Never Again On Zenith

Faith/Hope/Charity

Masha...i don't want to get into the whole discussion of race but just so you know...Most of Celebrity's top officers and the Captain are Greek. The rest of the ship (Zenith) is represented by over 40 different nations. And this is part of the attraction of X for us...we love meeting people from all over the world.

Have a great cruise :D

We, too, love the fact that we get to cruise and to meet with people from all over the world. And while some may doubt that the statement about people from "third world" countries may not be "as neat and tidy as us" may be racist, it certainly is xenophobic as all get out. We should expect first class service from all people, no matter where they came from; conversly, we should not assume that a lackof first class service has anything to do with where people came from. This is the third time I've read such xenophobia on these boards (in different threads), and frankly, it saddens me.

I feel bad they did not offer to fax you a copy of whatever response letter they said they sent to you.

Did you ever get the letter in the mail?

I just got off the Zenith and had a most wonderful time.

Took an outrageous number of pics.....

Our room was fine EXCEPT there was some mold around a grab bar, to the right of the shampoo dispenser on the wall, on the wall just around the soap dish area, and very low where there is a gap in the tiling (hard to explain but it was not on the floor. Yep, I have pics....

Nothing on the shower curtain.

Since I was in the shower, I tried using a washcloth and some of my dish soap....I scrubbed and nothing came off.....So since it was not on a surface I would be touching anyway, I never got crazy about it.

Another cruiser & I compared notes and she had the same thing in her bathroom...mold around some isolated parts of the shower wall where the surface was uneven. She also was unable to scrub it off.....so like me, she just chose to let it go....

I did not realize that my cabin attendant did not also do the bathrom until one day she asked our permission to check our bathroom to make sure

the daily chores in there were done.

She was absolutely wonderful & I miss her already!!!!

Bernadette

OK, there's really no defense for having a filthy room or mold in the bathroom. However, we just came back and they let us stay in the room till about 10 am on the last day. If the new crowd comes in about 1 pm, that doesn't leave them a lot of time to clean. So I can see how some mold in the corner can be overlooked. Also, there's more than one person doing the cleaning, so as with any job if the steward trusts his subordinates to do their part and doesn't check after them, there could definitely be a problem.

Our room was 4083, very nicely cleaned at least 2x per day. I brought disinfectant wipes but didn't need to use them at all.

• 2 months later...
I had a letter from Celebrity today saying that we could use the two $150.00 vouchers on either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, and for a cruise up to seven nights in length. The vouchers themselves said five nights/Celebrity only. This would have really limited the choices.

Have been following your thread for some time.

I am surprised and disappointed that Celebrity was not more forthcoming on a proper response and credit.

DEAN

Personally, my smiling face would have been in front of the Hotel Manager about 15 seconds after seeing the condition (as described) of that cabin.

If it was as bad as OP inidcated......I would have dragged the mattress and mattress cover up to the Hotel Manager.

I personally think there are two reasons why Celebrity does not maintain Zenith as well as the rest of its fleet. For one, its lack of balconies, as well as other amenities, has a negative impact on what most people are willing to pay for a cruise on this ship. Secondly, Celebrity will probably sell Zenith as soon as one of its new ships are built and in service, so they are just doing the minimum to keep it afloat until then.

HI,

I am a true and loyal X- Fan, on all my 5 cruises with X something like that did never happend to me.

First of all, things like that ( filt, and dirty....) should not happen, but it always can happen that one get´s a lousy, lazy, careless cabin attendent! I am not familiar with their controlling system, but I am sure there is someone to check the work of the Cabin Attendant from time to time.

I would first tell and show my CA all the " problems" , then if that will not work I would go imidiatley to Guest Relations. Dirty bathrooms and cabins and even worse, dirty toilets are absolutley unaceptable, even if we consider X- as a 5 Star Cruise Line. I cruise with QE 2- as we all know the ship is about 40 years old- it was extremly clean, worn of course, worn has nothing to do with clean or dirty!

It´s is good and okay for me to read things like that. These boards are called " cruise- critic" if I got it right! No one should getting blamed when posting a negative " critic" . Sure there are some reall complainers about everything- for some people the glas always is half empthy..., but even when cruising X - you can have an experience like that. NOBODY IS PERFECT!

After reading a critic like that, I am a bit more " prepared" when I find my cabin in this state of dirt and can handle the situation easier.

Happy Cruising to all!

Michael

PS: Sorry for my mistakes in the language!

I like most thought this thread went away...:rolleyes:

My hope is that it will keep coming back to the top of the Celebrity Board until our fellow cruise critic gets a proper explanation and credit from Celebirty

DEAN

Thank you so much for responding the way you did. Unlike your cabin, our mildew wasn't beneath the grout, and could have been easily washed off. I'm glad the other people who have responded with such negative and nasty attitudes have always had the good fortune to have a clean cabin. I hope they never have a cabin like we did, but like you have pointed out it happens.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I too am a Celebrity fan but bad experiences happen...even on Celebrity. I am most appreciative of the responses of what others would have done differently. That is what makes these boards rich! Amy

Archived