Early Check In and Hotel Suggestions

socalag

My wife and I are on the Spirit next week after suffering the cancelling of the Pride of Aloha for the 17th. We remained flexible and said we would go were space was available. We have not been in New York in several years and wondered if anyone had stayed close to the pier or had any recommendations since we are flying in on Wednesday. Also does NCL have early check in like Carnival which really expedites getting on the ship?

Thanks,

Jim & Carol

The Sheraton in Mid-Town Manhatten was great. I stayed there last month. It is in the theater district and very close to the Spirit cruise ship. A closer one to the ship is the Holiday Inn mid-town. Sheraton beds were more comfy. Sheraton was only about 8 dollar cab ride from/to the Spirit. I got the Sheraton for 150 on Hotwire.com

My wife and I are on the Spirit next week after suffering the cancelling of the Pride of Aloha for the 17th. We remained flexible and said we would go were space was available. We have not been in New York in several years and wondered if anyone had stayed close to the pier or had any recommendations since we are flying in on Wednesday. Also does NCL have early check in like Carnival which really expedites getting on the ship?

Thanks,

Jim & Carol

You don't want to stay by the pier. Trust me.

A cab ride from Midtown will be under $10.

Try these:

Michelangelo (on of my favorites)

Renaissance

Doubletree Times Square

Marriott Marquis

Less Expensive:

Apple Core hotels (Five reasonably priced hotels in Manhattan)

http://www.applecorehotels.com/

Another group of reasonable hotels

http://www.newyorkhotel.com/

I agree with Blue Herons.

NYC hotels near the piers are in seedy neighborhoods and NYC is small enough so that a cab ride from anywhere isn't very pricey.

Stay in a nice area and enjoy walking out the door of your hotel where it's lively and you'll see people, restaurants etc. Near the pier is busy during the day with business's like car repair shops, bus terminals, and car showrooms. At night, it's filled with prostitutes and drug dealers, the hot dog cart garages, etc.

Archived