Freedom Of The Seas arrives in Hamburg

fg_hb

Hello everyone,

today morning the "Freedom Of The Seas" arrived in Hamburg. She went into the dock of the shiyard "Blohm & Voss" to get her makeup ready.

I have uploaded some photos to http://www.essorg.de/fots to share my views with you. The Freedom will stay until Saturday. From Saturday until Mondey there will be some final tests done in the Eastern Sea. She will return to Hamburg Monday 24th April. There will be a big party for her. Tuesday 25th of April she will gi to her first cruise to Oslo.

Enjoy the pics

Frank

pic.jpg.4b58759697832c67cf76747b1e4b35d3.jpg

Frank,

Thanks so much!!!

This picture has me really curious http://www.essorg.de/fots/page18.htm

It almost looks like there are sliding balcony dividers (which are currently all in the open position). Pretty nifty solution if it is as it appears to be.

Tracy

I am wondering if they are just in the open position to facilitate the finish-off process and will be closed later? Would be cool if you could open/close them whenever you wanted though. We shall see...

Also, is it me or are these balconies deeper and the sliding doors larger? Anyway, this looks to be an awesome ship and will look even better after she (as Frank says) "gets her makeup done" :D

Thank you Frank for posting those pics. Today has been a wonderful day. Woke up this morning to pics of the Freedom and I haven't gotten anything done today except look at pics. It's been wonderful. I can't wait to "Get Out There".

Linda

I am wondering if they are just in the open position to facilitate the finish-off process and will be closed later? Would be cool if you could open/close them whenever you wanted though. We shall see...

Also, is it me or are these balconies deeper and the sliding doors larger? Anyway, this looks to be an awesome ship and will look even better after she (as Frank says) "gets her makeup done" :D

Yes, they are deeper. They are quite a bit larger than Voyager class ships.

Mariner D1 Balcony = 46 sqft.

Freedom D1 Balcony = 74 sqft. Almost 30 sqft larger.

Great pictures! How come the exterior of the ship appears brown and dirty in some spots? Will it be repainted? Can't wait to view the interior soon :D .

-Matt

They will finish painting the ship in Germany.

Thank you, now if I can only get an answer about what is covering the balcony glass under the whirlpools. I hope they can remove what is there, or I can see through it. And it looks like decks 8,9,10 bump out under the whirlpools. Love the sliding door of the balcony.

Tracy,

Did you mention on one of these posts that you knew someone on Freedom? If you do, do you have any idea if they will have any free time when they are doing the pre-inaugural cruises in NY, Boston and Miami? Any info you can provide would be great. Thanks so much!

Kellbell,

I saw a close-up pic on one of the many new FR picture sites, and you can definitely see through it. It is some sort of reflective film and it's transparent.

Viclo,

Yes, I have a friend onboard. Haven't heard from him since before they left Finland though. He wasn't sure when we last talked what the final schedule would be.

When I hear more, I will be sure to let you know...but I'm not sure how much notice they will get if they DO get time off the ship. Seems to be a very busy and aggressive pre-inaugural schedule.

Tracy

Hi again,

today I found a link to a little movie showing the departure of the Freedom Of The Seas. Unfortunately it's also in German.

http://www.faz.net/s/RubCD175863466D41BB9A6A93D460B81174/Doc~E3385AEA074C44785AA8279F8C637207C~ATpl~Ecommon~Sav~Amed~E495117324A6948B88CC92A64B517226C~Alk~Evideo~Sreuters~S250406kreuzfahrt_l~Pwmv~Aplay~Evideo~Aext~E~PV_H.html

It's an awful long link, but it works :)

Have fun

Frank

Hi again,

today I found a link to a little movie showing the departure of the Freedom Of The Seas. Unfortunately it's also in German.

http://www.faz.net/s/RubCD175863466D41BB9A6A93D460B81174/Doc~E3385AEA074C44785AA8279F8C637207C~ATpl~Ecommon~Sav~Amed~E495117324A6948B88CC92A64B517226C~Alk~Evideo~Sreuters~S250406kreuzfahrt_l~Pwmv~Aplay~Evideo~Aext~E~PV_H.html

It's an awful long link, but it works :)

Have fun

Frank

thank u so much for sharing! she looks awesome! :D :D

Archived