New roll call for "The Gilligan's Island"--Sept. 16-19

Martha B.

Called the line on Friday and my cabin has indeed been assigned. Practically the same balcony cabin as my last sailing .

Looking forward to the sailing

Ira

BamBam,

Welcome neighbor ! You will enjoy Seaborn. Only problem I see that it's just 3 days.

We are just next door, cabin 312

I guess we will see you both at the "post muster drill party"

Ira & Marta

BTW: All present here are required to attend the PMDP

AND my good friends from North Carolina are in suite #310! Enjoy your balconies! I'll be down a deck.......enjoyin' my French balcony!

'Yall remember to bring a crazy birthday hat and a 'lit inexpensive gag gift!

See 'ya after the muster drill in the Sky Bar! It will be very exciting sailing from New York with our band playing and the champagne flutes clinking!

Happy Sailing!

MB

What a nice group we are turning out to be. How many of you are coming into NYC before - or are staying afterwards? I will be spending one night prior, having dinner with good friends and then power shopping in the morning before embarking the glorious Pride.

And yes Martha - everyone should be thinking of a gag gift - hhmm I wonder if I can sneak Minnie and Mickey on board......but then again, The Disney Company may have a problem with them standing up top with all of us, champagne flute in hand!

• 2 weeks later...

I live in CT so I'll just be driving down on Thursday. We do plan on hanging out in the city on Sunday though before heading home.

I'm starting to get really excited. Even though it's only three days, I think my first taste of Seabourne is going to leave me wanting more!

Okay, as a Seabourn newbie I'm excited about something silly. My travel agent just called to say she has my cruise documents and the presentation was so special (some kind of box) that she didn't want to break it up to send my friend and I our individual documents. *She said we had to see it to believe it.* So she's sending it to my office and we'll open it together. It's like Christmas!!

I just received my little box yesterday and as a fellow Seabourn newbie it was quite impressive. I won't spoil the surprise for you but let us know what you think when you open it.

I'm heading into N.Y. a day early also to nosh with friends and power shop.

Who will be wearing their crazy hat at muster drill? Anyone brave enough?

Pat

Ah Pat - you know I will be wearing my hat - or rather Tiara - you will get a great kick out of it. Perhaps we can share.....anything for you :)

IBK - You have been quiet. I hope Charley didnt wreck havoc on you.

And Bambam - I too are cruising Seabourn for the first time. I definetly think we will all be spoiled.......

Lovercruising, Yes Charlie caused quite a few problems here in Winter Park.

Had no power for 9 days. ( and still no cable or roadrunner service)

We stayed downtown at the Western.

We are flying out two weeks Tuesday and staying in the city. Received my travel docs last week, Nice touch.

As far as the hat goes, I'm not a hat guy, maybe I talk Marta into wearing one.

see you soon

IBk

Okay, as a Seabourn newbie I'm excited about something silly. My travel agent just called to say she has my cruise documents and the presentation was so special (some kind of box) that she didn't want to break it up to send my friend and I our individual documents. *She said we had to see it to believe it.* So she's sending it to my office and we'll open it together. It's like Christmas!!

Maybe there's a Burberry scarf in the box. *sigh* :(

IBK, sorry that you and Marta have been going through so much. Charley definitely effected so many people in your area. Here in the Dr Phillips area we were effected, but not nearly as bad as you folks did. I am sure that this cruise isnt coming sooner for you two - after all you have been through you definitely need a glorious cruise.

As our Martha says - see everyone topside!!!

Ah Pat - you know I will be wearing my hat - or rather Tiara - you will get a great kick out of it. Perhaps we can share.....anything for you :)

Hey Eva, the hat is the easy part......... it's trying to figure out that gag gift that has me stumped.

Martha is incognito these days (hope that she remembers to leave some goodies for us). We have our gag gifts & hats ready to go for the 3-day party which is coming up real soon.

We are looking forward to meeting up with all the CruiseCritic & Gilligan’s Island regulars!

Take Care,

Adolfo

Ok, here we are waiting for round three without power. My question: If I am unable to meet the boat due to the hurricane or airport closures any possible relief with regards to a refund?

No insurance was purchased, I think I know the answer. I am still planning to join you all. Will fly in Thursday am, However I can't leave my family ( 3 Kids) without power.

IBK

IBK, I know what you are going through. Between Charley and Frances gosh do all of us Floridians need this cruise. I am supposed to fly out Wednesday morning and hopefully can stay on track. I may just aim for Thursday and call Delta and switch the flight to then. I dont blame you for not wanting to leave your kids without power, as I am seriously thinking that if Ivan hits my family would need me more here........

Keep watching the weather and lets hope. My biggest fear now is flooding, as the ground by our home is saturated and the lake by our house is the highest I have ever seen.

Americian Airlines are offering to change flights without charge I am sue Delta is as well.

Another concern, What will the weather be like with a storm looming ?

does is sail in the open ocean, or the sound ?

IBK

Delta said no charge for the change for my flight - so that is a good thing. And I think Adolfo was on the cruise last year. I dont think it sails in open ocean but stays in the LI Sound, and the Hudson river.

Lets hope Ivan doesnt head here - but sadly it doesnt look like that is the case.

Hi Eva:

Past Gilligan’s Island itineraries have consisted of:

Day 1

Embark NYC and go outside the 3-mile zone so that gamblers can do their thang.

Day 2

Go around the south shore of Long Island, into the LI Sound, down the East River and out to sea for gambling. EXCEPT for the October 2002 sailing when the weather was predicted to be rough that evening. We instead did an overnight in NY Harbor next to the Statue of Liberty!

Day 3

Up and down the Hudson to West Point then out to sea again.

Day 4

Disembarkation.

Regards & see you Thursday!

Adolfo

Adolfo2: thanks for the itinerary. Florida friends don't give up hope yet and who could blame you staying home if this hurricane hits you people. I'm just hoping and praying that it heads somewhere else, preferably out to sea. I suggest we all bring our rain gear as if it stays on course for the eastern U.S. then the remnants should arrive around Wednesday or Thursday and dump lots of rain on our cruise. Last week's remnants of Hurricane Frances arrived in New York on Wednesday. A New York friend of mine said some of the subways were flooded. Enough hurricanes already! Keep the faith and chin up Florida friends.

Adolfo - thanks for the itin of our glorious cruise - now if only I can get out of Orlando and get to the ship. I am prob changing my flight this morning to have me come in on Thursday as opposed to Wednesday. If Ivan hits FL he is scheduled here for Tues morning... so I would guess the airports would be closed.

All I keep thinking of is that old saying - Three strikes and your out!! ARG!!

Archived