Longer skirt?

Gingee

I bet you thought this would be about a dress. No this about a swimsuit I debating about. It doesn't show the "soft spots" on the top of my legs in the picture but they are there. I do have another suit I just got also with a skirt about 2-3 inches longer. My teen says it looks awful. She says to tone up and I can wear the shorter one. Well my body isn't toning anymore.

So the question is, stick with this or go longer?

swimswuit1.JPG.411fe098617f1d87bc406f5c64f9f761.JPG

I think this suit is fine; in fact I think it's pretty conservative. You look great to me, and not out-of-shape at all; I think you can go without a skirted suit! And definitely not one that is longer yet. Just a little 'softness' doesn't warrant that much concern, in my book, and that suit looks too old for you. However, you should wear what you are comfortable in.

I think this suit is fine; in fact I think it's pretty conservative. You look great to me, and not out-of-shape at all; I think you can go without a skirted suit! And definitely not one that is longer yet. Just a little 'softness' doesn't warrant that much concern, in my book, and that suit looks too old for you. However, you should wear what you are comfortable in.

I totally agree! Do you think there is a chance you are worrying too much and that your figure is actually better than you think it is?

Honestly, you look like you don't need to wear that kind of suit, you definitely do not need to go longer.

But, you should go with how you feel at the end of the day.

I think it looks great on you.

Weight lifting is what will tone you up faster than anything. Forget cardio and get yourself a set of 5 pound weights and start doing stationary squats and lunges.

Do not do walking lunges.

I have a woosy back so I have to watch what I do. Pregnancy did me in quite a few years ago. I am almost 52 (in August). I do have thunder thighs. You guys are sweet. I have tried to go skirtless before but I scarred myself in the mirror. I bought the suit at Wal Mart.

Thanks

I think your problem is having a teenaged daughter! :D Oh, do I remember the days. After I went through months of exercise and dieting (and losing 23 pounds) her words were "Hey, your butt doesn't look so big anymore" :eek:

I think you should wear the one that you feel more comfortable in, no matter what anybody else thinks. If you are comfortable and having a good time nobody will notice what you have on. If you're uncomfortable and tugging the skirt down or the top up and self consious about walking across the deck you won't be near as much fun! Why not take both?

I for one like to be comfortable in a suit especially in public, no tugging here and there to get it to fit. I think it looks great like a tennis dress and comfortable. It is a fun color and pattern and suits you. I think the longer suit is would be a little more matronly and remember the long skirt would probably hug your legs when it gets wet.

"I think your problem is having a teenage daughter" :D :D

I did a (decaf) coffee spit when I read this :D !

I have a teenage daughter, she's proving to be quite the fashion critic. Most of the time, when I ask her opinion (I must love criticism :rolleyes: ) I get the roll-eyes "mom, it's middle aged clothes, it's fine for you!" remark.

I love, love, love her and one day, I know we'll be shopping buddies.

I am almost your age and wear what's comfortable for me. I used to be very conservative, trying to hide every flaw. Then I went poolside and saw women older than me or in worse shape then me in bikinis. No one around them seemed to care. That quickly snapped me out of my fears. Now I wear a tankini which is comfortable and just use a simple wrap or coverup when I'm wandering around the deck.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Go with the suit you have or go without a skirt and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gingee,

Wasn't it you tiny & petite you showing us a wedding MOB dress from e-bay??

You're tiny & thin & this suit makes you look old and heavy and you are neither.

I SWEAR I remember you being petite and a very small size.

I think the style is fine- short could get shorter- you can definitely pull it off....

The print is just too large for you and adds weight.

I bet your daughter doen't like it because it doesn't compliment you at all like it could....

Check out LandsEnd.com- they have tons of suits to look through...

With your blonde hair a gorgeous solid vibrant blue would look great on you....

Listen to your daughter!!!!!

Bernadette

I bet you thought this would be about a dress. No this about a swimsuit I debating about. It doesn't show the "soft spots" on the top of my legs in the picture but they are there. I do have another suit I just got also with a skirt about 2-3 inches longer. My teen says it looks awful. She says to tone up and I can wear the shorter one. Well my body isn't toning anymore.

So the question is, stick with this or go longer?

I thought it looked nice on the model in the picture. I would not worry about your teen-kids are paranoid at that age.

The model on the picture is me.

Also, yes I had the pink formal picture a while back.

So, you guys think the print is bad now? Oh shoot.

I think the print looks nice...really I do. It looks like it's a nice color on you.

Girl Power!!!!

Way to go.

I think you will look much better in a regular bathing suit. In the one you pictured, I would think you were very self-conscious. Who isn't in a bikini? We just don't want others to know that about us!

Have a blast - tell your daughter if she doesn't like, she doesn't have to go!

I think she will have a quick change of heart!

Archived