Get off the ship, early fly out late......

mrskmirolla

We get off our ship in Boston in the morning and don't fly out until around 6pm is there anything near the airport to do?? This is for the May 27th Maasdam Canada/New England. I have been searching the web but can't really find much. We really don't want to sit around the airport for 5 or 6 hours. Any help would be appreciated.

Kathy

How early do you think you can check your luggage in at the airport?

I'm thinking you might want to check your luggage, then take the subway into Boston. It's a very fast ride (less than half an hour). Take the Silver Line (which is actually a bus) from the airport terminal to South Station. You can get out at South Station or transfer (free) to the Red Line, and take that to Park Street. There is plenty to do there. Maps and stuff can be found at http://www.mbta.com.

Then there is the HAL excursion through Boston then to the Airport. Which solves the luggage problem.

I'm on the same cruise as you.

If you get to the airport early to check your bags you might want to see if you can go standby on an earlier flight.

I've done this before.

So have I. On my Celebrity cruise last December, I had a flight that was like at 2:00 p.m. It was also a connecting flight. For something like $50 (it might have even been less) I was able to switch myself over to like an 11:00 a.m. flight that was direct to Philly. I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We get off our ship in Boston in the morning and don't fly out until around 6pm is there anything near the airport to do?? This is for the May 27th Maasdam Canada/New England. I have been searching the web but can't really find much. We really don't want to sit around the airport for 5 or 6 hours. Any help would be appreciated.

Kathy

If you are hungry for a good meal (casual).

This is a must visit.

The Barking Crab

(617) 426-2722

88 Sleeper St

Boston, MA 02210

http://www.igougo.com/planning/journalEntryDining.asp?JournalID=358&EntryID=6033&n=The+Barking+Crab&t=Local+Cuisine

There is alot to do. I guess you would need to think about the luggage. Even though I am from the city originally, I love the Duck Tour. It is so much fun. Also for eating or just generally walking around (without luggage) I would go to the North End (Italian area) and get some food (so many restaurants. Also there you can stroll by Paul Revere's house. If you like seafood, the Barking Crab mentioned above is yummy.

Sox are in town, but it is a night game. :(

I agree with both Jim and Celeste,

Boston has a lot to offer. I would take the luggage to the airport and either check it in or take a locker.

Then I would go downtown and walk the Freedom Trail which is wonderful. Afterwards I would find somewhere to eat and then if you have time do the Duck Tour which is great fun.

We loved our time in Boston last year. It is such an historical city with so much to see.

Enjoy.

Jennie

Thank you so much, I knew you guys had all of my answers. Grumpy1, I haven't got my documents yet so I haven't seen the tour but I looked at what you posted and I will definitely check into it. I love your screen name I have a jacket with Grumpy on it and a t-shirt of the Tasmanian Devil I wonder what my family thinks of me:D No I bought my Grumpy jacket.

Orsino, thank you for the information and I would like to extend an invitation to you and yours to join other cc'ers on the Lido deck at Sail Away and please check the roll call. We would love to meet you.

Kathy

Archived