Recipes from the Carnival Kitchens

PineappleGal

West Indian Pumpkin Soup

Serves 100 (so you might have to convert it to less)

3 lbs Onions, quartered

2 lbs Leeks

2 oz Garlic Cloves

7 lbs Pumpkin Puree

3 1/2 gallons Chicken Stock

2 Quarts Half-and-Half

1 Quart Heavy Cream

Salt & Pepper to Taste

Heat oven to 300*f. Place onions, leeks, and garlic in shallow roasting pan; drizzle with olive oiil. Bake at 300*f for 30 minutes. Puree Vegetables.

Roast pumpkin puree @ 300*f. for 20-25 minutes. In Large stockpot, combine pumpkin puree, pureed vegetables and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Simmer 1 Hour.

Add half-and-half and cream; simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and Pepper.

GOOD LUCK!!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm having a hard time converting this to a reasonable amount. Say to serve 5 or 10.

Has anyone reduced this?

thanks!

The one dessert that I liked that did not have a recipe I asked the pastry chef for the recipe on my European Cruise.

This is what he gave me.

Semisweet Chocolate 10LB

Heavy Cream 3QT

Egg Yolk 1LB

Sugar 25oz

1. Beat the Egg Yolk and Sugar

2. All Melted Chocolate

3. Fold with Heavy Cream

I'm not sure if that is missing anything or not, but I thought I would share that with everyone.

We had this great soup in 1991 on the Fantasy cruise to the Bahamas.

My DH has mentioned it throughout the years, it is that memorable to him.

Hopefully Carnival still makes it, (we asked for it on the Mariner last year, and they could not fill the request)

Thanks.

Denise (and especially Lowell :D )

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Sorry for not posting I've been very busy lately. I will post a list of all the recipes I do have....Some of the recipes are not necessary....so here are some...

• Baked Alaska
  • Cappuccino Pie

PINEAPPLEGAL

Would love to get these. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Please email me the recipe for the chilled orange sory if you have it.

Lmachonis@optonline.net

Here you 2 are....our group leader for the Triumph cruise.

We had a great time this week...everyone is heading home; we are now in MN but not home yet, taking a rest in Mpls.

Come back and get updated on our posts, where have you 2 been??? Were you on the cruise?

PS: We had the chilled mango soup...absolutely delicious.....

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
if you are still checking in, I would love to have the Bouillabaisse recipe. Thank you so much for helping everyone out.

fungi.jpg.b9503facdad2f25f1c138d57e5fa7ad0.jpg

Boulannise.jpg.c61dcfb44aff2b5af463909a68e87116.jpg

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,

sorry for the delay in recipes, I was working a job full time that let me go a while ago and i found another with is the Cruising industry so I know now 24 hour, free time on Cruise Critic.

HERE IS THE CREME DE FUNGI AND THE BOLLANISE (SPELLING WRONG) BUT THE CORRECT RECIPES.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANOTHER RECIPE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW.

H.J

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, just wanted to touch base and say hey there. if anyone needs a recipe please let me know, i am willing to give some out if i have them.

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE DISH THAT YOU WOULD LOVE TO CREATE IN YOUR OWN KITCHEN THEN THIS THREAD IS YOUR RECIPE BOOK.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, GIVE ME A POST OR DISCUSS AND I WILL GET IT TO YOU ASAP!!!

PINEAPPLEGAL

I would love to know if you have the recipe for my favorite dish...Please forgive me since I know I will not get the name exactly right...

Delice of the Ocean (or something like that) it is a newburg sauce with seafood in it...thanks, I really appreciate you looking even if you don't have it!

• 3 weeks later...

This recipe for Choco-Hoto-Pots from Oprah.com is the closest thing I found to Chocolate Melting Cake. See if you agree. I use custard cups instead of ramekins.

Choco-Hoto-PotsCreated by Nigella LawsonFrom the show What Ya Cookin'? Makes 4 servingshead_line.gifForget about the calories—just sit back and enjoy the decadence provided in this warm chocolate treat. INGREDIENTS

• Butter for ramekins
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup superfine sugar (regular is fine too)
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)

Place baking sheet in an oven preheated to 400°. Butter four 2/3-cup ramekins and set aside.

Using a microwave oven or double boiler, melt together the semisweet chocolate and the butter. Set aside to cool.

In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and flour. Add cooled chocolate mixture, and mix until blended. Fold in white chocolate chips.

Divide mixture evenly among ramekins and place on baking sheet. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked and chocolate beneath is hot and gooey, about 20 minutes. Place each ramekin on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve, reminding children that ramekins and chocolate are hot.

Here you go.

Strawberry Bisque

3 c strawberries, washed and hulled

1 ½ c water

¾ c sugar

3 T lemon juice

1 t grated lemon peel

1 ½ c red wine

1 c. sour cream

fresh mint leaves

Directions:

Combine strawberries, ½ c water, and sugar in a blender. Cover and blend the mixture until pureed. Stir in lemon juice, peel, 1 c. water and wine. Stir in sour cream until blended. Chill for several hours before serving and garnish with mint.

I made this recipe today and it was de-lici-ous! We had frozen strawberries that had to be used so a search brought up the Strawberry Bisque.

(Substituted light sour cream and used Splenda in place of the sugar.) You can definitely taste the touch of lemon, and the mint looks pretty on top; I floated a dark pink Impatien flower beside the mint leaves.

Outstanding recipe and there are leftovers for tomorrow! YUM ;)

Ms B

• 6 months later...

I have recently experienced my first cruise. We went with Carnival for our honeymoon and I have tasted some of the most splendid things in my entire life. One thing that I found to be one of the most delicious soups I have ever tried was the Crema Di Funghi Selvatica. Do you have that recipe? I have tried numerous copycats and none of them tasted anything like it! I was wondering if you could help me recreate that special evening. Thanks!

Hello everyone, just wanted to touch base and say hey there. if anyone needs a recipe please let me know, i am willing to give some out if i have them.

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE DISH THAT YOU WOULD LOVE TO CREATE IN YOUR OWN KITCHEN THEN THIS THREAD IS YOUR RECIPE BOOK.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, GIVE ME A POST OR DISCUSS AND I WILL GET IT TO YOU ASAP!!!

PINEAPPLEGAL

I have recently experienced my first cruise. We went with Carnival for our honeymoon and I have tasted some of the most splendid things in my entire life. One thing that I found to be one of the most delicious soups I have ever tried was the Crema Di Funghi Selvatica. Do you have that recipe? I have tried numerous copycats and none of them tasted anything like it! I was wondering if you could help me recreate that special evening. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...