I Just would like to point out something in regards to all the NCL bashing

AnneNchris

Hi everyone...I would just like to point out to the individuals that have blamed NCL for all problems...all illnesses...all taste bud issues...ECT....if you really research you will find that NCL has just about the least amount of illness problems in comparison to most of the other cruise lines...the least amount of safety issues in regards to assaults, (physical and sexual), and according to the CDC NCL's ships rate very highly....

I have researched this over and over again, the reason being I am a very obsessive person when it comes to cleanliness, germs, and food...as well as comfort...NCL is not known for spraying all areas of the ship with Bleach throughout the day (Carnival's cure to an outbreak of illnesses)...NCL is not known for many mysterious accidents, and when there have been accidents they handle them...my point is...before you bash a cruise line, research...research research.....a point of view with no valid points to back it up is just that..a point of view...however, a point of view that has facts to back it up is factual...just my opinion

Hi everyone...I would just like to point out to the individuals that have blamed NCL for all problems...all illnesses...all taste bud issues...ECT....if you really research you will find that NCL has just about the least amount of illness problems in comparison to most of the other cruise lines...the least amount of safety issues in regards to assaults, (physical and sexual), and according to the CDC NCL's ships rate very highly....

I have researched this over and over again, the reason being I am a very obsessive person when it comes to cleanliness, germs, and food...as well as comfort...NCL is not known for spraying all areas of the ship with Bleach throughout the day (Carnival's cure to an outbreak of illnesses)...NCL is not known for many mysterious accidents, and when there have been accidents they handle them...my point is...before you bash a cruise line, research...research research.....a point of view with no valid points to back it up is just that..a point of view...however, a point of view that has facts to back it up is factual...just my opinion

AnneNchris,

Have you ever cruised NCL or NCLA (America)?

Just wondering.

First, let me say that "my" research on NCL has turned up the same info as the OP. High CDC Scores, low sickness rates, low accident and assult complaints, etc as compared to some other lines. Having said that, I have sailed NCL several times and will continue to do so. I have cruised other lines as well and prefer NCL.

I for one would just like to see constructive criticism, and opinions backed up with something.

Imagine you are in the early planning stages for your first cruise ever. You are so excited about this new adventure, but you have questions about what to expect. You discover this wonderful forum to get advice and share ideas. You post some questions about the ship you are considering, and get replies back like "oh that ship is a dump", "the food is horrible", "the staff couldn't care less" and "it was the cruise from Hell!!!" Talk about taking the wind right out of your sails!

I am an experienced cruiser, and know that no ship receives all positive feedback, but I can't help but lose some of my enthusiasm when I read some of the negativity posted about the Majesty (we are sailing on her in December). I know the ship is older and smaller, not a problem. I have no interest in sailing on a ship with 3,000 other people.

If you thought the food was bad, state why. One person's bad food is another's great food. If you thought the entertainment was horrible, tell me why. (On another board a guy went on and on about how bad one of the shows was. Turned out the only reason he didn't like it was because it was all country music which he doesn't like! :rolleyes: )

I know I'm going on and on, but come on, if the Majesty or any ship for that matter was sooooo terrible, would it continue to sail full??

I for one would just like to see constructive criticism, and opinions backed up with something.

Imagine you are in the early planning stages for your first cruise ever. You are so excited about this new adventure, but you have questions about what to expect. You discover this wonderful forum to get advice and share ideas. You post some questions about the ship you are considering, and get replies back like "oh that ship is a dump", "the food is horrible", "the staff couldn't care less" and "it was the cruise from Hell!!!" Talk about taking the wind right out of your sails!

I am an experienced cruiser, and know that no ship receives all positive feedback, but I can't help but lose some of my enthusiasm when I read some of the negativity posted about the Majesty (we are sailing on her in December). I know the ship is older and smaller, not a problem. I have no interest in sailing on a ship with 3,000 other people.

If you thought the food was bad, state why. One person's bad food is another's great food. If you thought the entertainment was horrible, tell me why. (On another board a guy went on and on about how bad one of the shows was. Turned out the only reason he didn't like it was because it was all country music which he doesn't like! :rolleyes: )

I know I'm going on and on, but come on, if the Majesty or any ship for that matter was sooooo terrible, would it continue to sail full??

You are sooo right...if any of these ships were sooo bad...then how would they stay in business:) I really think that it is all in the eye of the beholder

I was about to post that same link.

If you look at this exhaustive, comrprehensive analysis, you are very hard pressed to see NCL mentioned about anything.

It's the most reassuring published source of information I have ever seen regarding NCL.

Now, about those call center people...

I couldn't agree more. I wonder why they think the food is horrible. I have found the food interesting, different, and good. Of course, my momma always encouraged trying new foods. In fact, she would be disappointed if I left anything on the plate! Especially after she slaved all day to create it.

