Xpedition Cruise Video

gooch47

Thanks to having a son who owns our Internet Service Provider company, I'm able to offer you a chance to see the 16 minute video I've produced of our April 2-10 Galapagos vacation. It takes a while to download, obviously, but I'm pretty proud of the results:

Galapagos Video

Let me be the first of what I know will be many others who view this to thank you.

It was very professionally produced for an " amateur " video and I appreciate all your time and efforts to make it so beautiful. It certainly whet the appetites for our upcoming December Xpedition cruise!

Glad you enjoyed your adventure and Go Browns !

( Clevelander transplanted to the South )

Thank you for a beautiful, beautiful video...we are also booked for a December trip and are even more excited now...if that is possible. Thanks again for a beautiful 16 mins. :)

Gooch, The video was great. Thank you and your son for sharing it. Nothing much has changed since my wife and I went in November 2005... lol. I noticed that the ship has new life preservers... ours were teal colored. I guess if you use them twice a day everyday, they wear out pretty quickly.

For others - the boobies make a white "mess" on the rocks where they stand. I coined a term for it... I call it "booby whitewash".

Dave

:) :) :)

No reason to show anyone our pix anymore when this beautiful video says it all!:D Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

We were there in Jan.'05 and saw the same animals/birds/sea life. You brought back a flood of great memories.

Unfortunately we were on one of the sick ships (1/2 the ship ill and a report was submitted to the CDC by the same ship's doc as in your picture!) It made it difficult to fully enjoy the trip, since the protocol for handling things was so lacking. I hope things have fully reversed by now.:)

On our urging, they finally put up one hand sanitizer near the zodiacs, but nothing in the DR. I'm sure by now there must be the usual buffet sanitizer globes up as that's where illness really spreads. Hope I'm correct.

Would love to go back one day!

The only one I saw was by the Zodiacs. There might have been others, but I didn't see any.

The doctor seemed to want to blame my illness on either too much alcohol ;) or the tropical fruit and juices I was eating. Even though I told her I was having nausea and cramping, she didn't mark it on my "invoice." I didn't notice until I got home.

I have to say that $40 for a cabin visit wasn't too bad. I've paid more for a clinic visit on Princess.

Oh, my...I just relived our May 2005 Xpedition cruise. How wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing. The only thing missed were 'my' naturalists. And at least one of your (Nacho) was one of mine! I can't tell you how much this meant to me....

Thank you all for your kind words. I've been doing these for a couple of years now for all our cruises. I also did a family history one for both my family and my husband's family and gave them out for Christmas presents.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Linda,

Your video is spectacular!! Galapagos is one place I've always wanted to visit. After seeing your presentation, I'm even more convinced I want to see the wonderful islands. How many islands are there??

BobbiJane

Gooch, what a spectacular video. Thanks very much for sharing. We're set to go this September and are more anxious than ever now!

BTW, did you bring your own walking sticks? And did you change from "water" shoes to tennis shoes once you landed?

Thanks again and Aloha,

Jon and Noreen

Gooch, what a spectacular video. Thanks very much for sharing. We're set to go this September and are more anxious than ever now!

BTW, did you bring your own walking sticks? And did you change from "water" shoes to tennis shoes once you landed?

Thanks again and Aloha,

Jon and Noreen

Wide variety of walking sticks available-don't bring anything that you don't have to.

We did very well with tevas for beach walks and running shoes for inland hikes. No need IMO for water shoes or hiking boots.The water landings are few,shallow and can be done in either tevas or bare feet.

Jon and Noreen,

The walking sticks on the ship were fine for the needs that we had...do take one on each trip where hiking is included. Most on my cruise wore hiking sandals (Merrells, Keene, etc.) and they worked well for most terrains. I wore hiking boots one time and decided they didn't add much (too heavy) and my sandals were good for wet and dry. Wet landings were usually in shallow water and a quick wipe with a small cloth made them comfortable for most terrain.

Thanks Linda - great job on the video.... we really enjoyed watching it! I'm impressed with how quick you put it together following your trip!

It's was a nice preview of what we have to look forward to in November!

What a beautiful job you did on your video! Enquiring minds want to know....what software do you use to produce it? I am also curious what you used for the audio portion, as it seems seamless with no quiet part between the tracks. Congratulations!

thanks so much for sharing the video...

the cost of our trip is probably going to increase considerably

becasue my husband NEEDS to upgrade his digital camera...;)

What a beautiful job you did on your video! Enquiring minds want to know....what software do you use to produce it? I am also curious what you used for the audio portion, as it seems seamless with no quiet part between the tracks. Congratulations!

I use Pinnacle Studio 9. It is full of bugs, drives me nuts crashing for no apparent reason, but I love the result. Do NOT buy Pinnacle Studio 10. My hubby bought us the upgrade and it was worse. When you put text on it, it would sometimes show up upside down. No excuse for releasing a product like that.

The trick on the audio is to gradually lower the volume at the end of each track until you get total silence. Then start the new one up immediately. You can even get by with fitting partial tracks in with this trick. I somehow lucked out on this one and got the last selection to match up with the end of the video.

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT. At one point I thought I might like to do this as a way to make a little extra cruising money, but I never pursued it. But I started working on a website and it could show you some other ideas for this software:

http://www.ds.net/~ldunlap/index.html

• 5 months later...

Archived