Freedom of the Seas picture.

why'd u post that..... grrrrr

now I keep wondering what the extra glass space under the Viking Crown is used for...

Seaview Cafe anybody?

Check out the deck plans, and it will show you exactly what it is. As far as I have heard, there is no seaview cafe on this ship. There is the Sorrentos instead.

Do you mean right behind Viking Crown? that is just sports deck area enclosed by glass.

actually, I havn't seen these deckplans anywhere.... can you link me up?

I mean right below the Freedom of the Seas sign, but now that I think back to Voyager Class, that's where JR's is.

boo.... it closes soo early too... I miss the free burgers in the Solarium on Vision Class.... I've gotta go on a Radience class ship in 2007 or 2008...

actually, I havn't seen these deckplans anywhere.... can you link me up?

I mean right below the Freedom of the Seas sign, but now that I think back to Voyager Class, that's where JR's is.

boo.... it closes soo early too... I miss the free burgers in the Solarium on Vision Class.... I've gotta go on a Radience class ship in 2007 or 2008...

Deck plans are here.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000Nrc5y4WuMgVLKTg8qTXwDnF:10ktmf05t?shipCode=FR&shipProfile=1161

Enjoy!

Gives us a little glimps up top.

Finally was able to pull it up in another browser. hmmmm

Anyway, looks like the solarium is covered, going by this pic....for those who have been wondering about the retractable roof. (or am I looking at it wrong?)

Tracy

Sorry to say but I think you are looking at it wrong. If you look on the freedomoftheseas.com website, in the part that shows the solarium whirlpools, it shows that there is glass looking down on to the foward centrum. That is at the front of the pool. Also show the solarium being very much open from the deck above. Oh how I wish it would be covered, but I don't think it will be.:mad:

wow... i'm actually not that impressed by the deck plans.... they were right calling this Ultra-Voyager...

i was expecting somewhere new to eat, not just a larger Windjammer :P

:)

Well Sorrentos looks quite interesting and an attractive setting for some good pizza and other Italian dishes on the Royal Promenade.

If Sorrento's has Celebrity-level pizza,i'm game... but if it's the same stuff they have at the promenade cafe on Voyager class,, i don't think it's worthy of it's own area.

I wonder if the Cafe will get anything new to replace pizza :)

I'm suprised StudioB is going 2 levels. Will work for the Ice Shows, but not so much for things like Quest.

If you look on the freedomoftheseas.com website, in the part that shows the solarium whirlpools, it shows that there is glass looking down on to the foward centrum. That is at the front of the pool. Also show the solarium being very much open from the deck above.

But on the actual photo (not the rendering on FOS.com), you can definitely see the "opening" on deck 12 for the pool and water park areas, but that same area looks solid next to the whirlpool. I just don't see the dark spot/void like I do over the other two water areas.

Tracy

Tracy,

I see what you mean but I think that solid sort of fanned glass is the top of the atrium above the elevators. I recall when we went on Navigator seeing it in webshots and wondering what it was.

Lee

Carol,

Thank you for posting this very "cool" picture. It definitely shows why it needed the ice breakers. How did you take this shot? It looks like you were up above the ground, but it doesn't look like there are any buildings around.

Archived