Review-Summit, Hawaii, March 26-April 9

rjg41

Hi Bob, I guess it's back to bridge for me. The ladies were in rare form, but we did our best to give you guys a chance to get back in the game.:D

Thanks Phil, we had an absolutely wonderful time didn't we? Say hi to Marti!:)

Joan

Hi Bob, I guess it's back to bridge for me. The ladies were in rare form, but we did our best to give you guys a chance to get back in the game.:D

Thanks Phil, we had an absolutely wonderful time didn't we? Say hi to Marti!:)

Joan

Bob I agree that the fix was in on the BOS trivia. However Joan did play the other trivia with great skill and I was able to coast on her coattails and get a half-a-dozen prizes. Thanks Joan I needed the bagtags and pillow.

Bob it is not how you play the game it is how you pick your partners. That worked for me. :D

Glad to hear so many positive things about Brand X. We have sailed on Infinity to Alaska (great trip, super ship, crew and all) and are booked on Millenium from LA to Ft Lauderdale in November and back-to-back on the remodeled Century in March 2007. Oh, and eagerly awaiting Solstice in 2008.

How was the weather on the trip? That's the first question, prospective Hawaii clients always ask me.

I would not recommend this trip, particularly at this time of year. The weather was much too cool during transit and, having been in southern CA before at this time of year, that seems the norm. The itinerary was fine for us as we had done a Hawaiian cruise before but everyone we spoke with at the end of the cruise made the same comment. They did not get a real feel for the islands. We absolutely LOVED the 11 night Honolulu to Ensenada we did in October 2003 which enabled us to fly down 3 days prior to the cruise and that itinerary had an overnight in Honolulu and Maui which were great. That remains our all time favourite cruise.

Larry and I had a wonderful time on this cruise. The weather wasn't the greatest, but it was warmer than it was at home! We cruised with friends met on past cruises, made some new ones (Hello, Martini Posse... miss our nightly gatherings in the Martini bar a lot!) ate too much (but only added three pounds thanks to exercise and sheer luck, I think!) definitely drank a little too much, but had so much fun just being on the ship. We had a wonderful room stewardess, Lorna, and assistant, Michael, and Maria in the Martini Bar was a delight.:D Wish we were on the ship for this itinerary... a longer time in Maui would have been great.

We are meeting our new cruise friends, Terry and Joyce for dinner this weekend, so that is a definite benefit to this cruise. Hopefully we will see some of you on the Constellation next year, or in future cruises. We have booked the Sept. 10, 2007 Millenium Europe cruise for our first ever trip to Europe. As with this cruise, this European cruise will just give us a taste of places, and hopefully we will be able to go back and visit those same places in depth someday.

The Summit remains our favorite ship so far, and it will seem strange not to cruise on her after four in a row.

Aloha to everyone!

Hi again, Coolville-I also posted on the air thread:)

The Marriott does not have a shuttle to the ship-taxi is about $18. Have your driver corner a porter when you get there so you don't have to fool with luggage.

We walked around Long Beach-easy walk to the channel and great view of the QM-in the morning, and got our taxi about 11. Don't know about shuttle to airport, but I doubt it. Still, you can't beat $40 which is what we got it for. There is also a supermarket a block away if you need to buy last minute stuff.

Have fun

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Archived