Good news Freedom cd is...

Hi everyone. I was on the AOS in January and we had Richard Spacey as cruise director. He has been on and off that ship for awhile now. We have had him three times on that ship. He told me one evening he was about to take a vacation for a few months and come back on as cruise director for the Freedom of the Seas.

I think he deserves it, he is by far the best cruise director there is on RCL and any other cruise line as far as I know. I have been on 24 RCL cruises,4 princess, 4 carnival, 5 celebrity and no ones comes anyway near him. I would actually consider him before some of the ports of call before choosing a cruise. Very entertaining, funny, great dancer and you see him everywhere. I am glad that he got the job on the new ship, he deserves it!

By the way, talking with him we had both agreed that the godfather of the Freedom should have been Paul McCartney, specially after having done the song Freedom for the 911 firemen.

Richard if you get to read this, congratulations your number 1

I guess that would mean that Richard Spacey will take over when Ken Rush who will take the Freedom out on its initial cruises, completes his tour. If so, we may have Richard as our CD when we sail in October. He was CD when we sailed on one of Voyager's first cruises to Canada out of Bayonne and we enjoyed him very much. :)

Richard Spacey did mention that he would be on for the end of the fall and next winter. We will be on 12-03-06 and again 01-21-07. Looking forward to both cruises. By the way I'm a TA and I take groups of french Canadians in case you wondered why 2 cruises on the same ship within a month.

Denis

So who do you like?

Will Richard still be on Adventure for my May 7th sailing????

~Jen

I liked Clo (of course she's moving on), Jeffrey Aprin, Becky T. Ken Rush is just a bad game show host and I preferred Richard Spacey as Bingo Richie...

I was hoping to have Graham on the Navigator this past December but he left the ship the day we embarked. We then had Ken Rush for the week. Not bad but no where near as good as others that I have seen but like a previous comment, the CD's don't make or break my cruise. They are all like used car salesmen to me.:)

Okay, this is strange. We just got off from doing a Mariner back to back a week ago. At the end of the first week, James Andrews was signing off because (as Captain Johnny said) he was taking a vacation before coming back for a contract on the Freedom when she sails.

How many cruise directors do they have???

I can not comment on either ken rush OR Richard spacey, haven't had either one of them.

Clo is my favorite by far, however as we all know, she will be a little preoccupied for a while with the new baby (if rumor is true), but I have a feeling she will eventually be back!

Carley B was also wonderful when we had her on the legend, very personable.

Freedom is so big that they need three!

I don't like Ken Rush... why is it that he always opens every new ship?

I think because most passengers do like him.

I thought he was overly slick att he start of the cruise but he really hussled and made sure lots was going on when we cruised Navigator. He was always out and about and he really seemed actively involved in making sure everyone had good memories of their trip.

Where is Jeffrey Arpin? He was the CD on my Monarch cruise in 1998. It seems like someone had a favorite CD thread a few months ago and they listed the various ships and CDs. I don't recall seeing him listed.

Disregard my question. I read about Jeffrey in a subsequent post.

Archived