Home after 15 days on Infinity

npb

Everything was beyond our expectations -- The ports, service, entertainment and especially the food.

We did not hear anyone complain about anything or compare it negatively to Princess, HAL or any other line -- a first after 20+ cruises.

This was our first time on Celebrity and we have absolutely no regrets.

The food was excellent and even on a 15 day cruise there were very few repeats unless you requested one (yes you can do that).

We usually don't go to many of the shows but we really enjoyed the very broad selection of entertainment Celebrity had to offer. The shows touch on cultures from all over the world and there was something for everyone (from comedians to jugglers to classical orchestras). The cruise director (Damien) does a wonderful job.

The ship is classy and elegant and the crew will bend over backwards to make sure you enjoy every minute of your cruise.

We would sail Infinity again in a heartbeat.

I just got off the infinity also and this was the second time I was on celebrity. But since I had gone on 5 r.c cruises I got a lot of perks. The entertainment was outstanding everynite the shows got better. Damien was a class act and he was one of the first cd that I have had that did not sing or dance ect. And I loved having all the computer classes and you were able to put your pictures on ships computer and at the end for $15 they burned you a dvd. The ship was in top shape also just coming out of dry dock and everyone on the staff was just great. I will write a review soon maybe by week end these are just a few thoughts.

We also were with the others on a 15 day Panama Canal Cruise on Infinity which was straight to us from dry dock. A few minor changes, such as rearranged Emporium, lots of new carpet here and there, and that which wasn't new had been really scrubbed and everything was spic 'n span clean. Every thing that can be good on a cruise was GREAT !:):) One of the nice things was a really good group of Cruise Critics that had been very active on our thread, in fact it still is ! We are still booking on Infinity and will sail her again in 6 months to Hawaii. This should be a good indication of her! :cool:

yes it is me we just got back from the Infinity cruise thru the canal and it was great I am going to write a review over weekend. We had a great group of people also. I think that are going to be going thru canal also next APRIL I am not sure if it is the Infinity or Summit. We have friends that will be going on her I will ask them.

Good to hear all the possitive feedback from experienced cruisers. We are on Infinity in September (15 nights trans canal). This thread will increase our expectations, but we feel confident now, that X will exceed them.

Looking forward to any reviews. Thankyou.

We went with another couple were on the Panama cruise. It was wonderful and up to X standards. Also was on Infinity in Sept for Alaska cruise. Weather was good actually hot and humid is someplaces but bearable. Better than the constant Northern Calif rains. So nice to finish cruise 90 miles from home. We were home by 1pm.

The best part of all celebrity cruises is the staff. Everyone of them is friendly and acknowledges you as they pass you.

Only downside and it is minor is the tables and chairs in the spa cafe rock. Chairs are missing some of the plastic feet and tables need some kind of spacers. Napkins work on the tables and the staff there tries hard to make them not rock.

We had a couple of excursions cancelled for lack of participation but got immediate credit to our account.

The United States specialty restaurant is well worth the extra money. For your first time I recommend taking the addtional cost meal that includes the wine paring. Then go back the one of the other formal nights for just dinner. Plan on 2 and half +++++ hours for dinner.

This was our third cruise with X and not our last, next one is 4-29-07 to the Galapagos. Really looking forward to this. On this board has been a great help with information.

Feel free to send me note with any questions.

mike & emily:):)

yes it is me we just got back from the Infinity cruise thru the canal and it was great I am going to write a review over weekend. We had a great group of people also. I think that are going to be going thru canal also next APRIL I am not sure if it is the Infinity or Summit. We have friends that will be going on her I will ask them.

Guess who ?? Yep, we are on Summit 4/14/07 ! Check out the thread and especially Newhips' web site ! :D You'll see our smiling faces :o:o:o no laughing please !

We too were on this cruise.

We were first time Celebrity cruisers after 5 cruises on Princess. The products seem very comparable except for the service.....we have always had excellent service on each of our Princess cruises but the service on Infinity was exceptional. I have nothing but praise for every member of staff we encountered throughout the cruise.

Our next cruise will back with Princess (booked several months ago) but we will certainly return to Celebrity when the dates and itineraries allow.

Lynne

Archived