Problem and a ??

sashapoo

We just booked the Destiny a little over a week ago for the June 11 sailing. The problem is that when we booked my PVP told me that if I booked a 8A that I would get a free upgrade to a 8D. Well, two days after I booked I got a call from my PVP and he was shocked, asking my why I canceled. I had NOT canceled my cruise and after a little looking into it on he found out that another PVP and accidently canceled our booking when she was supposed to do someone elses. We had a 8D TBA at the time. When my documents got here two days ago it had 8A TBA on them so I called him. He looked into it and told me that there was a mistake made again and that now he was going to have to book us into a 8C (for the same price). All of the 8D cabins were sold out so he said we could no longer have our upgrade promised in the fare when initially he said that we would be assigned a cabin 8D or higher if they sold out of them....now we have been bumped down. I have talked to him a few times but I still do not understand how they can remove the upgrade promised to us in the fare and he says that there is nothing he can do and we have to have the assigned cabin in the 8C cat. What should we do?? On my billing statement it has that we paid for the 8A with the four cat upgrade. Help you guys.....should we just go with it or what?

Thanks!!

I would have to call and speak to the agent until I understood what happened.

How does one agent "accidently" cancel a cruise that belongs to another agent?

I couldnt get my agent to find out about another cruise for me..as he could not access it or get information on it at all.

Sounds like he promised you something he could not deliver.

I doubt that there were any 8Ds left at this late date.

Upgrades were done a while ago and checking availabilty- its a few left.

I dont see any cat 8Ds available and a lot of C's

Its one deck on the veranda deck instead of the lido deck

It's too bad that your reservation got accidentally cancelled, causing you to lose out on the 8D. You could probably get you PVP to give you the same benefit on a different sailing, but if no 8D is available on this sailing, they can't hope to manufacture one out of thin air.

Some folks really enjoy being on a higher deck but lots of us think it really doesn't matter waht deck you are on, but only matters what kind of cabin you have. You still have a balcony, and it is two decks higher than you paid for. I would just go with the flow.

If something about the 8D is very important to you, you many want to pick another ship or another sailing and see if your PVP will extend the upgrade offer for you there. Either way, enjoy your cruise!

I think I would still take the cat 8C, since there isn't really any difference in the cabins in the 8 categories except for the deck location. I would, as MrPete suggested, try to get some credit for the goof that was no fault of your own.

But personally I wouldn't let a switch from an 8D to an 8C ruin my cruise and it is, as virginiab mentioned, still a better assignment (on paper) than the 8A that you actually paid for.

John

Help you guys.....should we just go with it or what?Thanks!!

...Ok, so something happened with your reservation..."stuff" happens. Nobody did it on purpose. IMHO, there is no OBC due, no free drink tickets and no 50% off your next cruise.

...Basically, you still got something for nothing. You were upgraded... just not as much as you were once promised. If it was me, I'd just go with the flow and enjoy my vacation. Now, of course, this is only MY opinion. Others are likely to disagree and protest with letters and phone calls to supervisors that they deserve what they were promised. Me, I'm just thankful I have the means to sail on beautiful cruise ships and really don't give much thought to which deck I'm on. I say... just let it go and enjoy your cruise.

Archived