Europe 2007?

Hi Carol,

I remember speaking to you last year about Legend! I am from Derby too. I'm starting to get quite excited about our trip in July. Worst part is paying for it all next week! It's been a struggle saving up but hopefully it'll be worth it.

I got loads of quotes for Navigator & they varied by about £800 for 4 of us. Infact, we are only paying £400 more than last year. I booked with Save n Sail who matched Cruisekings. I think I will have to go full time to fund it but it looks a wonderful ship and hopefully worth every penny..It does seem rather bizarre booking cruises when you've not been on this years yet but I was afraid to loose my 4 berth cabin and the price was quite good. It made me feel pressured into booking. Hopefully I've made the right decision??

Good to talk to you again,

Heather.:)

Hi Carol,

I remember speaking to you last year about Legend! I am from Derby too. I'm starting to get quite excited about our trip in July. Worst part is paying for it all next week! It's been a struggle saving up but hopefully it'll be worth it.

I got loads of quotes for Navigator & they varied by about £800 for 4 of us. Infact, we are only paying £400 more than last year. I booked with Save n Sail who matched Cruisekings. I think I will have to go full time to fund it but it looks a wonderful ship and hopefully worth every penny..It does seem rather bizarre booking cruises when you've not been on this years yet but I was afraid to loose my 4 berth cabin and the price was quite good. It made me feel pressured into booking. Hopefully I've made the right decision??

Good to talk to you again,

Hi Heather.

Great to talk to you again...so glad you remember me. I didn't realize you were from Derby. What part?? We are in Oakwood. How cool!

I know exactly what you mean about getting the money paid. We have final amount due on the 15th of May. It has been a long haul for us as well...and Very scary.. as we are now paying for 6.

Last year was my first cruise since 1978....( I was in my 20's and lived in Florida) You probably weren't even born yet! Ugh!! (really scary) It was My husbands very first cruise ever. We had a fabulous time....and Didn't expect to sail again anytime soon. But my husband, surprisingly, loved the cruise as much as I did. He was the most relaxed I'd ever seen him... and he really enjoyed the viking crown lounge for smoking his cigars and having his nightly drink. He Felt very comfortable indeed. It was also our best ever holiday...and first time spent together as a couple. So he was determined we would go again this year..as it was nearly perfect. (only some windy weather..and rain on sailing day.. at fault)

You are going to have a great time. The ship, crew, food, ports...are all fantastic.

August 5th we sail again...We wanted to do something special for our twin daughters for their 21st birthday this year..so we booked us all for a one off family cruise. It has been a rollercoaster, as one girl is engaged..and the other has a steady boyfriend, They haven't got the money right now for any holiday...so we sorted it out for all of them. It has been a worry...but they are great kids...they work really hard and deserve this break. I cannot wait to see their faces...the Legend will seem huge to them. they have never seen a cruise ship. They will love all the glass elevators and the atrium....the dining room...and lounges. Legend is beautiful. But especially, they will love all the mountains of cookies and cakes in the Windjammer at afternoon tea!! My girls love their sweets..and still don't gain a pound. ( No justice in the world!!) The 4 of them, have connecting cabins on deck 3 oceanview. 3032/3034....and we are 3038.

You sound like you got a very good deal on the Navigator....Italy is my favorite country. I was lucky to see a lot of it in my youth...last year in Rome on Legend was my first time back...and it was magical. We don't have Rome on this years itinery. We have Palma.. and Barcelona.. as an overnight stop instead..and Malaga..the rest of the ports are the same. Not sure if I made the right choice.

The navigator.... must be amazing. The massive size.. I don't know how I'd cope. I never slept while on Legend for fear I'd miss something. How would you deal with a ship twice the size and still see all the ports?? My husband would never find me!.... ("actually a great incentive for him to book a cruise on it"....A Wife Free Holiday..with no nagging!! ) lol You will have a wonderful time. You must be really excited. There will be so much to see and do. All of RC ships are so beautiful...how can you have anything but a great time!!

