cruise about a month ago (carnival dream- 7 night cruise) and we absolutely loved this appetizer. I have yet to find the recipe though. Any help would be really appreciated!!! Thanks in advance! :)

• 1 month later...

I just got back from a cruise on June 19th, it was a 7 day out of Galveston Texas and it was fantastic.. I so enjoyed the conquest and loved the Fish n Chips restaurant... I am looking for the recipe for the Bouillabaisse a la Carnival. I saw that someone posted it but you cant read the recipe.. could someone repost the

Bouillabaisse a la Carnival Recipe?

Also any secrets to getting cheap cruises, I would love to know? Being an Texas educator need to find the cheapest deal cuz I have to cruise every summer..

So excited to be a member:)

:p

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have Carnival's recipe for the chicken carbonara? My daughter loves this dish!

I know you asked some time ago but just in case you never found an answer.....John Heald has it posted as a photo on his blog awhile back. But for the life of me it is so tiny that I can't read all the ingredients and measurements and I can't figure out how to enlarge it without it getting so blurry it is unreadable. Grrrrrr. Maybe you will have better luck. :)

spaghetti_carbonara.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone had the Baked Apple recipe that they serve at breakfast? I absolutely love them and love how the meat of the apple turns red. I've tried making them and mine look and taste nothing like theirs. Also, what the syrup is that they serve them in. Thanks

Great recipes...thanks so much, Pineapple Gal! I haven't tried any because I find it near impossible to do the conversions from a cruise sized group to a family sized group.

It would be really nice if once someone converts it and makes it ...if they could post the new quantities...after all, once one person does the work, why make everyone else do it too?

Just a suggestion to make 'our' cookbook easier to use?;)

I know you asked some time ago but just in case you never found an answer.....John Heald has it posted as a photo on his blog awhile back. But for the life of me it is so tiny that I can't read all the ingredients and measurements and I can't figure out how to enlarge it without it getting so blurry it is unreadable. Grrrrrr. Maybe you will have better luck. :)

spaghetti_carbonara.png

2.5 lbs Spaghetti

2.5 lbs pancetta

6 onions

2 (can't read - I think it might be liters) cream

3 eggs

1.5 lbs grated parmesan

Salt & Pepper to taste

4 oz whipped butter

Garnish

Fried oregano

Parmesan Shaves

6 oz Grated parmesan

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients:

6 oz Dark Chocolate

6 oz Butter

4 ea Eggs

6 oz Sugar

2 oz Flour

Method:

- Melt the chocolate & butter

- Mix the eggs & sugar and whisk for a few minutes, add the flour

- Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate & mix

- Pour the mix into a greased mold bake directly in the oven at 390 for 14 minutes

Note: Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture

Serve with ice cream and fruit garnish

Note: They told me just leave out the flour if you're gluten-free.

ETA: This is the recipe they gave us on the Behind the Fun tour.

Edited by Twibbs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this Recipe on another thread:

Wild Mushroom Soup

2 cups warm water.

3/4 ounce dried porcini mushrooms*.

2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter.

1 cup chopped onion.

1 cup chopped peeled carrots.

1/2 cup chopped leek (white and pale green parts only).

22 ounces fresh wild mushrooms (such as crimini or stemmed shiitake), sliced.

1/2 cup dry white wine.

4 cups (or more) chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth.

1 cup chopped peeled russet potato.

1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried.

1 bay leaf.

1/2 cup whipping cream.

Chopped fresh parsley or chives.

*Dried porcini mushrooms are available at Italian markets, specialty foods stores and many supermarkets..

print a shopping list for this recipe

Preparation

Combine 2 cups warm water and dried porcini mushrooms in small bowl. Let mushrooms soak until soft, about 30 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove mushrooms from liquid. Squeeze excess liquid from mushrooms back into bowl. Strain 1 cup soaking liquid into another small bowl, leaving any sediment behind.

Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and leek. Sauté until vegetables are tender and pale golden, about 10 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and fresh mushrooms; sauté until mushrooms are tender and brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in porcini and wine. Cook until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Add 4 cups stock, potato, thyme, bay leaf and 1 cup reserved porcini soaking liquid. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potato is very soft, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.

Discard bay leaf. Cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in blender. Return soup to pot. Mix in cream. Bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before serving, thinning with more stock, if desired.)

Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Here is the Macaroni & Cheese. From Facebook John Heald page.

Macaroni and Cheese

Yield = 10 Servings

Brie Cheese 8 oz

Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz

Pasta Macaroni 2 lb

Sour Cream 1 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz

Parmesan Cheese 6 oz

Swiss cheese 6 oz

Half- &-Half Cream 1 pint

Heavy cream 1.5 qt

Cheddar 12 oz

Apple wood Smoked Bacon 2 lbs

Chicken Breast 3 oz 10 ea.

