OK...All my Monarch pictures are posted

I loved all of your photos! Somewhere in the back of my mind I was thinking, "I probably shouldn't be looking at all of these" since we're due to sail on the Monarch in about 9 days for the first time. But I couldn't pull myself away, I looked at all of them! You're a fabulous photographer!! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Well, after reading all the comments on here (so many people helped get me ready) and I had so many questions left I thought I'd put the pics up to answer many of them. The ship is gorgeous and in great shape as you can see. The city had lots to offer so don't stay on the boat.

As for the zoom lens......:rolleyes: :p

Thanks for the compliments!

HAPPY SAILING, EVERYONE!!:D

Carol (Merion Mom), there are a couple of good shots of Dueling Pianos (118, 158), FYI ;)

SakeDad, thanks for the great pix! I did this cruise in Dec and am back on her in just over a week. Good memories. What camera/film speed did you use, if I may ask? Thanks, again!!! ~ Lorna

SakeDad, thanks for the great pix! I did this cruise in Dec and am back on her in just over a week. Good memories. What camera/film speed did you use, if I may ask? Thanks, again!!! ~ Lorna

Hi Lorna! Thanks....actually I was a big 35mm fan until I discovered a great digital camera! I use the Panasonic FZ20. I can take as many pics as I want and it costs the same if I take 2 or 2000!!! The real trick is learning how to post-process your pics in Photoshop or some other program. Digital pics never come out as you shot them, like 35mm does. But once you learn how to work with them they can actually ber BETTER than 35mm (something I thought I'd NEVER say!:eek: ) My biggest problem is remembering to change the settings from indoors to outdoors:p Also, I now only have to use one lens (36mm-432mm) where with my 35mm camera I had to carry 3 lenses and a big camera bag! NO MORE!

Thanks for looking and commenting, it makes me know it was worth the effort:D

Nathan

We love our Lumix too! We tried out the Minolta DiMAGE but took it back after a couple days. Too much post processing. yuk!

Dig really takes some getting used to and we STILL find it hard to leave the SLR and lenses behind when we go somewhere....but all the great shots seem to come from the digital.

Happy Cruising!

I haven't gotten through all of them yet, I will, but they are really great pictures.

I have to post about the picture you captioned:

Kind of like God saying "Have a nice trip"

You must enter that in a photo contest somewhere. It is awesome!!!

I tried to leave a comment but it didn't show up.:confused:

Thank you for posting your amazing pictures! I felt like I was right there with you.

I'll have to find your thread about the family in the bar, sounds like an interesting story. ;)

We'll also be in a JS, a few doors down from yours, when we finally sail. My question is, are all the life boats spaced that far apart or was yours "special"? I wonder what rooms get the gap view. No biggie, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks again! :)

Alexis, you're comment came through...THANKS!

MommeetoEm, that was a "special" spacing as most of the lifeboats are only a couple of feet apart. And the rest of the JS look right down ON the lifeboats....we were extremely lucky to have that cabin.

Thanks for the great pictures! I am booked on the Monarch for the Thanksgiving weekend sailing. I am also going to Cabo and Ensenada the month before on the Serenade. I hadn't added the Monarch sailing to my cruise counter because I hadn't fully decided, but your pictures may have convinced me! Looks like a great ship and a great time. Thanks again!

Fun pictures, have us all raring to go .. but i was wondering what happened to the separate open at your own risk thread of Quest Pictures you were gonna post ???

Kathy

Kathy, just go to my galleries at www.sakedad.smugmug.com and you can find it there.

Lovadona....you'll have a great time if you do the Monarch, we loved it.

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful photos. Oh, my next cruise is too far away!

Yes, that Have a Nice Trip photo should indeed go into some photo show or contest. It is beautiful.

Leslie

Sakedad : Your photos are just great. Your photo speak that which we all see and think on board and you are able to actually photograph. Thank you!

Thanks! I have non-photographer friends who keep asking if I "saw anything" on my trips as I seem to constantly have the camera at my eye. I can't get them to understand I probably see more than most do as I'm trying to "capture" the moments so I can share them and remember them later. :D And when I get senile and forget where I've been, I have the pictures to remind me.:rolleyes:

Thanks! I have non-photographer friends who keep asking if I "saw anything" on my trips as I seem to constantly have the camera at my eye. I can't get them to understand I probably see more than most do as I'm trying to "capture" the moments so I can share them and remember them later. :D And when I get senile and forget where I've been, I have the pictures to remind me.:rolleyes:

That is true if you can remember where you put the pictures, or even remember that you took pictures.:D ;)

They are all very beautiful. You are very good at "seeing the special things."

I tried to buy the one titled, Kind of like God saying "Have a nice trip"

(only for myself to look at) but I did not know what I was doing, so I backed out. Am I allowed to do that?

I can print one up for you....send me your contact info @ vegasplay at cox.net and I will contact you.

Thanks

Thank you so much for the offer, but it would be fine for me to get one on the site if it is allowed. I was not sure if the "purchase offer" was for anyone to buy a copy or just you? On there it was only 19 cents and I think I can print it out? :confused:

I do have a photo printer and correct paper to do it.

Archived