Silly Diet Question -- Unsweetened Ice Tea?

yes, but the unsweet tea is all they have and there are artifical sweeteners available, (all that you mentioned) problem is nothing disolves in the tea unless it is hot. The sugar or sweetener just falls to the bottom and swirls around when stirred... you could make tea with hot water add the sweet stuff and pour it on ice though.. :)

Those Crystal light water bottle sized take a longs are a good thing too, mixes up well in cold water and light to carry.

I also maked iced coffee when I'm cruising. Coffee is available all day. I just pour over a lot of ice...it's not Dunkin Donuts, but it's good. :)

kitty

Splenda is supposed to be available on request. Haven't tried it yet, so can't say for sure. This was according to the Captain of the ship we got off last week.

They did have splenda on the Voyager in Oct. 05 but it seemed in short supply. When our wait team saw that we used it, we had our own, they made sure to have it for us every night. When we saw them in the Windjammer at lunch they would bring it to us if there was none on the table or not enough.

Since then I've found that Splenda is turning up every where in land-based places so it may be that it is now more available.

They always had Sweet -n- low and Equal.

HTH,

Caroline

Being "semi-southern"; we would stand half-way up when they played Dixie; I do like my "sweet tea"; I always take a box of 100 packets of Splenda on my cruises; that way I always have enough and don't have to worry about the ship not having any or hiding it.

I've found that Splenda dissolves fine in cold water - unlike sugar which does just stay on the bottom of your glass.

I'm trying to decide if I have to bring my own crystal lite stuff... can you get unsweetened ice tea and splenda/equal/pink stuff on board?

I want to save points for dessert!

If you're counting Points, you must be a fellow WWer! I was amazed at how easy it was to stay OP on the ship. I came back from 7 nights up about 1.4 lbs, and I ate EVERYTHING I wanted. Most of that weight was water, because everything was prepared with more sodium.

I did take some Crystal Light, and used it quite a bit. The water is good from the tap, and your steward will keep you in ice. There is also a small fridge in the cabin, so you could certainly take a couple of bottles of water and have them chilled. I bought additional bottles of water on shore.

Have a great time!

Just the pink & blue packets & yes, the iced tea is unsweetened.

Ahhh. There IS Splenda.

You have to ASK for it.. they do not leave it out because people steal it.. (at least that's what the servers on Mariner said) Was able to get it on the Mariner.. but that was last May(2005) so if they did away with it completely, that I don't know... But you could just pack some if so desired, it would not take up any room. :)

If you're counting Points, you must be a fellow WWer! I was amazed at how easy it was to stay OP on the ship. I came back from 7 nights up about 1.4 lbs, and I ate EVERYTHING I wanted. Most of that weight was water, because everything was prepared with more sodium.

I did take some Crystal Light, and used it quite a bit. The water is good from the tap, and your steward will keep you in ice.

I find that it is easy to stay within my points on the ship because I walk so much more when onvacation (I've been known to lose weight on a cruise!) - gotta love those bonus excercise pioints! I like to try to walk the entire ship a couple of times during the week. Make sure you are drinking enough water too - the heat sucks it outa you pretty quick!

Stick with unsweetened stuff - I know it takes a bit of time to get used to, but the fake sweetners have a tendency to stimulate your desire to eat (there have been a few studies about this). I usually stick with water or unsweetened ice tea with sometime a little lemonade mixed in (although I do admit to liking my coffee very light and very sweet so I do limit that)

Who wants to count points on a cruise? That's to help get in shape before the cruise and work off the extra lbs afterwards. ;)

Anyway, I definately prefer Splenda over Equal or Sweet/low, and my experience is that it does disolve much better than sugar.

Much like realtorron's wife, I made my own sweet tea a few times using hot water, and was very satisfied with the results.

Archived