White pepper to taste

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half; bring it to boil. Slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, (half the quantity) cheddar cheese and, and sour cream. Season well. Boil macaroni in salted water drain fold in the cheese sauce. Add cooked bacon to the macaroni. Pour 6 oz of pasta in the center of the pasta bowl. Arrange dices of fresh mozzarella on the top of the pasta.

Hand chop rest of the cheddar cheese and mix with grated parmesan, and sprinkle it over the macaroni. Place for two minutes under a broiled to gratinate. Serve with grilled chicken breast and garnish with a crisp rasher of apple-wood smoked bacon and a parsley sprig.

Edited by TinyG

2.5 lbs Spaghetti

2.5 lbs pancetta

6 onions

2 (can't read - I think it might be liters) cream

3 eggs

1.5 lbs grated parmesan

Salt & Pepper to taste

4 oz whipped butter

Garnish

Fried oregano

Parmesan Shaves

6 oz Grated parmesan

It says 2 ltrs of cream

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have or know if there is a recipe out there for Carnival's Chocolate Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cake? It may already be on here, but it is a long thread to sift through. I will keep looking though.:)

Strawberry Bisque w/ Picture

strawberry8ix.jpg

Strawberry Bisque

3 c strawberries, washed and hulled

1 ½ c water

¾ c sugar

3 T lemon juice

1 t grated lemon peel

1 ½ c red wine

1 c. sour cream

fresh mint leaves

Directions:

Combine strawberries, ½ c water, and sugar in a blender. Cover and blend the mixture until pureed. Stir in lemon juice, peel, 1 c. water and wine. Stir in sour cream until blended. Chill for several hours before serving and garnish with mint.

GOOD LUCK!!

Oh my goodness. I have seen lots of kids eat this soup. That is too much red wine for little ones!

hello! Just wondering if anyone that has one of those books can provide me with the recipes for the Penne Siciliana and the Linguini with italian sausage, bell peppers and mushrooms?? If either are in the books, I would SO appreciate it!

Thank you!!

From the Carnival Creations Cookbook: Penne Siciliana

1 lb uncooked penne pasta

2 cups basic tomato sauce

1/2 C whipping cream

1 TBS olive oil

1/2 TSP minced garlic

2 C diced zuchinni

1 C diced eggplant

3/4 C cubed mozzarella cheese

1/4 C grated parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Keep warm. In small saucepan over medium high heat cook tomato sauce and cream until reduced by half. Meanwhile, in large frying pan heat oliv oil until hot over medium high heat. Add garlic; cook until garlic is tender. Stir in zuchinni and eggplant; cook until crisp-tender. Stir in pasta; toss gently. Stir in tomato and cream mixture. Just before serving stir in mozeralla and and paresan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

• 2 weeks later...

From John Heald...

American Navy Bean Soup

© by CCL Hotel Operations

Yield = 10 Servings

Ingredients

Code Name Quantity:

Beef Stock 2 QT

Red Wine Vinegar 1 tsp

Salt to taste

Black Pepper to taste

Bay Leaf 1

Navy Beans 12 oz

Chopped Parsley 1 tsp

Fresh Oregano 1 sprig

Chopped Onions 4 oz

Chopped Garlic ½ oz

Diced Celery ½ cup

Diced Carrots ½ cup

Diced Leeks ½ cup

Fresh Thyme 1 sprig

Olive Oil 1 tasp

Procedure

Soak navy beans in water for 10 - 12 hours.

Sauté garlic, bay leaf, onions, carrots and celery in oil for a few minutes.

Boil beans in beef stock, add vegetables.

Simmer for two to three hours.

Season with salt and pepper.

Finish with red wine vinegar, chopped parsley, thyme and oregano.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a great cruise on the Splendor and I am looking for a couple of recipes. If anyone has the following, would you please share them?

Baked Apple

Warm fig, date and cinnamon cake

Braised style short ribs

Norwegian Salmon with Dill Mousseline

Salmon with Lemon Dill Sabayon and steamed Julienne Vegetables

Also, if you are new to the thread and looking for a recipe, please read the thread before posting. Most of the recipes that have been requested numerous times have already been posted on here. You never know, you might find something else while looking- I did!:D

• 1 year later...

This is an awesome thread!!! I do need a recipe that I am not seeing on here. I have searched online and thought I would see if any of y'all would know it.

A co-worker just got back from his first cruise and he asked for a recipe of something called Potato Tators. I told him I couldn't remember anything by that name. He told me it was in the buffet. Anyone have that recipe?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Welcome back Pineapplegal!

I would like to see the recipe for the flamin' tomato soup (seaday brunch), as well as the lemon bread that comes in the bread basket at seaday brunch.

I have not yet experienced the brunch yet, but those two items to appeal:)