Westerdam Tea Glasses

Williebill

My DW and I sailed aboard the Westerdam to Alaska the week of 5/7/06; all aspects of the cruise were wonderful except for the size of the iced tea glasses. Believe me, the tea glasses on this ship are not much bigger than juice glasses, I couldn't believe it. I asked one of the head waiters for the reason for such small glasses and his answer was that not enough goblets were ordered. Mind you, the water goblets were of proper size; since I don't like strong tea, I would drink half my water and then pour the entire glass of tea into remainder of water left in my water goblet. This worked out fine for me but others sailing aboard the Westerdam may want to take along a proper size drinking glass.

I don't know about Jean but, as for me (also being from the U.K. originally), I loathe iced tea so a shot glass would be large enough for me. I love iced coffee though - go figure:confused: !

Anyway, Williebill, I'm sorry that the glasses weren't large enough. Maybe you could have ordered an iced tea and an empty glass and then figured out the appropriate ratio of tea to ice. Just a thought but it certainly sounds better to me than toting your own iced tea glass with you wherever you go.:)

Someone's brother-in-law must have been over stocked with the small glasses. :rolleyes:

I have seen them in the Lido. No problem, I just get 2 glasses.

Every once in awhile at the Lido you will find one or two larger cups and I grab it fast as I don't like strong tea but I do drink alot:D I have now purchased a large cup to take with me I know that sounds dumb but here at work I am drinking all day long and I do the same at home. My husband couldn't believe I am going to bring it with me but I told him which is better carrying a bigger cup or us (yeah us) keep going back and forth for more tea. Room service in the morning I order him coffee for 2 and order 3 ice teas for me. I would prefer Diet Pepsi but they only have the c---:mad: My husband has retired from Pepsi after 41 years so we are very much a Pepsi family just wish our HAL side of the family would put Pepsi on the ships:(

Kathy

Every once in awhile at the Lido you will find one or two larger cups and I grab it fast as I don't like strong tea but I do drink alot:D I have now purchased a large cup to take with me I know that sounds dumb but here at work I am drinking all day long and I do the same at home. My husband couldn't believe I am going to bring it with me but I told him which is better carrying a bigger cup or us (yeah us) keep going back and forth for more tea. Room service in the morning I order him coffee for 2 and order 3 ice teas for me. I would prefer Diet Pepsi but they only have the c---:mad: My husband has retired from Pepsi after 41 years so we are very much a Pepsi family just wish our HAL side of the family would put Pepsi on the ships:(

Kathy

Someone else liked her Pepsi alot too...

tvstartime260.jpg

:D

Archived