Another daft question!

Would you recommend taking beach towels for loungers with us or does everyone use RCC towels? Thinking of luggage space and how I am going to manage to fit in all my shoes!!!

We only have one 'at sea' day, so thinking if everyone normally uses the towels in their stateroom, then why differ?:p

You'll get beach towels in your Stateroom.

You're not supposed to leave towels on the poolside chairs to "reserve" a chair all day (unless you're in it!). The pool attendants have been directed to remove any towels that are being used to reserve chairs after a certain amount of time. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. So if you have brought your favourite $30 towel and leave it on a chair for the day, you might wind up going home without it.

Wouldn't dream of leaving a towel on a lounger to reserve and stop other people taking them. RCCI are quite right to remove them I say... Unless you have only popped to the loo or to get a drink ... could you imagine?? The look of shock, horror, disbelief!!!

Do most people just use the beach towel left for them in the room? I will certainly be doing that if everyone else does ... Less laundry for me on my return home! :p

Don't lug a towel with you! They have plenty and they are quite large. If you need more than 1 (and most of us do) you can get them at the pool. Just return them when you are finished with them. You can exchange wet or dirty towels at the pool, as well. Your pool towels will be replaced with clean ones in your room, too. You can take them on excursions or to the beach. Save the weight and room in your luggage for shoes, shorts, diamonds, etc...!

Just for the record, I never save chairs for hours on end. If I'm ever not in my chair, it's because I'm in the pool. If I go to get something to eat I usually take my stuff with me as I'm a little paranoid about leaving my things unattended.

I like bringing towels from home because I have such brightly coloured ones, and my favorite is this huge hot pink beach towel. If I put my towel down and hop in the pool for a few, I'll always remember where I put my stuff because you seriously can't miss the thing. haha

Jo,

We use the beach towels left in the Stateroom. Heck, if someone else wants to clean them, why not! :)

In fact, when we stopped at Labadee, we took those towels with us over to the beach. Everyone did it - so we certainly didn't feel badly about it.

I did see some people who had their own personal towels, but there isn't that much space to hang things to dry, so I imagine they had damp, musty towels by the time they got home. Ick - I have too much laundry as it is.

I took my own towel with me once and will never do it again! I knew ahead of time that you can get the ship's beach towels, but we were on a port intensive itinerary, with lots of beach days and I "thought" I wanted my own larger beach towel. What a joke! It got hot and sweaty after port #1, and no matter how much we shook it out at the beach, it seemed to continue to absorb sand as the week went on. It weighed so much by the end of the week, I ended up leaving it! :) Now we only use the ship's towels and grab a second one if we need it.

Archived