In my area its difficult to find restaurants which serve lamb. I always attempt to dine on one lamb product on a cruise. Yet, just about everyone I know despises lamb. I cannot figure out why, if they have never tasted lamb before. While I like beef, chicken, and fish, I have found I like lamb too.

As far as the entertainment onboard NCL, at least NCL doesn't lip-sync like Carnival does. I despise lip-syncing. In my area its difficult to find any kind of live entertainment, cruise lines provide live entertainment in the showroom, and in the lounges. I'm a happy puppy when I'm listening to live entertainment, from an acoustic guitar to a piano to a live band.

Of course, most of the entertainers aren't record labels artists. You won't find them on a cruise line except at the disco, and not live.

In my area its difficult to find restaurants which serve lamb.

In my area its difficult to find any kind of live entertainment

Hmmmm Don.....you like lamb, and you like live entertainment....have you thought about moving? :)

Seriously, lamb is one of my favorite meats, and yet most people I know also don't like it....yet THEY like all sorts of gamey foods like bison, etc.

It's weird...with lamb people either love it, or hate it.

The nice thing with the cruise ship is you can order an entree...and if you hate it, you order a different one. Same price. Zero.

You do get some interesting types here. One poster passed himself off as a restaurant critic and then said he refuses to eat seafood!

Some want nothing but beef and potatos--anything with a sauce they won't eat. Others want nothing but continental cuisine. Some think dessert means cake, pie, or ice cream--preferably two out of three. A flan or tiramisu or the like is cause for a "yewwwww." Any slams at dining room food should be taken with large grains of salt.

You do get some interesting types here. One poster passed himself off as a restaurant critic and then said he refuses to eat seafood!

Some want nothing but beef and potatos--anything with a sauce they won't eat. Others want nothing but continental cuisine. Some think dessert means cake, pie, or ice cream--preferably two out of three. A flan or tiramisu or the like is cause for a "yewwwww." Any slams at dining room food should be taken with large grains of salt.

For sure; on the Jewel in Sept one gal we sat with 2 or 3 times by chance spent the entire time griping about NCLs food being too spicey. When returned home and the reviews started coming in, one review mentioned the thing they disliked about our cruise: food was bland, not enough spice. NMNita

AnneNchris,

I have been reading all your posts. Glad to see this last one on illness, Nvirus, etc.... Glad to hear NCL ranks high on all that from CDC. I have an autoimmune disease and the last thing I need is a food poisining incident. I have only been on 2 cruises so far, but never had any problems like what I am reading on all these threads. We are sailing on 6/18 Spirit with our children for our first family cruise. I agree it is what you make of it. Trays on the buffet, or coupon scam , etc... you have to make the best of it. I have read so much lately on this site. I can not find one single piece of info on the kids clubs. thanks for all your info....:)

Let me just add that I think NCL ships are extremely clean. The hallways, the cabins, the public areas are all kept very nice. Yes, there will be occassional slip up, something is not cleaned correctly, happens in all businesses.

But I have never been disappointed in NCL cleanliness of the ships.

Hey Cruzeluver, take all the negative with a grain of salt. Before my cruise on the Majesty I had also read a lot of negative reviews. I was so, so, so very impressed and pleased with the trip. I think it was one of the BEST RUN ships I've been on. The crew was fabulous, I had no problem with the food, or any other aspect of the trip. The cabin (outside obstructed view) was small, but it was well organized with plenty of storage for the stuff we had (we don't try to bring the kitchen sink when we travel). The ship was in excellent condition. If I could, and she was going to the right place at the right price, I'd board her again tomorrow!

Let me just add that I think NCL ships are extremely clean. The hallways, the cabins, the public areas are all kept very nice. Yes, there will be occassional slip up, something is not cleaned correctly, happens in all businesses.

But I have never been disappointed in NCL cleanliness of the ships.

I agree!

I'm a clean freak..I even bring my handy-dandy lysol wipes with me.

NCL ships have always been immaculate.

I must chime in and say that I agree that the NCL ships we've been on have all been very clean. There are crew members cleaning somewhere all the time, without being intrusive or in the way. It always smells nice in the hallways, etc. Like freshly shampooed carpet, but not a chemical smell.

Hikini:D

In my area its difficult to find restaurants which serve lamb. I always attempt to dine on one lamb product on a cruise. Yet, just about everyone I know despises lamb. I cannot figure out why, if they have never tasted lamb before. While I like beef, chicken, and fish, I have found I like lamb too.

If I remember correctly, I did have DELICIOUS rack-of-lamb on the Dawn.

I believe in Impressions:)

Thanks for the reassurance jla418. :D

I'm not too worried. Some of the things I read about our last cruise before we went made me shudder, and we had a terrific time. Anxiously awaiting my cruise on the Majesty!!!

Archived