Viva El Gaucho!

:D What a great entertainer! My family still talks about him. We saw him on the Grandeur in August 2005. Does anyone know if by chance he will be performing on the Navigator this August? We would love to see him again on our 8/19/06 NOS trip!

What a pleasant surprise to see a thread about this performer! We have seen him three times on the Majesty and each time was as good as the first. He seems to be such a genuinely nice guy and is funny as all get out! I would love to see him again on one (or both!) of our upcoming (not upcoming fast enough) cruises.

I agree. My wife and I almost didn't go to the show the first night that we saw him on the Majesty. "Argentinian Cowboy" did not seem appealing.

But we went anyway and sat upstairs so we could sneak out mid-show.

Boy, were we glad we stayed. The best act I have ever seen on a cruise ship and I have sailed 8 times between RCCL and Carnival.

We were delighted to see him a second time and sat closer (but knew not to volunteer).

I would love to see him again on our Rhapsody sailing in August but I think he only entertains on ships that call on the Bahammas.

Thanks for posting this tread, what a nice memory you have brought back to me.

Charlie

I agree. My wife and I almost didn't go to the show the first night that we saw him on the Majesty. "Argentinian Cowboy" did not seem appealing.

I would love to see him again on our Rhapsody sailing in August but I think he only entertains on ships that call on the Bahamas

Charlie

We saw him on the Sovereign, he was great. I read a recent review of the Rhapsody and he was there. Hope he's still there in October!

Just got off of the Radiance 3 weeks ago - El Gaucho was one of the entertainers. He was great - talented and funny. Didn't get a chance to talk to him and didn't hear him say what his future plans were - but for now, he's on the Radiance.

He is now on the Splendour, Just got off the ship this last week and watched the show. Sounds like the sailing of 15th he is on there again and the week after that. Not sure if he moves after those shows or not.

• 5 years later...

just saw him on Serenade of the Seas (RCCL) 2/18/12 excellent show. Didn't know what to expect at all. His quick wit makes the show the guy could get up there and do ANTHING and I would have laughed just as hard. Really excellent entertainer!

just saw him on Serenade of the Seas (RCCL) 2/18/12 excellent show. Didn't know what to expect at all. His quick wit makes the show the guy could get up there and do ANTHING and I would have laughed just as hard. Really excellent entertainer!

We did a B2B on the Liberty Of The Seas March/April 2011. So we had the pleasure of seeing his show twice. We laughed just as hard the second time as the first.

We got off the Explorer on the 17th of Feb. One of our Entertainers were THE EL GAUCHO"S ! I'm wondering if they are his grown children since they were fairly young. Does anyone know ??? We have seen El Gaucho thru the years numerous times ... his shows are always great ! A Top Notch performer and a true Class Act!!

I saw El Gaucho on my Enchantment cruise in January 2006. The guy was amazing. As part of his act, he had these balls attached to strings, and he would swing them around in all sorts of ways. At one point, he pulled up from the audience an Asian man whose hair stuck up. He sat the man in a chair and swung the balls in such a way as to mat the man's hair down flat without actually hitting his scalp.

I've wondered whether the Asian guy was a plant; his gravity-defying hair was perfect for the demonstration, and to make things even easier, he happened to be sitting on the aisle. But regardless of whether he was a plant or simply a random passenger who happened to fit the bill, the fact remains that it was a fantastic show.

I've seen two different "El Gaucho"s and "Los Gauchos."

Los Gauchos was a trio (Grandeur 2009) - they were great. The first El Gaucho (Serenade 2010) was big guy with long, greasy hair. And then the second El Gaucho (Adventure 2011) was a little guy with short hair.

Which gaucho are you referring to?

Ironically, El Gaucho on our last cruise chose an asian man to do the hair trick. However, I'm quite confident that this guy was not a plant, as I spoke to him and his wife later in the cruise.

Los Gauchos was a trio (Grandeur 2009) - they were great. The first El Gaucho (Serenade 2010) was big guy with long, greasy hair. And then the second El Gaucho (Adventure 2011) was a little guy with short hair.

Which gaucho are you referring to?

Ironically, El Gaucho on our last cruise chose an asian man to do the hair trick. However, I'm quite confident that this guy was not a plant, as I spoke to him and his wife later in the cruise.

The El Gaucho I saw was by himself, not part of a trio. I actually don't remember what he looked like, other than that he was Hispanic. I would guess that it was probably the big guy with the long hair, but I won't swear to it.

I do remember looking for the Asian guy later on in the cruise, but I never saw him again. Doesn't mean he was a plant, but that's one of the things that fueled my suspicion.

Gaucho guy we saw was now paired with his wife, both with stings with a ball on the end. The did knock a cigarette out of a guys mouth from the audience but I was so nervous for him I don't remember what the audience member looked like. Gaucho had long greasy looking hair that I just wanted to chop off. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived