Rhapsody Of The Seas questions

CSohio

Galaxy not targeted to return. Celebrity fills the ship but only after discounting. Onboard spending levels are way below Fla or San Juan departures.

When Celebrity expands their fleet in a few years, they may reconsider.

Hi Nitra: Are you ready? I am!!!

Hi Bonnie: Yes, I plan to sail on the Voyager sometime in spring 2008. We have to try a large RCI ship. Good thing is, the Rhapsody will still be sailing the summer season in Galveston...so she will not be gone from Galveston forever.

Fausto

Yikes I know I replied to Fausto's post but when I clicked this thread in my fave places I found an unfinished reply box waiting to be sent. Confusing? Welcome to my world.

We're looking to sail in 2008 and now have a dilemna. The Rhapsody, a tried and true fabulous cruise experience, or the Voyager, bigger, or maybe too big??? I would love to experience the Promenade and I have to get out of this July cruise mode. Islands are oftentimes too hot to enjoy and I won't mention the amount of kids and teens on summer cruises. Oops I just mentioned it :eek: DH's business travel is ever changing and I see a spring cruise in our future! Fausto I sure would love to cruise with the guy that turned me onto the Rhapsody!

Yikes I know I replied to Fausto's post but when I clicked this thread in my fave places I found an unfinished reply box waiting to be sent. Confusing? Welcome to my world.

We're looking to sail in 2008 and now have a dilemna. The Rhapsody, a tried and true fabulous cruise experience, or the Voyager, bigger, or maybe too big??? I would love to experience the Promenade and I have to get out of this July cruise mode. Islands are oftentimes too hot to enjoy and I won't mention the amount of kids and teens on summer cruises. Oops I just mentioned it :eek: DH's business travel is ever changing and I see a spring cruise in our future! Fausto I sure would love to cruise with the guy that turned me onto the Rhapsody!

I have done both and personally the Promenade is highly overrated, the cabins are smaller, IMHO, and unless you are into all the stuff like rock climbing, inline skating, ice skating, etc, it is not worth it. I never saw the ice skating, never made it to half of the ship, found the whole experience not up to par but that is me. You might love it. Im sure if I were on there with Fausto, Brian and the gang it would be loads of fun. Maybe I can put us a small group together for spring of 2008 on the Rhapsody at least, you can free up one May for us, heck do like I do and leave DH behind! Tell him go now or Im going without you! Im working on getting away from the fall cruising thing, just too risky with hurricanes and summer is out due to costs and kids, I prefer not to cruise with a lot of kids, some are fine but when they over run the ship, I will pass.

We leave Sunday!!!!!!!

Galaxy not targeted to return. Celebrity fills the ship but only after discounting. Onboard spending levels are way below Fla or San Juan departures.

When Celebrity expands their fleet in a few years, they may reconsider.

Jim

Where did you get your information? I don't doubt it, just how can it be confirmed. The fact that Texas economy is better than FLA makes me wonder. Does the fact Texans can only bring one bottle of liquor effect overall ship sales? I just purchased 100 sh of RCL so I was wondering where you are finding the sales numbers. Thanks.

Can someone advise me what would be the best airport to fly into from Philadelphia, were thinking about cruising out of there next summer but are clueless about which airport is the closest. Thanks!!!

Hobby is the closest, about 45 minutes to an hour from Galveston. Southwest and AirTran fly into there, as do a few of the major carriers.

George Bush (IAH) is about 1-1/2 to 2 hours from the port. There are more choices of flights into here as this is where the major carriers fly into and out of.

Hey Nitra and Fausta,

Jeff and Carol here. We were with you on The Rhapsody last October. We were with our daughter and her friend, Candace and Meredith.

Have been on the Navigator and Caribbean Princess since then. Really liked the Navigator better than the Voyager.

Did not like the CP very much. That was the hardest ship to get around on I have ever seen. The cabin was beautiful though. We just got back from that cruise. We do love St Thomas and St Martin.

We are looking froward to getting back on the Rhapsody in December. We also have it booked in April of next year. Just love that ship. Hate to see her go. Best crew of any ship we have been on, which includes 10 cruises.

Hope we get to see you again.

