no dining times available?

carolcp

I was looking into going on the Noordam this summer and looked at the dining times available. They were listed as either closed or waitlisted, none said available. Does that mean dining in the Lido or room service only? I know dumb question but if a dinner time is waitlisted, that tells me that that there are more people who what that time then there are seats available and closed tells me that there are no seats to be had at all.

Confused.

Carol

Fear not; Maitre 'd's work magic and he will find a spot for you as close to your announced preference as possible.

When you book, you will be asked for your dining time preference and will then be told what your position is on the waitlist for that time.

You will not be forced into only dining at the Lido or the Pinnacle Grill.

Fear not; Maitre 'd's work magic and he will find a spot for you as close to your announced preference as possible.

When you book, you will be asked for your dining time preference and will then be told what your position is on the waitlist for that time.

You will not be forced into only dining at the Lido or the Pinnacle Grill.

I wouldn't mind being "forced" into dining only in the Pinnacle Grill as long as it was "complimentary".

The maitre'd will get everything worked out by the time you get on the ship.

One time (years ago) we had a new chef on one of the ships and he had a nack for ruining everything. Since we were doing back-to-back cruises, the next segment we were "forced" to eat at the Pinnacle most of the cruise.:D

Just sailed on the Noordam 4/5 and found out when we boarded that we had the 5:45 dinner seating. When we asked about changing we were directed to one of the lounges where the Maitre d' and two of his staff were holding court. You get a number and are asked to wait until it is called. When we asked him to change to the 8:00 seating we were offered 8:30 and told everything else was full. They suggested we try the 5:45 and if we didn't like it to speak to them at lunch. We did and hated being so rushed to get ready for dinner. Asked the same Maitre d' at lunch the next day and he was able to switch us to a table for 8 at 8:00. When we went to dinner that night I found out those two seats were empty the night before. I guess you have to be more forceful in your request.

When we booked our Oosterdam cruise, all dining times were waitlisted. We stated our request for main upper, table for two, on the rail. Tall order (especially on short notice), but to our delight, we got exactly what we asked for. The flexible dining arrangement on the Oosterdam gave us a one-hour arrival window, which made it even better. :)

We just returned from Hawaii on Amsterdam. We were told there was no room available for the 1st seating. We were 100+ on the waiting list for early dining. On the first night we ate in the Lido. Next day was the Formal, we went to our table for 8:30 seating. On our way from the dining room we spoke to the Maitre D, and told him that we will wait in the dining room and willing to take any available, he agreed to it. Next day we went around 5:45 and waited 10 minutes, we got a table and we did the same for the following day. On the third day of cruising we got a notification that our dining was reassigned to first seating and we were assigned a window table with great view of the Pacific Ocean. You can try the same tactic, it may work.

Archived