An Hotels in Boston

China Doll

Depends on how long you are going to stay and what you would like to do in Boston.

The Seaport Hotel is close to the pier and, for Boston, reasonably priced. But, not convenient to much else. If you plan on doing any Boston sightseeing, I would recommend something in the Back Bay. I love the Hotel Commonwealth at the Fenway Park end of Commonwealth Ave. Although for convenience I would suggest something in Copley Square or near the Prudential Center.

Boston Hotels can be pricey. Priceline might help. I would choose downtown or waterfront (near Fanueil Hall area). Marriott Copley Place or waterfront, Hyatt airport, Seaport are all good properties. Copley Square is central to walking around beantown. Many hotels are historic- read small rooms at high prices.

Bon Voyage

Boston Hotels can be pricey. Priceline might help. I would choose downtown or waterfront (near Fanueil Hall area). Marriott Copley Place or waterfront, Hyatt airport, Seaport are all good properties. Copley Square is central to walking around beantown. Many hotels are historic- read small rooms at high prices.

Bon Voyage

I think Nanatravel gives you good advice. You want to wake up, and not worry about a traffic jam getting to the pier especially if the Red Sox are in town . . . . One thing I would recommend is to take a trolley tour or duck tour of Boston since you want to see Boston but will only be there one day. I am sure you can pick up a tour at Fanueil Hall.

My daughter is a student at Boston U., and what I do is check the hotel chains websites directly, many times they have special internet direct deals.

China doll, you know that the Hyatt Harborside is located at the airport.

It is a very nice hotel and they do have a shuttle from the terminals.

You are about a 15 minute ride to the pier, depending on traffic and day.:rolleyes:

Suggest you pick restaurants on "this" side of town. There are some very good ones, depending on what you like.

Keysha, the Hyatt us a great hotel. I have actually stayed their pre-flight. As mentioned, it is considered an airport hotel. They did have an airport shuttle bus, which will save your taxi fare. For ease of touring, if the shuttle will not take you (ask the conceriege), take a taxi to Fanuiel Hall. You can walk around there, walk to get on the Trolley tour which I also highly recommend. We also took this tour when we had guests from England and we learned so much plus saved our energy. You can get on and off at many stops which makes it very economical to see a lot in a limited amount of time.

At Fanueil Hall area, Durgin Park (2nd. floor of Left Building) is a historic landmark to eat. It is not fancy but its old time Bostonian service. If you like seafood and time allows, a meal at the No-Name restaurant on the Fish pier is another good casual choice and a landmark. Its not far from Black Falcon pier. Don't waste your money or time at Cheers. Its a tourist trip. Get off the trolley near the Prudential Building and take the elevator to the top HUB for terrific views of the city. I don't go into the city much (traffic & parking). Hope to get in on May 19 to see the Freedom of the Seas.

Bon Voyage

Archived