Jeff

I couldn't agree more with everyone on this thread. We have been on 8 cruises (princess, carnival, RCCL, and Disney). We cruise the Rhapsody last October and it was my favorite cruise. Went on Disney Magic in March and it was very good, but there is something about the Rhapsody that I have never experienced on any other ship. People all seem happy and relaxed. I am going back this October. Can't Wait!! Hopefully the weather will hold out. Last October we barely made it, right in between hurricanes.

I didn't know she was scheduled to go anywhere. So whats happening?

MY kids (45 & 47) talked me into going on the Freedom with them and I wish I was more excited. Big is not always better but since I love all ships it will be fine.

The Rhapsody is my favorite ship and have had the times of my life on her.

As you can tell by my name(spelled wrong on purpose)

Please let me know what the plans are for her. Thanks for any information you have

Lois

Yes, I second that last post. THis is the first I've heard of Rhapsody "going" anywhere. I heard Voyager was coming but we're not interested in a giant ship. We go back and forth between Rhapsody and Celebrity Millennium (even though Millie is larger, the passenger count is not much larger). I'm shocked RCCL would move Rhapsody - it's been such a cash cow for them. Even with Voyager arriving we don't want a 3000 passenger ship. We plan on being on Rhapsody again 11/26/06!

This is my first time posting, just discovered this site. Great by the way!

My husband and I sailed for the first time in 2004 on The Rhapsody. It was wonderful. The staff was great, amazing how they remembered names. We are going again in Sept. and we both can't wait. THe only "worn" area we saw were the well traveled halls, but to me that just meant a lot of happy people walked those halls.

checked on the rccl site - looks like they are sending her to New Orleans in late 2007 or early 2008. Seems like a bad move but I guess they are expecting everyone to switch over to Voyager. Unfortunately the prices will reflect the newer ship rates.

I had heard the Rhapsody would be going to New Orleans, but not sure where I read that. I think it was on CC.

If someone knows for sure please let me know.

Dec 17th 2007 is her first cruise out of New Orleans. She'll shift back to Galveston when Voyager goes to Europe for the summer.

We sailed Rhapsody for the first time Nov. 03 and are going again Nov.19th. We've been on Carnival, and Disney Wonder. Carnival I really didn't care for much, but hey a cruise is a crusie and it's impossible not to have a good time onboard any ship! Disney was wonderful! But I agree, there is something very special about Rhapsody. The're was one waiter.. never forget him. Mahammad Ali..just like the fighter...Sweetest guy! In Key West my daughter and I were wanting to call home and talk to our hubbies. I had forgotten my cell phone charger so were waiting in a very long to use the pay phones at the pier. The crew were lined up to call their families. Mahammad let us use his cell to call home. This is only one of the many things we remember about the friendly crew and staff. I was dissapointed to hear she is leaving Galveston. I also am not sure if I want to try the Voyager. Like Nitro, I like to pop into our cabin and not spend all my time walking the miles of hallways. It's been three years since we were on Rhapsody, but I know when we board her, we will be able to go directly to anyplace we want without standing around thinking which way do I go.or wandering about hoping to "run across" what we are looking for. Has anyone heard that Rhapsody was eventually going to New York to sail the Burmuda itinerary? I know I read it somewhere but now I also read that Rhapsody will be returning to Galveston in the summer of 2008.

I'm so confused...lol

Bren

When we sailed the Voyager a few years ago it felt worn but when we sailed the Rhapsody this past March it did not feel worn at all. We loved the Rhapsody and hope to sail on her again.

Guest TRACKER1

Sorry to Intrude but me and my Wife love the Rhapsody Too and our 4th.cruise is coming up in October 15th 2006 we are looking forward to explore another ship but both of us love the smaller ones just when you get the ship down pat it changes!

My E-mail is robdog82@msn.com so e-mail us on the 23rd.of Oct and we will give you the inside and I will check into the future to see if Rhapsody will be coming back to Galveston!

Best Cruising to you and your families!

Robert&Annie

Guest TRACKER1

Hello there.

I belevive it's scheduled for Dry Dock then New Orleans I will be asking the Captain when I cruise about its destiny and if it will be coming back to Galveston,I get to visit with the Captain due to my Occupation one of the Perks I enjoy and I try to share them with my fellow cruisers when feasable!

Happy Sailings and may the Sun always shine on you and your loved ones and smooth sailings!

Archived