So long for now...Keep in touch... Regards, Carol

Hi Carol,

We live in Mickleover but I used to go to Lees Brook School just down the road from you!

Wow! it must be costing you a fortune this year, it's bad enough paying for 4 of us ~ my boys are 12 & 15 years and we share one cabin. Last year we went on the Ocean Village - it was excellent, couldn't fault it. tried to book for this year and it was nearly 5K for inside!!! LOTS was much cheaper -so that's why we ended up on Legend.

This cruising is very addictive. I'd find it hard to go back to beach holidays, although I do like a nice city break in between.

My first cruise was on QE2 transatlantic 1981 with my parents when I was 15. I reckon it spoilt me!

Happy Cruising,

...Thanks for the table!

...The table shows Navigator's Summer Opening "OPEN".

Unfortunately, April 2007's Navigator transatlantic from Miami to Southampton, which you'd think should be out already, isn't. RCCL website still shows April 14 2007 Western Caribbean and April 21 2007 Eastern Caribbean when we know that's the repositioning window.

1424079851_NOS-2007-04OpenbutnoTransatlanticyet-2006-04-21.jpg.ed703678a5e565590985ef9902dbce04.jpg

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...

Thanks for the chart. Does it mean Brillance Of the Sea will not do a Miami-Barcelona crossing in the Spring? That's the trip I've been waiting for............would do it on another ship if it is offered. Please deciper the chart for me and let me know if I'm still waiting for a trip that will be scheduled.

Thanks guys - :D

Hi Carol,

We live in Mickleover but I used to go to Lees Brook School just down the road from you!

Wow! it must be costing you a fortune this year, it's bad enough paying for 4 of us ~ my boys are 12 & 15 years and we share one cabin. Last year we went on the Ocean Village - it was excellent, couldn't fault it. tried to book for this year and it was nearly 5K for inside!!! LOTS was much cheaper -so that's why we ended up on Legend.

This cruising is very addictive. I'd find it hard to go back to beach holidays, although I do like a nice city break in between.

My first cruise was on QE2 transatlantic 1981 with my parents when I was 15. I reckon it spoilt me!

Happy Cruising,

Hi Heather,

Funny you should mention Lees brook school, my husband is a high school maths teacher and taught there for awhile. We came to Derby in 1987...so it was probably in the first couple years. He started off at Henry Cavendish (later called Highview)...and was spread between there..leesbrook..and Spondon (West Park) for awhile. As there were shortages. He then went into a secure Unit and special needs teaching. But now is back in main stream... at Merrill college in chellaston..

Regarding cruise prices..We found the same thing last year when booking our Legend cruise. I didn't even know RC was sailing from Europe..I had only seen OV, Island Escape, and thompson ships advertised.. and thought they'd be much cheaper than they were. They were asking around £1000 each. for a week in august. (due to the flights) I was totally shocked. When I was told to consider LOS, I thought it must be even more expensive..RC have such really stylish ships. I was so surprised when for less than £300 more..we could have 2 weeks..in a large ocean view cabin.

Cruising is definitely addictive..it is also the best and most relaxing holiday around. Hard to find someone who doesn't enjoy it. We actually sailed out of Southampton, alongside the QE 2 last summer. She also has a special meaning for me. I had watched her many times in Pt. Everglades coming and going when I lived there....I also queued to see her inaugral visit to the port..and had a special invitation to tour her. That Must have been around 1971..I think. She was the largest ship afloat then.

I came to England in 1981...the same year you traveled Transatlantic on her. I have never seen any ships since then...not until last summer...and there was my old friend the QE2. What a reunion.

I think your boys will enjoy Legend. there were loads of teen onboard last summer...and they seemed to have a lot for them to do onboard. there is a teen disco..lounge..video..arcade and games area etc. But next year will be really fantastic for them on the Navigator. you definitely have done the right thing. Nothing is more important... than time spent together. You just can't put a price on the fantastic things you will see and do.... and all the wonderful memories.

