Great Job Cruise Critic

RobNC2001

I was on the RCI board the other day and noticed a post that made a derogatory comment about gays. I clicked on the triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post and reported it to the moderator. Within minutes the post was yanked. Now if only we could do the same thing with Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson..... :))

I was on the RCI board the other day and noticed a post that made a derogatory comment about gays. I clicked on the triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post and reported it to the moderator. Within minutes the post was yanked. Now if only we could do the same thing with Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson..... :))
I agree, especially about Pat.

I never knew what that triangle was for! Glad to know what it is now and that it does work. Overall I would say that Cruise Critic - the corporate entity - acts responsibly. Too bad some posters do not.

I'd also like to join the chorus of those who think CC does a good job. Much like a FOD Meeting, there is no requirement for any cruise bulletin board to have a thread devoted to gays, but this one does. They also have an area devoted to us in the Cruise Styles area with a number of feature articles. To me, this shows that they're interested in portraying the experiences of all types of cruise passengers.

I, too, have occasionally had to use the triangle feature, not usually for homophobic remarks but for remarks that were more generally stupid or offensive. Cruise Critic has always responded quickly and done a good job of moderating its board.

I, too, have occasionally had to use the triangle feature, not usually for homophobic remarks but for remarks that were more generally stupid or offensive. Cruise Critic has always responded quickly and done a good job of moderating its board.

I totally agree with these comments.

I'm always amazed at the promptness with which the moderators deal with any reports of offensive posts that one sends in, no matter which CC forum one is reporting from. KUDOS to all the moderators for keeping these forums a pleasure for all!

Dave

Archived