Bring own wine on Board - any experience

My DH and I are sailing Seabourn for the first time in less than 2 months! Yeah!

He has a wine cellar and always bring wine on our cruises. I'll assume that Seabourn allows this but would hate to drag it from Philadelphia to Athens and find out no.

Has anyone brought their own on board? Is there a corkage?

I know that SeaDream allows it.

Thanks!

Recently on the Pride we enjoyed cruising with a fellow shipmate and his adorable wife.......a "Chevalier" of fine wines and champagnes. (from England) Several ports we would "go to town" and shop for champagnes/wines, then having them with our dinner.

We're all looking forward to he and his wife joining us on the Pride Crossing next March.

I drink red Cabs and especially enjoy the house, Chiliean wine.

The Seabourn sommelier's are always eager and willing to help in ordering and also corkage.

MB

Marita and Denyse, thank you!

My husband will be thrilled. He gets more fun out of sharing with the sommelier and the head chef than drinking the wine. I get to listen to the whole schpeel (sp) about the wine blah blah. I say - let's just pour it and drink it!

Very nice to know!

We are sailing the Spirit July 15th - Athens to Istanbul

Can't wait!

Cruisewoman79 I hope that you will write an extensive review on your first SB voyage as you did for your SD voyage!! DH and I are taking our first SB voyage in December. We have sailed SD in the past and are giving SB a try so I will interested in the comparisons.

Hi,

My wife's from Philly, we're going to be on the second leg of our trip, we're also on our first cruise, and we love wine shlepped from home, so we're looking forward to meeting you. I was hoping the wines we can pick up on the way or find on the boat would be fine, but to bring wines from Philly to Greece, I hope to be sitting at your table. Have a great trip over and we'll see you shortly.

Cruisewoman79 I hope that you will write an extensive review on your first SB voyage as you did for your SD voyage!! DH and I are taking our first SB voyage in December. We have sailed SD in the past and are giving SB a try so I will interested in the comparisons.

DisneyJen,

Reviews are great, aren't they?

hehehe

P.S. How was dinner last night?

Hi there!

My partner and I always bring our own wines on cruises and never have had a problem doing so. One thing you must do is to have your husband arrange a special dinner where he, the sommelier and the chef choose what dishes to prepare that pair the wines with the courses for dinner. It's a great event and great fun! You'll be the envy of the ship!

Here's a link to some tasting notes he took from our last Seabourn Cruise (DEC05);

http://dat.erobertparker.com/bboard/showthread.php?t=570&highlight=Seabourn

Here's a link to tasting notes from our wine dinner on Silversea last week:

http://dat.erobertparker.com/bboard/showthread.php?t=93698&highlight=Silversea

It'll give you and your husband an idea of how a high-end line can create a menu based on the wines.

I'll ask my partner to post more info if you'd like.

Hi,

My wife's from Philly, we're going to be on the second leg of our trip, we're also on our first cruise, and we love wine shlepped from home, so we're looking forward to meeting you. I was hoping the wines we can pick up on the way or find on the boat would be fine, but to bring wines from Philly to Greece, I hope to be sitting at your table. Have a great trip over and we'll see you shortly.

Westmount, I'd invite you to our table if I knew who you were! We are really getting excited now about Seabourn and looking forward to meeting people on board. We live in Villanova.

Hello DisneyJen, I certainly plan to write one! It will be interesting to compare two within one year.

Hi there!

My partner and I always bring our own wines on cruises and never have had a problem doing so. One thing you must do is to have your husband arrange a special dinner where he, the sommelier and the chef choose what dishes to prepare that pair the wines with the courses for dinner. It's a great event and great fun! You'll be the envy of the ship!

Here's a link to some tasting notes he took from our last Seabourn Cruise (DEC05);

It'll give you and your husband an idea of how a high-end line can create a menu based on the wines.

Craig I will definitely show this to my husband who will be down in the cellar for hours figuring out what to take. Me - I just have to figure out my shoes! :)

Hi there!

The links were impressive and humbling wines. I was contemplating perhaps 6 bottles until I saw this post. Suggest we coordinate our mutual vino schlepp. I'm thinking about at least two bottles of 90 Pichon, a 95 Dunn, a 97 Matthew Cabs, (Wash State), A Sean Thackery 96 Orion, and maybe a 90 Haut Brion. Still contemplating the Champagne and desert wine.

The links were impressive and humbling wines. I was contemplating perhaps 6 bottles until I saw this post. Suggest we coordinate our mutual vino schlepp. I'm thinking about at least two bottles of 90 Pichon, a 95 Dunn, a 97 Matthew Cabs, (Wash State), A Sean Thackery 96 Orion, and maybe a 90 Haut Brion. Still contemplating the Champagne and desert wine.

I have a very stupid question as a pedestrian wine drinker. Isn't it easier to buy premium wines from the ship's celler than schlepping?

Firstly, its Rob and Lisa, and I'll be watching from the deck when you arrive with your sherpa guide and ten crates of wine. Presume somewhere between Rome and Istanbul, there are beautiful little shops selling fantastic wines to bring back on board, if someone has the desire to do. Looking forward to meeting all these seasoned cruise experts and a great trip indeed.

westmount

Firstly, its Rob and Lisa, and I'll be watching from the deck when you arrive with your sherpa guide and ten crates of wine. Presume somewhere between Rome and Istanbul, there are beautiful little shops selling fantastic wines to bring back on board, if someone has the desire to do. Looking forward to meeting all these seasoned cruise experts and a great trip indeed.

westmount

Hello Rob and Lisa, looking forward to meeting everyone on board also. I'd be very happy with local wines, but my dh Tony is the crazy man. It's a hobby!

Reading this thread makes me so wish DH and I were going on this cruise. Cruisewoman, you've absolutely got to write a full review when you get back.

OK for the curious among us... Tony has made great progress picking out his wines............ but more important... how are you coming with the shoes??????????

Kathy

Reading this thread makes me so wish DH and I were going on this cruise. Cruisewoman, you've absolutely got to write a full review when you get back.

OK for the curious among us... Tony has made great progress picking out his wines............ but more important... how are you coming with the shoes??????????

Kathy

Kathy this gives me a laugh as I sit her at 11 pm paying bills! And what did I do a few days ago - go out and buy more shoes! Documents should be coming any day and I'm getting very excited.

Archived