Is 7:00 am early to get booted for the Majesty ?

On April 28th we arrived back in Miami after a 4 night cruise on the Majesty of the Seas.

Being first time cruisers we were not exactly sure when we would have to disembark but we were a tad surprised when they called our color tag at 7 am.

We were on the 10th deck .. JS .. but it seemed that everyone was booted off very early. ( we were still in bed when the "friendly yet firm voice" came over the PA system in our room lol ).

We had planned on grabbing the Avis shuttle back to pick up the car but the shuttles dont even start til 9 am for Avis.

Not wanting to wait 1.5 hrs we grabbed a cab to Avis instead at a cost of 25 dollars.

When reading the Itinerary for this ship it said we would dock at 9 am.

Is this the norm for most ships ?

I know my ship I'll be on in Sept. says it will be back in port at 7am. But I don't know about having to just get off the ship like that so early. Since our flight isn't until 3:48pm I don't think they'll be calling our names first. That's usually for people with early flights out.

I know my ship I'll be on in Sept. says it will be back in port at 7am. But I don't know about having to just get off the ship like that so early. Since our flight isn't until 3:48pm I don't think they'll be calling our names first. That's usually for people with early flights out.

Not sure how it works.

From what we saw everyone on the 10th deck had the same color tag.

We also were not flying out that night .. we were doing a post cruise night.

Generally, all rooms must be vacated by 8am. That doesn't mean that your color won't be called earlier! They need everyone off the ship before they can begin to board the next group of merry-makers. The crew has major cleaning to get done to be ready in less than 4 hours! Just part of the cruise experience!

Never count your return to your home port as part of your vacation!

On 3 of my last 4 cruises (the exception being San Juan), they started calling groups to get off the ship before 7am. They started with self disembark but were on their way to the colors very fast. On my Brilliance cruise, I was the 4th color scheduled after self-disembark, which wasn't scheduled to begin until 7:15. They called my color before 7:15. On Rhapsody we were off the ship, luggage retrieved, and through customs before 8am which is when our color was supposed to be called.

Personally, I'm glad they try to go faster. It's like at a restaurant. I'd rather they told me it will be an hour wait and then seat me in 30 minutes, than the exact opposite.

The Majesty is a ship that turns passengers twice a week every week 52 weeks a year. All that experience makes embarkations and debarkations of the ship usually very smooth and fast. Suites have priority embarkation and debarkation which is why your color was called so early. You don't have to leave the ship as soon as your color is called. You can have some breakfast and leave at your leisure anytime after your color is called.

I hate the way they rush you off. especially after partying all night and then having to get ready so early in the morning
Two obvious solutions to that problem - either don't party all night or get ready before you start and don't quit until your color is called.

You can hang for a bit after your color is called. I know it's a pain to end your vacation with that abrupt slap in the face, back to reality whap, but look at it this way. The sooner the poor suckers get off the faster the new cruisers can get on and at some point YOU will be the one on the pier chomping at the bit!

It gives the staff enough time to get the ship ready for the arrivals.

We spent New Year's Eve aboard The Majesty of the Seas. We were the first ones to board (they gave us a card with the number one) and we were the last ones to disembark even though our color was called. You don't have to leave when your color is called. Work a little bit around your own schedule. And I have never left my cabin before 8 AM.

Well on my first cruise last year on Carnival, the ship got back to port at 8am. We had to only be out of our rooms by 8:15 or 8:30, I forget. And we didn't actually leave the ship until about 10:30 or 11am. My family likes to take there time (meaning my mother) so we were like one of the last off of the ship. But once we left the room there wasn't any rush to get off the ship by the crew. We had breakfast and walked around the ship a bit. It was kinda cool. Anyways, I don't know how RCCL does it but that was my expereience with Carnival.

Ok, question, does anyone think it would be possible for cruiselines to disembark in the afternoon, say 4pm. Basically the same time they leave the ports now, which is like late afternoon, can't they have ppl board in the am and then the ship comes back to the port in the pm, clean the ship like over night, and then board ppl again in the am? This way u won't be leaving early in the morning and u have a better cruise experience. Anyone agree, disagree. Thanks!

would you really like to begin your cruise vacation, by getting on a dirty ship, being given a cabin that hadn't been cleaned, and sleeping in a bed that hadn't had the sheets etc changed from the last occupant, I think not

would you really like to begin your cruise vacation, by getting on a dirty ship, being given a cabin that hadn't been cleaned, and sleeping in a bed that hadn't had the sheets etc changed from the last occupant, I think not

I think you misunderstood what they said. They meant that you disembark in the afternoon and the next cruise wouldn't board until the following morning.

The cruise lines would never do that because it will be a lost day of revenue. Also it will affect the timing to each of the ports. The cruises in the caribbean, the ports are reached in the morning with the sailing from port in the late afternoon. If you sail in the morning you would be reaching your first port late afternnon into the evening depending on your itinerary.

obviously some ppl don't read these posts thru. read entirely b4 u answer, thank u.

We did the four day Majesty cruise in February and I was amazed how fast we were off the ship. I think with our drive home from the port, we were home before 10:00AM, an all time record for us! I had never seen anything like it. But I thought it was because there are so few passengers on Majesty compared with the much bigger RCI ships.

We did the four day Majesty cruise in February and I was amazed how fast we were off the ship. I think with our drive home from the port, we were home before 10:00AM, an all time record for us! I had never seen anything like it. But I thought it was because there are so few passengers on Majesty compared with the much bigger RCI ships.
Official capacity of Sovereign class ships is only around 400 less than Voyager class. And except for Voyagers (and now Freedom), Sovereigns hold more than any other RCI ship - pack a lot of people in those 118 SF cabins. :)

Archived