1/2 day trip to baths with Patouche

AllenF

Of course, if you only get 10 people or 8 or whatever, they could just pay more per person...

We were about to "stuff" 15 (I think) on Oil and Water... a 43-44 foot Sea Ray.

I think 12 is probably a good number - 14 might begin to push it.

img_lady_kate.jpg

SwT2ZiYzaXYhEQ0dR5MteHniB9DwfXIG0300.jpg

3JaP8rEfgD7IBYIDFhja+cj8FUSy176A0300.jpg

I agree with Zy that you could pay alittle more and have less persons for a more comfortable trip. It truly is worth going this way if you can it set up. Once you do set up with Julie at Patouche, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy this wonderful experience vs the worry of the taxi thing. Julie is great to work with, if it can happen she will help make it.

Put a blurb in your roll call and add this thread so that others that may be interested will read about it and join you.

Thanks guys! Julie sent me an email with the details of this excursion but according to her latest email the boat is Extreme Machine. I have to clarify with her b/c her previous email stated that Extreme Machine was not available on the day we will be in Tortola and we would have to use Oil and Water. Now her follow up email states different.

I agree with Zy that you could pay alittle more and have less persons for a more comfortable trip. It truly is worth going this way if you can it set up. Once you do set up with Julie at Patouche, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy this wonderful experience vs the worry of the taxi thing. Julie is great to work with, if it can happen she will help make it.

Put a blurb in your roll call and add this thread so that others that may be interested will read about it and join you.

I have someone in my group who is interested, but doesn't swim. What would you suggest? I think she feels more comfortable with Speedys since she can walk there? Also, you mentioned Julie setting up a taxi. Is this taxi from the cruise ship to their office? How long is the taxi ride?

Does anyone know if it would be safe to bring my digital camera on the excursion with patchoue and leave it on their boat???? Will it get wet?

I plan on bringing waterproof cameras for the water, but my digital always takes much nicer pictures.

Jennifer, I found this website through these message boards. It may help you out with your question about bringing along your digital camera. It's a waterproof camera bag for $30.00

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#588X0

I can try to find the boards where there is plenty of pictures and info on the bag. you can even test it out before your trip.

have someone in my group who is interested, but doesn't swim. What would you suggest? I think she feels more comfortable with Speedys since she can walk there? Also, you mentioned Julie setting up a taxi. Is this taxi from the cruise ship to their office? How long is the taxi ride?

I can't swim but the folks at Patouche got me to snorkle believe it or not. They will provide a flotation belt and a ring. They should try it, I'm glad I did. I now own my own equipment because I love it.

The taxi ride to the Patouche office is like 5 minutes, if that, from the cruise pier.

• 3 weeks later...
So far I haven't had any luck finding enough people to do this excursion. I still have some time, but it doesn't seem likely. Should I go with the cruise line or the ferry? Any suggestions? We have to be back on the ship by 3:00 pm

We're doing the Carnival excursion. We never bothered to price it out exactly, so I'm not sure exactly how much we might have saved trying to do it on our own -- $40, $50? But with only a half day on the island, and not a whole lot of wiggle room to get back in time in the event of a mishap, it wasn't worth the worry to us. I like to save a buck where I can, but as far as I'm concerned, money spent to minimize stress during my vacation is money well spent. Good luck whatever you decide. Have a great time!

EDIT: I will say, though, that our ship leaves at 2:00, vs. your 3:00, so you have a bit more wiggle-room than we do.

My DH and I and another woman and her DD did Patouche with the Oil and Water. They graciously took just the four of us! For the same price as if it had been a full boat! What an awesome experience! Joe was great! Julie is a doll and we loved their labs. Turns out that Joe's aunt and uncle live across the street from me. What a small world!

I would highly recommend them. The other woman with us was a non-swimmer and Joe took excellent care.

Enjoy!

My DH and I and another woman and her DD did Patouche with the Oil and Water. They graciously took just the four of us! For the same price as if it had been a full boat! What an awesome experience! Joe was great! Julie is a doll and we loved their labs. Turns out that Joe's aunt and uncle live across the street from me. What a small world!

I would highly recommend them. The other woman with us was a non-swimmer and Joe took excellent care.

Enjoy!

That's great! If you don't mind me asking...how were you able to go out with just the 4 of you? I was told I would need at least 12 people. I guess I should send them a follow up and let them know I still have not found anymore people :( . P.S: What was the price?

I had been in touch with Julie for about a month before our cruise. We were the only ship in port that day so we were the only ones interested. I posted here and in my ship's roll call and on several other sites trying to get the extra people. I had just about given up when Julie emailed me 2 days before we sailed to say that they would take just my DH and I for the original $60. In the meantime, another women from our CC roll call said that she and her DD would go. They contacted Patouche. We had to get to their offices on our own. We shared a cab for $3 pp. We walked back to the ship. Capt. Joe took us on the Oil and Water, not the Extreme Machine. We had a fabulous time. Like going on your own private excursion.

I had been in touch with Julie for about a month before our cruise. We were the only ship in port that day so we were the only ones interested. I posted here and in my ship's roll call and on several other sites trying to get the extra people. I had just about given up when Julie emailed me 2 days before we sailed to say that they would take just my DH and I for the original $60. In the meantime, another women from our CC roll call said that she and her DD would go. They contacted Patouche. We had to get to their offices on our own. We shared a cab for $3 pp. We walked back to the ship. Capt. Joe took us on the Oil and Water, not the Extreme Machine. We had a fabulous time. Like going on your own private excursion.

Thats great!! I hop they offer us the excursion too. I had posted on my roll call also and nobody else is really interested in going. I believe we are the only ship on board that day also.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived