Just a few Question about this new board

marcyjane

Ok here goes. I have already after a look thought it would take me weeks to figure all this new stuff out.

Got my countdown, etc. back and working, but can anyone tell me how and why my posts have a edit button in the message post?:confused:

I do like the fact that we can type in different size print. After reading these post of a long time my eyes began to water and I get crosseyed!!!:o

Thanks

On the old board, you could edit your post up to 30 minutes after you originally posted it. I don't know if that time limit still stands, but you can use it to change the original post to include additional info, correct info, change the font size and color, etc.

The notifications weren't working last I heard.

Just had to try it out!

Happy Cruisin'!

Where is my Avatar? I went and uploaded it and it accepted it.

It's cool that you can edit the thread. I'm not the greatest speller and it's nice to be able to fix something.

My signature didn't show up either even though I have it checked to show it????

Back when the other board was operational I had several notifications set up - now with the new board these are gone. Is there a way to set up a notification on a thread without reposting to the thread?

If you post to a thread it becomes listed under the quick links (at the top)Subscribed Thread section. When you look at your subscribed threads there is an option to select notification.

I believe Laura said the notifications were turned off (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They will come later when things are more settled. I think they said we are currently operating in a BETA system.

Well, I probably will not be posting here much any more, if at all. I just do not like these new boards. I don't like the way they work and they look. And the petty part of me is very upset my post total went from 1104 to 33. I'm sorry, I cannot reconcile that fact that I see others with their totals being accurate from the previous board and mine is not. (As I said, petty.....)

So while I may visit from time to time, I don't see myself spending too much time here.

Well, I probably will not be posting here much any more, if at all. I just do not like these new boards. I don't like the way they work and they look. And the petty part of me is very upset my post total went from 1104 to 33. I'm sorry, I cannot reconcile that fact that I see others with their totals being accurate from the previous board and mine is not. (As I said, petty.....)

So while I may visit from time to time, I don't see myself spending too much time here.

No one's post count is correct unless they have registered in the last few months. Everyone who registered and posted before that lost those posts in the post count.

Sorry you don't like the new boards. Change is tough for everyone but the features and functionality of the new boards make them so much better for our users. I hope you reconsider!

While change isn't always a good thing I happen to like this one. There are so many more features that allow us, the user, to customize our experience here. One thing I just discovered is that I can place my mouse over the thread title and a box will show up with the exact wording of the first few lines of the post. That really helps when the title of the post is vague. I say kudos to Laura and all those involved in what I see as a positive change.

We'll I see that my edit button is gone now. Thanks for the info from everyone.

Also, I'm suppose to get emails to the threads that I have posted too!!, I'm not getting them anymore. I just went back and check my profile stuff and I have instant email check.

Is anyone else not getting email to there threads they post too???

Thanks

Kevin don't give up on Cruise Critic yet. I lost my post count too. I was a little bummed but it really doesn't matter to me now and I had over 5,000! LOL The more I use this board, the more I'm liking it. I have only one wish, is that they will change the default blue color to one that will contrast better against the background. It is really hard on my over 40 eyes. (no comment from the peanut gallery and I mean YOU, Host Kristi!) :D :p

I don't see where it lets you change the font size and color. I don't see where to add smilies in to the text, either. Where should I be looking for those options? Sometimes I'm amazed that I can figure out how to sign on.

InMN253, go to User CP then to edit options. At the bottom you have a choice of three (in a drop down box) styles. I have the Enhanced version chosen and it allows me to add smilies, change fonts, etc. :)

Archived