It is Especially true at our age...if we don't take the kids now..there might not be another chance for us to all go together. I don't expect to see a lot of them..mainly at meals. But it will be wonderful to watch them having fun...and to show them around the Med. I only wish my son and family could join us..but our little granddaughter has a heart problem and can't travel at present. They are wonderful kids.

So long for now.. Heather..regards Carol

PS/ Here is my Email...Dannygodfrey@hotmail.co.uk That way we can keep in touch...but I am no longer hogging up this cc board.

Hello everyone!

Have just taken my first look a prices for 2007, they seem a lot more pricey and a fewer options for shorter cruises (i.e. none on Brilliance - my favourite ship!!), does anyone feel the same?

Will have to work longer hours but all will be worth it - no doubts at all.

Rachelandfamily

RCI is advertising new ports including Casablanca and Split:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/featuredCruises/deployment.do?topic=email&subTopic=NewDeplmnt&requestor=arn

I haven't found any released itineraries which include either. Is it possible not all European cruises have been release yet for 2007? Seems kind of early to be promoting 2008 when 2007 cruises were just released.

I am interested in a Med Venice cruise on the Brilliance during the summer of 2007 (Barc to Barc). I noticed that there is one date (6/2) when the itinerary is slightly different......Cannes instead of Nice. What would be the purpose of having one cruise different by only one stop???? Is there a big weather difference between a June 2 cruise and Sept 6th cruise? I know there is a bit of a price difference. Thanks for any input!

Karen

I completely agree about the Navigator prices! And since they came out first I was really worried about what other Mediterranean prices would be but I am extremely pleased with the price we got for Voyager in Oct 07. We got a JS for $600 p/p less than what we originally booked our upcoming Alaska cruise JS for (before applying onboard credit and C&A discount). And friends who are joining us are paying less p/p for a Promenade cabin than they paid for a recent spring break cruise inside cabin on Rhapsody. So we are all happy! :D

In May of 2004 we paid $3752 through an online discounter for the BOS 12 night Venice med cruise on October 15th, 2005. On April 20th I moved a previously booked cruise (booked onboard and paid the deposit for the onboard credit) to the exact same cruise booking the exact same cabin. The price this time, booking directly through RCI and getting no discount was $4,346. That's $594 more or $283.50 more per person two year later.

That would be a 15% increase if we were comparing apples to apples but, the first time I received a rebate of a portion of the comissions so It's probably not that much. Considering what the price of gasoline has done since 2004 I don't feel that the prices are all that much higher.

The Baltic cruise was expensive in 2004 as well. I looked at it because I thought St. Petersburg Russia would be a very interesting port. My thoughts were that cruising would be the only way I ever get to see Russia but, the prices were to high then too.

Could be they could't get into Villefranche (Nice) on that date for some reason. Perhaps to many ships would be in port at once? It could also be a date when things are closed down for some reason or another and shore excursions would be non-exisitant. I'm sure there are several other reasons as well.

When prices came out I initially eliminated Navigator in med 07 as they appeared very high compared to my legend of the seas cruise this summer. However, got lots of quotes from lots of sources for P&O, Ocean Village, Carnival and they too were on the high side. So tried Navigator and managed to get a good deal ~ only £100 each more compared to this year , similar 14 day med itinery from S'hampton and ? better ship. It pays to shop around, my final price was about £700 cheaper than some other travel agents. We also got free parking.

HI MISS MENTAL:)

Booked on Navigator 28 of July.

Just came back from western caribbean on voyager could not wait to book another cruise!!!

Two sons aged 17 and 13 will be coming with us,we are from Warrington ,near Manchester

Hi gedam,

We are from Derby ~ me, hubby and sons age 16 & 13. Some friends of mine have also booked, they also have kids of similar ages! The Navigator looks amazing. I couldn't resist booking.

Never been on RCI before but we are booked on Legend of the Seas 22 July 06 ~ we are v. excited! infact paid for it today! :)

Glad to meet you!

Archived