Those Mini-Suite extras......

Leslieswiger

"AA" Mini-Suite on Island Princess: When does this glass of champagne and deluxe canapes appear and where?:p Help me find the refrigerator and safe please.:eek: Every plan for the Mini-Suite balcony has different types and amount of furnitures. Just what is on a "AA" balcony in way of furniture? Do you think they will have CD players in the cabins by 2/07? Wonder they have not gone into the flat screen TV's.:( Happy Sailings...Leslie Swiger:)

"AA" Mini-Suite on Island Princess: When does this glass of champagne and deluxe canapes appear and where?:p Help me find the refrigerator and safe please.:eek: Every plan for the Mini-Suite balcony has different types and amount of furnitures. Just what is on a "AA" balcony in way of furniture? Do you think they will have CD players in the cabins by 2/07? Wonder they have not gone into the flat screen TV's.:( Happy Sailings...Leslie Swiger:)

Glass of champagneappears when you enter your room and room steward sees you.

No canapes unless you are Elite and then you will receive on each formal night.

All furniture is the same. Refrig is in cabinet below the two televisions.

Safe is behind doors adjacent to the open closet.

No CD/DVD players except for the regular Suites

Enjoy.

Thanks Largin for your info. Please have a look at the new Australia, Hawaii & Tahiti 2006/2007. On page 40 under (Onboard Experience) for a Mini-Suite it says: Upgrade to a mini-suite and enjoy your balcony along with a welcome glass of champagne and deluxe canapes, luxury mattress, duvet, pillows and linens, and massage shower heads. Maybe because of my past 13 Sitmar cruises they told me of the canapes. It's truly NOT a big deal but I was interested to know. Thanks again Largin.

Thank-you Casshew. We have enjoyed many cruises and it is true that LOCATION, LOCATION is everything.

Hello CruiseJanet! On our HAL Rio-Seattle with the Amsterdam, we got to see the Coral in (I believe San Cabo). Saw all the plastic furniture on the balconies. When you look at the brochure, they have different amounts of furniture on them. We have been in full suites on other lines and was wondering what they can put in an area of 8'10" X 7'6". That is the area they gave us for B230.

Thanking you all for your time and interest in the above matter.

It's good getting all the input on this site.:)

Happy Sailings....Leslie Swiger:)

First cruise with Princess, and we had canapes in the mini suite on the Coral. I believe they had been sitting in the cabin for a while before we arrived, because they were kind of dry. The champagne arrive about 15 minutes after we arrived. DH didn't want any, so I drank his also! :D

The fridge is under the TV on the bedroom side. The safe is in a very inconvenient place in the closet area. Be careful if you are getting into it and someone comes out the bathroom door. Ouch! :eek:

On each ship it seems the serving of the bubbly is at diff. times. I always ask the steward and sometimes they bring it right away and sometimes they'll say "Around 4:00". (Or something like that) Some ships canapes everynight and some ships only on formal night. You just never know.

Leslie.. You are correct as that is what the brochure says for mini's. This is a pic the canapes that we received on three formal nights. We are Elite and were in a mini. They arrived around 5pm. As for the balcony, we had our room steward remove the large round table and chairs and replace them with two loungers. We still had room to spare...

canapes.jpg

We didn't get our champagne until around 4:00 on the Star sailing. We had met the steward prior to that, but it wasn't until later that they started bringing it to the cabins.

Two white plastic chairs that you can recline your back in but not put your feet out unless you put them on the rail, and a white round table. I definitely put one of the pool towels down on the chair before I sat in it because it was always dirty.

On our last trip with the Amsterdam, we had our chairs removed and replaced with two lounges also. I must say that with HAL we have ALWAYS had five star service.:rolleyes: I just enjoy ships that are between 90 and 100,00 tons. May I ask what Mini-suites you have used on the Island Princess? Do you feel that B230 is okay?:eek: Thanks again for all the info.

Happy Sailings....Leslie Swiger:)

Leslie.. We have only been on the Coral, which is the Island's twin sister. Our mini's have been both forward and aft, C212, C715 and D716. We did feel a little vibration on the aft mini's, nothing in the forward.. You will love your room..

Full suites only get the canapes on formal night also? I was hoping we could get them every night!

Laura

Laura, we got them every night while in the suite. We were given a card to put out at night on the door knob with the choices. They were pretty good, I would say the chocolate covered strawberries were the best! It was a nice touch to happy hour on our balcony, we loved it.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Carolyn

That is good news and I trust the Island Princess is completed by 2/07. Have they made a schedule for this work to be completed? Does Princess have a site that gives info on work being done on different ships?:rolleyes:

Happy Sailings.....Leslie Swiger:)

Archived